IGNORED

Eddie Howe has left Bournemouth

Brann-red

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Bournemouth fans absolutely gutted on their forum that he’s gone . Says a lot seeing they have just been relegated. Also they are mentioning Chris Houghton to take over . Who’s that 

Could see Pulis going to Bournemouth  

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Bournemouth fans absolutely gutted on their forum that he’s gone . Says a lot seeing they have just been relegated. Also they are mentioning Chris Houghton to take over . Who’s that 

To be fair, they'll still have a very talented squad there, I can see it being the perfect job for Hughton that.

29 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Spunked £24 mil on Jordon Ibe only to release him for zero in 3 years & £16 million on Solanke who will be in league 2 in 2 years time, biggest fraud in football going. Bournemouth were no fairytale, just look in to their promotions to see that.

Yep only managed to get a small provincial club into the Prem for the first time in their history, kept them there for 4 years on gates of 12,000 and  was only  relegated by 1 point, when their best player refused to play for them on the run in.  And yes i know about the wealthy benefactor, but that hasn't got us into the Prem despite SL's money?  To call him a fraud says a lot more about you, than him.

43 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

If Eddie is interested in the City job, and it's not too late, would you take him?

Just tell Hughton and the others to hang on another couple of weeks and set the interview up. Ensuring due diligence is carried out on Eddie Howe first.

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

Yep only managed to get a small provincial club into the Prem for the first time in their history, kept them there for 4 years on gates of 12,000 and  was only  relegated by 1 point, when their best player refused to play for them on the run in.  And yes i know about the wealthy benefactor, but that hasn't got us into the Prem despite SL's money?  To call him a fraud says a lot more about you, than him.

What exactly does that say about me you mad man!?!? ????

And which player refused to play for them?

24 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Bournemouth if FFP still applied will have issues. I see what you're getting at though but their financials look bad!

Wonder if that's why he walked?

Whilst he worked wonders to keep them in the PL for a number of years. Lets not forget that they completely blew the budget to get out of the Championship in the 1st place.

What was the loss they made? I think it was something like £55m the season they went up.

If they can keep some of the squad together, then they're be strong contenders. But they could quite easily crash and burn like Sunderland have.

As for Howe. Bournemouth were his club. His signings are patchy at best (Tomlin, Mousset, Lerma, Solanke) and many more. A number of the players have played with him throughout the divisons.

He must be shattered emotionally,  how it has all worked out. On paper, he looks like a great candidate; but i'm not sure he's the right fit for us at the moment.

It's a no from me. Eddie was probably the right manager, at the right club at the right time but I seriously doubt he would be able to repeat the performance at another club. 

He's Bournemouth's Alan Dicks. Hats off to Bournemouth being able to compete in the top flight for 5 years on the spin but I wouldn't be shocked for a single moment that by the end of this decade they could be a league 2 side again. 

5 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Whilst he worked wonders to keep them in the PL for a number of years. Lets not forget that they completely blew the budget to get out of the Championship in the 1st place.

What was the loss they made? I think it was something like £55m the season they went up.

If they can keep some of the squad together, then they're be strong contenders. But they could quite easily crash and burn like Sunderland have.

As for Howe. Bournemouth were his club. His signings are patchy at best (Tomlin, Mousset, Lerma, Solanke) and many more. A number of the players have played with him throughout the divisons.

He must be shattered emotionally,  how it has all worked out. On paper, he looks like a great candidate; but i'm not sure he's the right fit for us at the moment.

I think he's not ready to jump into a new job myself- but I could be wrong!

Agreed, did well but spent a lot too. Think it was something between £35-40m but would've included promotion bonuses.

Agreed, shattered emotionally- especially with the roller coaster of that final day in the PL.

They seem to have a bit too much depth and quality certainly at this level IMO to do a Sunderland- but whether they'd be dominant or bounce straight back is a very different thing. Moussett is quite good at Sheffield United, was still young when offloaded- Tomlin has a lot of quality at this level but attitude- can he handle bigger players so well is what I'm wondering. That last bit aside, the age range- again I think stands them in better stead than Sunderland.

1 minute ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Agree with all of this other than the last point where I slightly disagree in that he is probably the perfect fit for us in terms of bright, young head coach type, speaks well etc but at completely the wrong time for him.

36 minutes ago, Taz said:

Perhaps he had one last week. No compensation due to Bournemouth now, shrewd move by the board by delaying the announcement of Howe

:whistle::rolleyes:

How many guys have we interviewed on the basis "you resign so we don't have to pay compo and we will give you a tidy signing on bonus"? 

14 minutes ago, downendcity said:

How many guys have we interviewed on the basis "you resign so we don't have to pay compo and we will give you a tidy signing on bonus"? 

Probably the same amount as players we offer pay as you play deals to :whistle:

Archived