IGNORED

Lee Johnson on shortlist to Burnley job

Coombsy

12 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Would be extremely surprised if a manager who just got fired for poor performance from a mid table championship club got a job at a decent premiership one.

I speak to lots of other football fans through work etc and the general consensus when we sacked Johnson was one of shock. 

Unless you watch us week in, week out, as we do, he’s seen as someone who took us from relegation fodder to almost good enough for the top six.

His stock is still pretty high outside of Bristol IMO and will definitely be in contention for Championship jobs that come up for sure, but like you I would be surprised if Burnley were seriously interested. 

44 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Why on earth would an established PL club take a gamble on an average, just been sacked, Championship manager. 

Still how pro active is this  , no vacancy likely and you have already done your short list 

Hi Green grass. You are green.

A facilities manager is employed at a senior level and is involved in high level interactions with suppliers and contractors, they also ensure that buildings they are responsible for operate and maintain in a safe and compliant way. They also over see contracts and procurement. They do not clean up crap.

I have never been an LJ follower but I wish him all the best which ever club he eventually ends up in.

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

If Burnley were stupid enough to hire LJ, they'd be back in league 4 within a couple of years.

Nah. Please give him some credit. Maybe league 1. Is there a league 4?? I have to admit though I have always been an advocate of knocking him down and criticizing him especially as a player. He s a good coach at the correct level and where ever he ends up I wish him all the best.  

I'm well aware what a 'Facilities Manager's' role is & was trying (& obviously failing miserably) to be witty!

I have never been one to want a manager to lose his job & also wish Lee Johnson all the best in his next role. Although still not looking for him to be sacked, the last 2 years have been hard to watch even on the occasions when we have won.

Have a good weekend City oz.

Not in a million years. The hype around LJ is ridiculous.

He's acheived nothing of note other than not take us down having had huge backing.

LJ's going to have prove himself the hard way lower down the pyramid if he's willing I think.

Can't see him getting a Premier League job as a No.1, and he'd be a risk at Championship level so think it doubtful.

Could see him on TV or radio as a pundit as has the gift of the gab with sense of humour which seems to go down well there. 

12 minutes ago, greengrass said:

I'm well aware what a 'Facilities Manager's' role is & was trying (& obviously failing miserably) to be witty!

I have never been one to want a manager to lose his job & also wish Lee Johnson all the best in his next role. Although still not looking for him to be sacked, the last 2 years have been hard to watch even on the occasions when we have won.

Have a good weekend City oz.

You too green grass 

Archived