IGNORED

Another championship club appoints a manager

Finley_Smith10

I think the problem is if its not Hughton, which I don't think it will be, it only amplifies the reaction. If it's Cook it won't be as positive as it would have been sooner and if its Holden I think a lot of fans will be so disappointed that it'll leave him feeling a little jaded that a lot of fans are unhappy with him and we'll all expect more yes man antics with no real improvement in the coaching. 

The club really need to impress with this appointment after taking so long or it'll be off to a poor start from the beginning. 

4 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Haha it is cr*p, clubs just so out of touch with the fans atm, no indication whatsoever on a appointment 

As it should be quite frankly, better no news coming out rather than things being leaked left, right and centre

34 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

It felt sensible to take a few weeks and get the right person. Now feels like we urgently need someone in to have their say on transfer ins and outs. 

Oh that’s cute that you think the head coach has a say on players. 

35 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Birmingham just appointed Karanka as their head coach

What is taking City so long as it’ll be 5 weeks since we sacked LJ tomorrow 

surely a interview process doesn’t take 5 weeks 

You do realise Clotet announced he was leaving Brum about a month before we sacked LJ?

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He did and they got rid of him- perhaps they were working on Karanka in the background, reports suggest 20th July was the first Karanka link with Birmingham.

Yes - it’s quite possible Brum have been assessing and negotiating for nearly two months.

32 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

At this rate we’re gonna sigh Eddie Nketiah before a new manager 

11 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

At this rate Perhaps we might sign Nketiah as manager when he retires?

I’ll never come 

3 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Neil to us Cook to PNE :fear: 

Totally BS'ing but honestly would not be surprised

Good shout 

4 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I've got a feeling that after all this speculation it will be Holden who's in charge at the beginning of the season. I really hope I am very very wrong, but somehow I still have a certain dread that this might happen.

I did say while he was in charge at 25/1 he's had 5/10 games required by places like skybet for them to pay out on him being 'next manager'

19 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

Not when it’s clear mark Ashton makes the purchases of the players: 

He might have final say or right of veto but any head coach LJ, Hughton or other will be involved in appraisal and selection. Where a head coach will step back is in contract negotiations. 

I've said it in another thread.

Oh no a team who has been fighting relegation for season after season, is run like crap and will most likely struggle again next season has hired a manager. 

Whereas a team who has been fighting for the play offs for the last 3 seasons is a well run club is taking its time to find the right manager to take them to the next level. This will not stand we must sack the board! 

Archived