IGNORED

Eddie Howe has left Bournemouth

Brann-red

2 hours ago, harvey54 said:

I could write a book on 'crap players that Bristol City have bought' in the time that Howe took to get Bournemouth into the Prem. All managers buy duds, its part of football. He bought well enough to get them promoted through the leagues. 

That works for me 

I couldn't agree more all clubs by crap players but his good signings have 

I think he's been unlucky with the likes of Solanke & Ibe (amongst others). They aren't absolute shite and Howe has never struck me as a manager who takes passengers or piss takers. A lot of those players have got to put their hands up and acknowledge they have taken the contracts but not performed for them. 
Is this a blame all at the managers hands? I don't think so. Maybe several of these players are of the 'Jack Rodwell' ilk. They don't like their job but know they get very good money for it, of course. Thing is someone like Jordon Ibe will get a gig at another Premier League team, probably have a great season (which will leave Bournemouth scratching their heads), earn a lucrative contract extension and then under perform for the next 3/4/5 years.

How took over at Bournemouth when they were in the bottom 2 of Div 4 on minus points after a 17 point deduction and saw them through 3 promotions and 5 years in the Premier League at a club smaller than most. Sure he had money to spend in the Championship (and more than he should have had, but that was the club's doing not his), but plenty of managers have much more than he had and get nowhere near that level of success at much bigger clubs.

9 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I think he's been unlucky with the likes of Solanke & Ibe (amongst others). They aren't absolute shite and Howe has never struck me as a manager who takes passengers or piss takers. A lot of those players have got to put their hands up and acknowledge they have taken the contracts but not performed for them. 
Is this a blame all at the managers hands? I don't think so. Maybe several of these players are of the 'Jack Rodwell' ilk. They don't like their job but know they get very good money for it, of course. Thing is someone like Jordon Ibe will get a gig at another Premier League team, probably have a great season (which will leave Bournemouth scratching their heads), earn a lucrative contract extension and then under perform for the next 3/4/5 years.

How took over at Bournemouth when they were in the bottom 2 of Div 4 on minus points after a 17 point deduction and saw them through 3 promotions and 5 years in the Premier League at a club smaller than most. Sure he had money to spend in the Championship (and more than he should have had, but that was the club's doing not his), but plenty of managers have much more than he had and get nowhere near that level of success at much bigger clubs.

Good shout. Solanke started scoring at the end of the season. He could blitz the Championship next season and be in demand again. Plus, Howe was loyal to King and Wilson after they'd already proved they could score at the highest level

Solanke had to wait for a regular start because of injuries. Stanislas was another slow starter who finished the season well. Bournemouth were very much a confidence and momentum side and this was dented due to injuries to key players mid-season when they were flying. Howe then had to wait for fringe players to bed in and find form. Lewis Cook another who took a while to get back up to form and fitness. Last year he was touted as an England player. 

17 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Good shout. Solanke started scoring at the end of the season. He could blitz the Championship next season and be in demand again. Plus, Howe was loyal to King and Wilson after they'd already proved they could score at the highest level

Solanke had to wait for a regular start because of injuries. Stanislas was another slow starter who finished the season well. Bournemouth were very much a confidence and momentum side and this was dented due to injuries to key players mid-season when they were flying. Howe then had to wait for fringe players to bed in and find form. Lewis Cook another who took a while to get back up to form and fitness. Last year he was touted as an England player. 

Well put and let's not forget if West Ham has beaten Villa we wouldn't be discussing Howe or Bournemouth 

6 minutes ago, Rocky said:

As he should. I don’t think any club would get the best EH after going through last season and then getting relegated. 

All that means is 'Eddie Howe doesn't fancy any of the job currently available...'

1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

It's one thing being given a lot of money in the Championship and whether it was or wasn't against the rules or taints their promotion to the premier league, he did actually win promotion.

Looking at the Forest forum, no posts about County failing to get back in to the League, but a two page thread about "Is Eddie Howe available for us"? ?

12 months ago, they thought it hilarious that County were relegated.

4 minutes ago, 22A said:

Looking at the Forest forum, no posts about County failing to get back in to the League, but a two page thread about "Is Eddie Howe available for us"? ?

12 months ago, they thought it hilarious that County were relegated.

Out of sight, out of mind...

Interesting hearing from my wife's family this evening, who all live in the Bournemouth area. The general view down there is that Howe is coming to City! Hard to see it myself, especially as he appears to be planning to take a break, although might explain the delay in making the appointment. 

5 hours ago, phil_clevedon said:

Interesting hearing from my wife's family this evening, who all live in the Bournemouth area. The general view down there is that Howe is coming to City! Hard to see it myself, especially as he appears to be planning to take a break, although might explain the delay in making the appointment. 

Hilarious Phil... I suspect your perhaps inadvertently droll remark about his break was not what he had in mind!... But who knows; a week in the Algarve maybe all he needs followed by a long weekend in Guernsey and Bob's your uncle.

I will apologise for repeating myself but a few weeks ago I mentioned it would be a strange turn of events if Lee Johnson departed and was replaced by Eddie Howe. Lee Johnson was once touted as being the next Eddie Howe when infact Eddie Howe is in the running to be the next Lee Johnson!

Personally though I think it’s either Cook or Neil.

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Genuine question, are Bournemouth fans happy or in meltdown that they are replacing Howe with their assistant? 

A quick peek on the 'Tindall' thread on their forum shows that they aren't too happy about it.

Comments like the one below show a striking parallel to what's going on here, especially with their Russian owner talking about an ambitious appointment, only for them to go for Howe's no 2 ?

Will support him now he's manager but I genuinely think it's a awful appointment that goes against all Max's talk of ambition. Does anyone really believe he's capable of keeping us in the championship let alone back the the premier League?

I mean at least they've only taken a week or so to get to this point.

Could be indicative that people like Hughton and Cook are the ones massively out of touch with the reality of what clubs can offer them in "these uncertain times". 

Perhaps the days of big managerial appointments, "warchests" and a free rein in the transfer market are gone, or at least paused.

Archived