IGNORED

Weymouth on the way back up

22A

15 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I’ve often thought about moving back, just not sure if I would enjoy the winter gales though! 

I go back whenever I can and just enjoy travelling around the island, unfortunately all my family from the Island are no more, so I haven’t got a base as such. Thinking of staying in a caravan ( or something similar) in September for a few days. Take in a Portland game, and generally chill ?

Both my kids live in Wyke Regis so not far for me to visit the grandkids if I go back there

16 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I’ve often thought about moving back, just not sure if I would enjoy the winter gales though! 

I go back whenever I can and just enjoy travelling around the island, unfortunately all my family from the Island are no more, so I haven’t got a base as such. Thinking of staying in a caravan ( or something similar) in September for a few days. Take in a Portland game, and generally chill ?

The Eight Kings in Southwell was my local Bill. 

41 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

? Portland are in the Sydenham Wessex Premier League ( equivalents to Western League Prem) , they won it a couple seasons ago. They could have gone into the Southern League but declined to apply. The travelling would be immense and very costly for a small club. 

When I grew up there in the 60’s, there was a real dislike of all things Weymouth, not just the football club, I’ve been told stories of pre season friendlies not being very friendly at all!! 

Portland is where I come from all my family lived in underhill it was a great place in the good old days

On 01/08/2020 at 20:50, 54-46 said:

Was that when we had signed Akinbiyi and Soren Andersen?

Went to the game if so but didn’t realise it was that long ago!

No, I expect that would be 

Friendly Match. 7:00pm, Tuesday 21st July 2009 ...  ?

Did you see me there, if so it was that game because I went :)

8 hours ago, Robin Wood said:

We lived in belle Vue terrace and my family in St Martins Road and brymers avenue it was great down on Chesil beach as a kid have some great nemorys of portland ?

Hi mate ?, I always love a walk along the promenade at Chesil cove/ beach, a real sun trap, a great place to grow up.

I lived in Victoria Place tophill, and my family lived in Grosvenor road. Like you, I have great memories of growing up down there, can even remember all the prisoners from the Verne being marched down through Easton on the way to working the fields out by the Bill, all in their grey pinstripe prison clothes.

Did you ever go to watch Portland play at all ?  

7 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Hi mate ?, I always love a walk along the promenade at Chesil cove/ beach, a real sun trap, a great place to grow up.

I lived in Victoria Place tophill, and my family lived in Grosvenor road. Like you, I have great memories of growing up down there, can even remember all the prisoners from the Verne being marched down through Easton on the way to working the fields out by the Bill, all in their grey pinstripe prison clothes.

Did you ever go to watch Portland play at all ?  

Yes I've been up the Grove to see portland play a few times and been to a few family party's at the blues club 

On 08/08/2020 at 08:13, Oh Louie louie said:

Word has reached me, that the seagull chippy at weymouth harbour, has gone.

We used to go to chessil beach, fishing, and that beach was formed overnight, amazing.

Used to love the fairground in weymouth, not big on health and safety as i recall!

Loved the old fairground as a kid in the70s, Remember going on the wild mouse and it would do a sharp 90 degree turn thinking you were going to plunge in the swannery.?

Archived