IGNORED

Sheff Wednesday 12 point reduction next season

MC RISK77

1 hour ago, Coppello said:

My views align very closely with @downendcity’s post. The whole thing is a shambles but I wouldn’t expect anything else from the EFL. 

Fair.

Personally I'll reserve judgement until the written reasons are released, but still some unsatisfactory loose ends IMO. I think they're getting better than under Harvey, especially if Derby too receive a penalty- let's not forget they're having to unpick at least one season and probably 2, 3 of these regulations barely being applied except to Birmingham which was the easiest and most blatant.

The timing is a nonsense though!

I think that the EFL should be congratulated here for their action against SWFC. 

They took a case, pursued it to the end and got a result.  We don’t know why it took so long, and we don’t know if that was the EFL’s fault.

The case went to a hearing in front of an INDEPENDENT panel and that panel made a decision.  There is a reason why you have an INDEPENDENT panel making these decisions.

20 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Before we castigate the EFF / Parry, let’s wait until we see if they appeal the independent board decision.

If who appeals? 

The punishment by the FL has been handed down has it not?

I am merely castigating the FL for that piece of garbage.

I, like Tag I think it was and many others, want to see far stricter sanction. An automatic relegation of at least one division is the only way this sort of behaviour stops. Time and again we see flouting of rules. What is the point of a rule if breaking it is worth doing?

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

The punishment by the FL has been handed down has it not?

I am merely castigating the FL for that piece of garbage.

Nope - the punishment by the INDEPENDENT panel has been handed down.  Whilst this works within the rules (which do need changing) the EFL and panel can only operate under the rules agreed by the clubs.

Bear in mind that whenever a club calls out the rules well over 20 clubs sit on their hands and say nothing.

I've got mixed views on this one. 

On one hand the punishment doesn't feel quite enough, still some loose ends. IF the £38m profit was just stuck into 2018/19 and they could spend fairly big in 2020/21 then that would make a mockery.

On the other hand, I agree with @Hxj on a number of levels. Winning the case is positive.

Credit is due for that not least since various legal opinion seemed to suggest and the mood music too seemed to start to suggest it'd be not guilty or not proven! There were claims that Estoppel would seal it owing to legitimate expectation winning the day. Seemed not to be the case!

Archived