IGNORED

Lee Johnson on shortlist to Burnley job

Coombsy

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

You’d have to think they’d make themselves odds on for relegation if they were to make such a move. 

As a side note, if we were Europe within 5 years, what would Burnley be?

First club team to win the World Cup within 5 years?

Burnley in the World Cup ?/? Us in Europe yes a possibility in 5 years.

2 hours ago, harvey54 said:

Well he wouldn't be on a tall list would he ?

Apparently the merc he had at BS3 had a modified seat with an extra height adjustment.

The floor behind his desk was also raised about 300 mill so his normal stock standard office chair would not make him inferior when he sat in it.

he likes playing golf too, not sure though if he called it golf or mini golf 

4 minutes ago, City oz said:

Apparently the merc he had at BS3 had a modified seat with an extra height adjustment.

The floor behind his desk was also raised about 300 mill so his normal stock standard office chair would not make him inferior when he sat in it.

Joke Drums GIF by Bax Music

8 minutes ago, City oz said:

Not so far down to pick the ball out of the hole for LJ!

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I speak to lots of other football fans through work etc and the general consensus when we sacked Johnson was one of shock. 

Unless you watch us week in, week out, as we do, he’s seen as someone who took us from relegation fodder to almost good enough for the top six.

His stock is still pretty high outside of Bristol IMO and will definitely be in contention for Championship jobs that come up for sure, but like you I would be surprised if Burnley were seriously interested. 

Very true.  The number of pundits I hear say things like “he plays a high press and plays through the thirds” does my head in.  We played that way for about 5 months, 2 years ago.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Very true.  The number of pundits I hear say things like “he plays a high press and plays through the thirds” does my head in.  We played that way for about 5 months, 2 years ago.

Yep, and that's what most people outside of Bristol think of as it's probably the last time they watched us play, and think we have been playing like that ever since!

1 hour ago, City oz said:

Nah. Please give him some credit. Maybe league 1. Is there a league 4?? I have to admit though I have always been an advocate of knocking him down and criticizing him especially as a player. He s a good coach at the correct level and where ever he ends up I wish him all the best.  

Certainly is a league 4, well that's what the Gas called it !

1 hour ago, MATT BCFC said:

Think Dyche has really overachieved there. Doesn't get the credit he deserves. Think they will struggle next season if they get rid of him. 

Def will if they appoint LJ

24 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yep, and that's what most people outside of Bristol think of as it's probably the last time they watched us play, and think we have been playing like that ever since!

That’s my worry with someone like Alex Neil too.  

Some of our fans point to Preston’s league finishes above us, and the fact they’ve had the beating of us over the last few years.

That needs to be balanced by the opinions of the fans who see his football every week and it seems like Preston fans hate it and it’s easy to see why.

Preston imho play some of the nastiest, most cynical football we’ve seen down the Gate in recent years (with the possible exceptions of Colin’s teams).

So as you say, we can safely assume that the pundits and other fans have seen far less of LJ’s football than we have, so we should always remember that the views of other fans about their own managers carries equal weight.

1 hour ago, Coombsy said:

Bristol City manager lined up for Premier League job as Burnley boss eyes exit - report

Johnson has been with the Robins since February 2016 but is reportedly on a shortlist of candidates to replace Dyche

I'm confused? Where's this from? Isnt reported anywhere? It looks like an old report as it mentions us as if he's still here? 

1 hour ago, BCFC Grim said:

I'm confused? Where's this from? Isnt reported anywhere? It looks like an old report as it mentions us as if he's still here? 

Burnley are desperate to 1. Get rid of the "call a spade, a spade" 20th century dinosaur Dyche, and 2. Replace him with the "call a spade something other than a spade" grass-measuring, drone-flying, box-entering 21st century coaching seer LJ. But Dyche is digging his ginger heels in ....

1 minute ago, Hampshire Red said:

Amazing how many on this forum still find time to criticise LJ over 4yrs. I though these critics didn't go to games, they certainly never went to many away games in last 3years.

They would of gone to home games where his record is nothing short of disgraceful 

9 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Amazing how many on this forum still find time to criticise LJ over 4yrs. I though these critics didn't go to games, they certainly never went to many away games in last 3years.

I’ve been to many away games. I usually got to around 10-15 and trust me over the 4 years there have been many abysmal away days.

We can all appreciate the good work LJ did over the 4 years but he’s not beyond criticism let’s not forget that. As long as it’s constructive there can surely be no issue? What are we meant to do? Speak of him as if he’s the next Klopp or Guardiola? 

1 minute ago, Taylor10 said:

I’ve been to many away games. I usually got to around 10-15 and trust me over the 4 years there have been many abysmal away days.

We can all appreciate the good work LJ did over the 4 years but he’s not beyond criticism let’s not forget that. As long as it’s constructive there can surely be no issue? What are we meant to do? Speak of him as if he’s the next Klopp or Guardiola? 

Yes, and with Robinstv (although nothing like being there) and VPN airways I’ve seen more and more away games than ever.  I think that qualifies me to praise and criticise.

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, and with Robinstv (although nothing like being there) and VPN airways I’ve seen more and more away games than ever.  I think that qualifies me to praise and criticise.

Agree @Davefevs

Can only say it as we see it. The last 2 seasons the away days have got even less enjoyable. Last season obviously being the worst.

We have had some good away days under LJ don’t get me wrong but when the home form & performances have been so poor for so long surely we have a right to praise and criticise?

Same here, what a bizarre thread. Some serious ITK'ers on this forum.

12 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Strangely this is the second time in two days that I have seen something alluding to their being a Managers job at Burnley.

Is Dyche tipped to move on to something better? I don’t read newspapers so I don’t know the rumours.

Archived