IGNORED

Matty Taylor joins Oxford

Fordy62

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Would’ve liked to have seen him given half the chance that Callum O’Dowda was, but hey-ho. 

We’ll always have that assist and that run to the corner flag when you were through on goal!

Good luck Matty. 

To be fair, he played 75 games for us and never quite showed himself to be a top half championship quality striker in that time. 

That being said, he’s obviously a top professional and certainly a very good player at league one level. Wish him all the best at oxford, hopefully bringing them 6 points against Rovers!

Just now, JBFC II said:

To be fair, he played 75 games for us and never quite showed himself to be a top half championship quality striker in that time. 

That being said, he’s obviously a top professional and certainly a very good player at league one level. Wish him all the best at oxford, hopefully bringing them 6 points against Rovers!

He didn't get many chances here....I think he is a better player than we were given the chance to see

Good move for him, back to his home town & got himself a 3 year deal.

Was never of Championship standard but worked hard for the team & as others have said, that assist for Korey paid for him on its own.

4 minutes ago, !james said:

£1 for every time time someone says "he was never given a real chance"

Can’t see how someone who featured 67 times in League games can honestly ever be said “not to have been given a chance”.

He scored 6 non penalties in all those games, which was why 2/3 of them were as a sub.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Can’t see how someone who featured 67 times in League games can honestly ever be said “not to have been given a chance”.

He scored 6 non penalties in all those games, which was why 2/3 of them were as a sub.

I agree!

Just looked on Facebook, my bingo line came up and I am owed about £50! 

18 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

He didn't get many chances here....I think he is a better player than we were given the chance to see

75 games = not many chances?  I think he had every opportunity, but the fact is that while he showed himself to be a useful player, and especially as an impact substitute, he never really showed enough quality to justify being a Championship regular.  Great bloke though, and I wish him well at Oxford.

31 minutes ago, Nugget said:

Wonder if a new manager needed to approve this or if it’s a MA call 

Suspect he wouldn't have signed a new contract here regardless of whether he was offered one or not

So very much a MT decision rather than club or new manager

33 minutes ago, Nugget said:

Wonder if a new manager needed to approve this or if it’s a MA call 

I’m wondering if it was 99.9% agreed when he went there and Oxford took the option? 

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He scored 9 goals in 75 games, 27 starts and 48 sub.

Let's say of his 48 sub appearances they were for an average of 15 minutes, 1/6th of the game. 48 sub is 8 games.

9 goals in 35 full games isn't too bad and that isn't including the amount of times he was subbed off which I bet was at least 20 times in his 27 starts.

Treated like a bit part player but not sure that shows the whole story of his impact.

4 minutes ago, 'Orns said:

Suspect he wouldn't have signed a new contract here regardless of whether he was offered one or not

So very much a MT decision rather than club or new manager

Yep I think you're right.

Him and his wife had a baby in the last year or two and wanting to move back to near their families was a pretty big draw as far as I'm aware.

1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

Yep I think you're right.

Him and his wife had a baby in the last year or two and wanting to move back to near their families was a pretty big draw as far as I'm aware.

Oxford is his team as well, 30 years old - might not get that chance again

And they should be in with a shout of promotion next year, got a good squad there right now. Great move for him, really couldn't wish him any more luck in the world

6 minutes ago, 'Orns said:

Oxford is his team as well, 30 years old - might not get that chance again

And they should be in with a shout of promotion next year, got a good squad there right now. Great move for him, really couldn't wish him any more luck in the world

And gave me my talksport debut too. That’s the most important thing. 

Archived