IGNORED

Eddie Howe has left Bournemouth

Brann-red

5 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Interview for Howe? Should delay appointment for a week. 

Perhaps he had one last week. No compensation due to Bournemouth now, shrewd move by the board by delaying the announcement of Howe

:whistle::rolleyes:

As others have said it's clear he needs a well earned break from the game for at least a few months after what must have been an absolute nonstop rollercoaster of a few years for him emotionally. He'll come back stronger from it no doubt but there is no way I'd want us to approach him currently, timing all wrong.

2 minutes ago, BritAbroad said:

I think Hughton or Cook will go to Bournemouth.

I think this is the problem, Bournemouth will probably be the most attractive job going in the Championship now and us dithering for a couple of weeks could mean we miss out on whoever we had intended on bringing in. I wouldn't be suprised if Hughton fancied that gig.

1 minute ago, Dolman_Stand said:

I think this is the problem, Bournemouth will probably be the most attractive job going in the Championship now and us dithering for a couple of weeks could mean we miss out on whoever we had intended on bringing in. I wouldn't be suprised if Hughton fancied that gig.

Bournemouth if FFP still applied will have issues. I see what you're getting at though but their financials look bad!

Wonder if that's why he walked?

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

His record with big money signings is awful.

He has several similar traits to LJ.  He also won as many as he lost at Burnley.  

4 minutes ago, WirralRobin said:

As others have said it's clear he needs a well earned break from the game for at least a few months after what must have been an absolute nonstop rollercoaster of a few years for him emotionally. He'll come back stronger from it no doubt but there is no way I'd want us to approach him currently, timing all wrong.

Despite my tongue in cheek comment earlier I agree with this. I too think he needs a break from the game. 

2 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Maybe the person Jon Lansdown and Tinnion we’re teasing today was Eddie Howe 

Can't see it, there is no way we would have got to this second interview stage with numerous candidates of which EH couldn't have possibly been considered for only to give him the job within hours of becoming available.

17 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

If Eddie is interested in the City job, and it's not too late, would you take him?

Absolutely I would.

He fits the bill perfectly. Young but experienced in both the Championship and PL and with an impressive CV. He worked miracles at B’muff. No reason he wouldn’t do the same ay City. He wouldn’t have to move home either...........

All that said he looked absolutely emotionally shattered after relegation from the PL. He could do with a long break from the pressure of football management and return in a few months with his batteries fully recharged.

15 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Spunked £24 mil on Jordon Ibe only to release him for zero in 3 years & £16 million on Solanke who will be in league 2 in 2 years time, biggest fraud in football going. Bournemouth were no fairytale, just look in to their promotions to see that.

Bournouth paid £15 million for Jordon Ibe and Solanke's fee was undisclosed but it's a sin that a player is allowed to leave for nothing after four years and they should have sold him a year earlier 

1 minute ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Unless he has health issues through stress etc and needs time to recharge his batteries 

People are making out that he was a gibbering mess. He didn't seem too bad to me. He's supposed to be distraught when seeing the demise of his project.

Archived