IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly sell on?

harvey54

5 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Not if our sell-on is on any profit - can’t see him going for silly money with his lack of appearances, but you never know I guess. Do Muff have an equivalent of Mark Ashtray raking in massive transfer fees?

edit - just noticed autocorrect of Ashtray instead of Ashton but have left it like that just for the lols 

4 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Not if our sell-on is on any profit - can’t see him going for silly money with his lack of appearances, but you never know I guess. Do Muff have an equivalent of Mark Ashtray raking in massive transfer fees?

edit - just noticed autocorrect of Ashtray instead of Ashton but have left it like that just for the lols 

Think they'd get a fair wedge for kelly despite his lack of appearances (which have been hindered by injury). £20m wouldn't surprise me

2 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Didn’t think he impressed at Bournemouth? Not sure why Liverpool would sign him 

Not sure he looked that bad though for what was his first few games in the division. 

Added bonus of being cover to two positions, currently if Robertson gets injured I believe they use Milner as a left back. 

Somebody at Liverpool really likes the look of him because there has been sustained interest in him for a while. 

Surely not being bad in a 9 game season is no reason to buy an injury prone full back. Oil money has sent £41m to Bournemouth so I guess equally obscene money for Kelly from the horrible Scousers is conceivable

In light of our real world it makes it hard to like or want Premier league football

13 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Surely not being bad in a 9 game season is no reason to buy an injury prone full back. Oil money has sent £41m to Bournemouth so I guess equally obscene money for Kelly from the horrible Scousers is conceivable

In light of our real world it makes it hard to like or want Premier league football

Injury prone? 

Like a lot of players he’s had an unfortunate season with injuries but if the PL champions Liverpool do sign him he’ll benefit greatly under Klopp and the likes of VanDijk and Henderson.
it would be a terrific move for the lad.

I never understood LJs handling of Kelly. Talked him up time again, even said he would be a future England international. Insisted his long term future was at centre back, yet whenever he played him, which wasn’t often, it would be at left back.

Liverpool move could potentially be great for him but my concern would be his career could dwindle out to nothing after spending  many seasons on the bench there. He isn’t going to get in ahead of TAA, Robertson, Van Dijk or Gomez anytime soon.

Edit: maybe staying at Bournemouth and playing regular football in the hope of promotion back to the premier league would be the best option for him.

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

I like that reference, Reg. I shall be using it re MA from now on 

20 minutes ago, davidoldfart said:

You obviously did not read Eddie Howe comments on LK .Having got him back from injury rated him as one of his best players and destined for an England call up ..

Lk usually makes a costly mistake ever other game currently,

He isnt that great in the tackle ether,

The lad is still developing but Nathan Baker is closer to and england call up then Kelly currently is, he needs to get constancy at a good prem level before he can even be considered

1 minute ago, Redpool said:

Can see Bournemouth heading for league one if they sell key players and Howe walks. 

Yep. There will be interest in Kelly, Brooks, Ramsdale, King and Wilson. After that it is quite an old squad. 

They would have so much money to play with though so we will have to see how they reinvest. I am not convinced any of the 3 teams coming down will be serious threats for promotion next season. Although, Norwich’s recruitment so far has impressed me on paper. 

1 hour ago, Sturny said:

Didn’t think he impressed at Bournemouth? Not sure why Liverpool would sign him 

Liverpool were supposedly keeping tabs on him whilst he was here.

I may be in a minority, and get some flack for it, but despite being young and having the potential to be a very good defender, I thought he always had a mistake in him. 

At times he'd look like the next best thing, and other times he'd look bang average. If he hadn't have come through the academy, he'd have been slated at times. 

To be on the losing side this season against Man Utd, whilst Bournemouth had a shocker (losing 5-2), Kelly came out very well from that game, and I think it was Ian Wright on MOTD who couldn't praise him highly enough.

There's a very good defender in there, but for him to develop in the manner that he could potentially do, I feel that he is one of those players that needs to be playing/training alongside better players. No disrespect to Bournemouth (they stayed in the Prem a lot longer than anyone thought they would), but if he was to move to Liverpool, you can imagine how good it would be for his development to be training/playing alongside someone like Van Dijk and under Klopp.

Klopp isn't afraid to play a young player either. Is he ready for the Premiership Champions though? It would have to be a lot of money for him to move, and for that reason I don't think it would happen. Yet.

7 minutes ago, Redpool said:

Can see Bournemouth heading for league one if they sell key players and Howe walks. 

With parachute payments & potentially £60m to spend from the sales of Ake & Kelly, maybe Wilson & King adding £20m more, not a chance.

Should easily be top six.

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yep. There will be interest in Kelly, Brooks, Ramsdale, King and Wilson. After that it is quite an old squad. 

They would have so much money to play with though so we will have to see how they reinvest. I am not convinced any of the 3 teams coming down will be serious threats for promotion next season. Although, Norwich’s recruitment so far has impressed me on paper. 

Norwich have bought incredibly well (on paper)

I guess they had a head start on the others in terms of being pretty much relegated ages ago, allowed them to start planning

23 minutes ago, 'Orns said:

Norwich have bought incredibly well (on paper)

I guess they had a head start on the others in terms of being pretty much relegated ages ago, allowed them to start planning

Also they spent a net £1.5m (!) after gaining promotion, in contrast Villa spent £145m.

That was why any talk of Farke going was nonsense, Norwich have a plan (in my mind a very good one) & are sticking to it.

Expect them to do well this season & deservedly so.

Considering the speed he was sold to Bournemouth (with lots of bigger clubs supposedly in for him) and the way Ashton works, I’d be surprised if the deal wasn’t advantageous to us. 

Im guessing 20-25% sell on fee for anything over initial down payment (rumoured £14mil) so IF a team like Liv came in around £20mil we’d receive another 1.5m

Bloke is amazing, easy to see.

Lee Johnson has more than enough opportunities to get this squad promoted and at many times it was easily good enough to get promoted. 

Yes there came along points where we inevitably had to sell our best players, but only after we had our chance.

A better managed 17/18 team would have gone up as the Reid/Bryan situation could have been better managed and the 18/19 squad could have gone up as the core was so solid. Lee just lost the plot.

Role on the missing piece, Chris Hughton, to finally bring the experience and knowledge to pull it all together.

Obvious really.

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

Bloke is amazing, easy to see.

Lee Johnson has more than enough opportunities to get this squad promoted and at many times it was easily good enough to get promoted. 

Yes there came along points where we inevitably had to sell our best players, but only after we had our chance.

A better managed 17/18 team would have gone up as the Reid/Bryan situation could have been better managed and the 18/19 squad could have gone up as the core was so solid. Lee just lost the plot.

Role on the missing piece, Chris Hughton, to finally bring the experience and knowledge to pull it all together.

Obvious really.

Surprised that nobody else has thought of that ?

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I never understood LJs handling of Kelly. Talked him up time again, even said he would be a future England international. Insisted his long term future was at centre back, yet whenever he played him, which wasn’t often, it would be at left back.

He said Dan Bentley would be an England player so I wouldn’t try to read too much into that, you’ll give yourself a migraine. 

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

He said Dan Bentley would be an England player so I wouldn’t try to read too much into that, you’ll give yourself a migraine. 

Well he's not going to sign Bentley and say "he's an average Championship goalie. Can make some good saves, but is also prone to chucking it in his own net. We'll see how it goes"

He's not going to say about Kelly " He a promising left sided centre back. Good on the ball, but can get out muscled. I've got Webster and Bryan ahead of him and if the focus is promotion, he won't play much and if a Premier club calls, we'll bin him off for a load of money"

Same as the Europe in 5 years he got laugh at for saying. How inspired we would have been if he said "I hope we get promoted, probably won't though, its a tough league. I'll do my best for a few years and if it comes off, we'll be happy"

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Injury prone? 

Like a lot of players he’s had an unfortunate season with injuries but if the PL champions Liverpool do sign him he’ll benefit greatly under Klopp and the likes of VanDijk and Henderson.
it would be a terrific move for the lad.

Exactly,  he has had one bad injury, he is still very young and fit.  He has played well for Bournemouth and become a regular starter.  Liverpool can see this kid is a star and might well become an international, especially after a couple of seasons at Liverpool.  Got to be worth 15 - 18 mill?

Archived