IGNORED

Steffen Baumgart

daored

1 hour ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Probably buried somewhere in one of the threads, somebody on here did mention him about a week ago. Thought it was very random.

It wasn’t me, I mentioned Sebastian Hoeneß, who went to Hoffenheim.

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Wasn’t that the bloke who went up into space and freedfalled back to earth?

We don’t need another space cadet

Nah, that was David Bowie.

He seems to have an overall win percentage of 48% at Paderborn! Very handy, especially considering that includes this season coming bottom of the Bundesliga being a very small fish in a big pond. 

I don't know if any of you have seen much of the Bundesliga this year? Very much seems to me to be similarities between Paderborn and Norwich with both teams gaining plaudits for the style of football they've played this year but ultimately both finishing bottom of their respective leagues by quite a distance??

Certainly an interesting left field option!

1 hour ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

Exactly the kind of character/personality that we need plus German managers haven't done badly in recent years e.g. 

Wagner 

Farke

Hassenhuttl

and of course Klopp

His teams score goals and play attacking football - get him in now

Agreed

btw Hassenhuttl is from Austria or sudetenland like Weimann. Matters to some (Nuns, historians Austrians and the like).

excited by this idea

2 hours ago, Superjack said:

Don't know much about him, but he looks like a Wetherspoons regular that's just been asked to sanitise his hands.

Pass.

9622-1531727473.jpg

He definitely looks like a bloke you would not want to mess with. I bet if he eventually does smile you would see some irregular dental work and plenty of gums.

9 hours ago, daored said:

This guy appears to come from nowhere in the betting market:

Steffen Baumgart (born 5 January 1972) is a former German football player[1] and current manager of SC Paderborn.[2]

I can hear the chant now.

Stuffy Bum says bounce around the ground, bounce around the ground, bounce around the ground.

Stuffy Bum says bounce around the ground, bounce around the ground, bounce around the ground.

COYR

8 hours ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Successive promotions from 3.Liga to the Bundesliga, despite finishing bottom of the league is regarded quite well.

Interesting piece about his tactics https://totalfootballanalysis.com/head-coach-analysis/steffen-baumgart-sc-paderborn-2019-20-tactical-analysis-tactics

This really is really left field and honestly could be one of the unknowns that was interviewed. 

Little interesting bit of info if I've remembered it correctly, but Paderborn were due to get relegated to German 4th division in 2017 but 1860 Munich's owner didn't buy the licence for them to play in the league so 1860 got relegated to the 4th division (Regionalliga Bayern) and Paderborn stayed up in the 3rd and ended up winning promotion twice to the Bundesliga. 

It's all fun and games when you look at the 3.Liga and different Regionalliga teams, clubs go under all the time or drama arises

12 hours ago, Smokey said:
From Urban dictionary...
To masturbate in class. Possibly done by shaking your legs so your thighs hit your wang.

Extraordinarily mischievous. Baumgart actually means Orchard. German Jewish origins..

https://www.houseofnames.com/baumgart-family-crest

8 hours ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

Exactly the kind of character/personality that we need plus German managers haven't done badly in recent years e.g. 

Wagner 

Farke

Hassenhuttl

and of course Klopp

His teams score goals and play attacking football - get him in now

Leave out the Farke mate. We dont want verbal diarrhoea at the Gate. 

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Very loudly because that’s how we make foreigners understand us .

:yes:

WHY DO YOU WANT TO COACH AT BRISTOL CITY ?... 

Bit of dodgy translation their Major. Luckily I am fluent, so can confirm it should be:-

" VY DO YOU VANT TO COACH AT BRISTOL CITY? "

2 hours ago, Mr Yoda said:

Seems to favour wearing a cap..the two ex manages that did that iirc were Tiny Peni15 and Lenny.

Not sure I can cope with that??

2923154_1_articlefancybox_Setzt_sich_auch_fuer_die_unterklassigen_Vereine_ein_Paderborns_Trainer_Steffen_Baumgart._Foto_Friso_Gentsch_dpa.jpg

So does this guy, and he's German!

TELEMMGLPICT000220229437_trans_NvBQzQNjv

Archived