IGNORED

Covid-19 and the start of the 20/21 Season

'Pack' It In

Hi Everyone,

Now the season has finished for us city fans, thoughts have moved on to the 20/21 season, which starts Sept 12th. With government guidelines that Stadiums can re-open to supporters, but with a reduced capacity of 25%. 

Based on 27000 capacity and at least 12000 season ticket holders, the sums don't add up.

How would the Club work out who attends these matches an who don't? 

25% of capacity of 27000, would work out as 6750 fans and social distancing would apply to each stand accordingly.

How do the club make a decision on who deserves their seat and who will probably have to watch via a stream?

Your thoughts anyone!

32 minutes ago, 'Pack' It In said:

Hi Everyone,

Now the season has finished for us city fans, thoughts have moved on to the 20/21 season, which starts Sept 12th. With government guidelines that Stadiums can re-open to supporters, but with a reduced capacity of 25%. 

Based on 27000 capacity and at least 12000 season ticket holders, the sums don't add up.

How would the Club work out who attends these matches an who don't? 

25% of capacity of 27000, would work out as 6750 fans and social distancing would apply to each stand accordingly.

How do the club make a decision on who deserves their seat and who will probably have to watch via a stream?

Your thoughts anyone!

I wouldn't bank on crowds being allowed into stadiums with a reduced capacity with the new lockdowns being enforced and outbreaks happening all over the country 

Of course, things are running amok in some areas (i.e Lancashire/Yorkshire) as of today (Surely can't be linked to Liverpool's and Leeds Utd respective title victories? too much of a coincidence) sorry just playing devils advocate on that one.

Fans returning to stadia, was originally pencilled in for October this year, but as you said we could be in second wave of the virus by then. I am still on furlough from the 1st wave at this moment of time, will I ever get back to work?

I hope so.

11 minutes ago, 'Pack' It In said:

Of course, things are running amok in some areas (i.e Lancashire/Yorkshire) as of today (Surely can't be linked to Liverpool's and Leeds Utd respective title victories? too much of a coincidence) sorry just playing devils advocate on that one.

Fans returning to stadia, was originally pencilled in for October this year, but as you said we could be in second wave of the virus by then. I am still on furlough from the 1st wave at this moment of time, will I ever get back to work?

I hope so.

I was furloughed for 8 weeks and went back on July 1st and know what you're going through regards the uncertainty of your job 

8 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

If I cant fall down three rows of seats, kiss a stranger, limbs everywhere celebrating a goal, I ain't going.

Oh good! One closer to there being only 6750 who want to go!

Seriously, in the context of the pandemic, Sept/Oct still seems a long way off and potential for so much to happen before then. 

There is every chance that we won't reduce case/death numbers much below what they are now, at least until a vaccine comes on board.  While the unpalatable truth may be that the government will consider these numbers 'acceptable' if it means the economy not dying on it's arse and even more people losing jobs, I would not be surprised if we don't get back to the Gate at all next season.

This may be the worst case scenario but be prepared for it.  I am not sure how bothered I am about going back at all while what we get is significantly altered in terms of matchday experience.  I don't know if I could sit through a whole match with a mask in place (although I am totally on board with idea that this may be necessary).

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Breaking from Ali Darden:

If no crowds are allowed back in this year you can see league 1 & 2 being suspended as there's no way clubs can finance huge losses indefinitely plus there will be no furlough scheme to support staff and players. 

Championship clubs may be OK for a while but I wouldn't think they could go many months paying out millions on wages etc with very little sponsorship &  TV revenue coming in 

4 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

If no crowds are allowed back in this year you can see league 1 & 2 being suspended as there's no way clubs can finance huge losses indefinitely plus there will be no furlough scheme to support staff and players. 

Championship clubs may be OK for a while but I wouldn't think they could go many months paying out millions on wages etc with very little sponsorship &  TV revenue coming in 

4 hours ago, Robin Wood said:

This could well spell the end for the english football league as at least 20-30 clubs surely cant survive that long without revenue

EFL, Briadcasters, FA and PFA need to work together on this.

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

Why would you buy a season ticket when you can't attend games? 

Already purchased pre lockdown. Im happy to roll it over to season 2021/2022. Just make next season pay per game if and when it restarts for fans.

5 minutes ago, Chappers said:

So no crowds, limited income, survival as main goal, possibility of season being suspended...... Is everyone beginning to understand the benefits of a ‘cheap option’ manager?

Should of kept Johnson then ?

Archived