IGNORED

Eddie Howe has left Bournemouth

Brann-red

28 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Whilst he worked wonders to keep them in the PL for a number of years. Lets not forget that they completely blew the budget to get out of the Championship in the 1st place.

What was the loss they made? I think it was something like £55m the season they went up.

If they can keep some of the squad together, then they're be strong contenders. But they could quite easily crash and burn like Sunderland have.

As for Howe. Bournemouth were his club. His signings are patchy at best (Tomlin, Mousset, Lerma, Solanke) and many more. A number of the players have played with him throughout the divisons.

He must be shattered emotionally,  how it has all worked out. On paper, he looks like a great candidate; but i'm not sure he's the right fit for us at the moment.

Patchy signings. We didn’t have any of those recently. 

I guess there will always be a few of those as smaller clubs have to take risks. It’s a fact of life with most clubs. 

I do agree about the frame of mind thing as I’m sure Mrs Howe would like him to be a pundit for a while. Either way MA will be on dog n bone tomorrow to see if he wants to come and have a chat. We will see, but I’m confident he is now a contender in SLs head at least!! 

straight in at number 4. 10-1

Eddie Howe won ‘manager of the decade’ in 2015. And the last manager to win that before him was Sir Alex Ferguson. Goes to show how good of a manager he is. He took Bournemouth from -17 points in league 2 to the premier league. Yes they have rich owners, but they only took over when Bournemouth were in the championship. So you could argue that he has managed successfully with a large budget and with a small budget.

im sure Mr Lansdown would take a manager of this pedigree in a heart beat, and it wouldn’t surprise me if we have been holding out for an appointment like this (hence the time we have taken.) But then again, I’m sure Eddie would comfortably manage a mid table PL side. So it’s pretty wishful thinking if he was to choose the mighty reds.

1 hour ago, Magicseason said:

A brilliant coach. He is young and also loyal

Is he a brilliant coach? He got promoted due to totally disregarding FFP, has gone on to spend £250 million quid since they got promoted before now being relegated. 

He’s done well for himself there, no doubting that, but he certainly isn’t the ‘brilliant young coach’ that he’s made out to be imo

1.  He probably needs a break so maybe too soon for us.

2.  He has been successful with Bournemouth who are a much smaller club than us (or at least were).

3.  He is a modern young manager who is highly rated and would surely fit in with our philosophy.

Whether he would come here, whether we could agree terms and whether he can bring us similar success remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, WirralRobin said:

As others have said it's clear he needs a well earned break from the game for at least a few months after what must have been an absolute nonstop rollercoaster of a few years for him emotionally. He'll come back stronger from it no doubt but there is no way I'd want us to approach him currently, timing all wrong.

Have I missed something? Last three seasons (before the one just ended) he’s taken Bournemouth to 9th, 12th and 14th in the premier league - does that constitute “an absolute nonstop rollercoaster of a few years for him emotionally” ?! Apologies if I have missed something else that he has gone through - the real emotional stuff was when he was Burnley manager, he was a young man and he lost his mum - it affected him and his family very badly - yet people still dismiss his time at Turf Moor as “he failed” - he was struggling big time and yearning to go home, he’s only human ...

7 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

1.  He probably needs a break so maybe too soon for us.

2.  He has been successful with Bournemouth who are a much smaller club than us (or at least were).

3.  He is a modern young manager who is highly rated and would surely fit in with our philosophy.

Whether he would come here, whether we could agree terms and whether he can bring us similar success remains to be seen.

He'd also have to stick to the same rules that Govern the rest of the division- I wonder if these rules as they start to bite will make certain managers who seemed or seem attractive now less so. Ones who like to spend a bit of cash!

If Lansdown was keen on getting Gerrard, it’s a no brainier that he would have been keen on Howe.

I could be completely barking up the wrong tree, but if the last four weeks have confused us all, it just could be that the jigsaw has come together for Lansdown tonight.

Jon Lansdown’s tweet today could possibly be that he knew what was coming tonight, and that the plan was all coming together.

1 hour ago, castle red said:

I don't get this break from the game, he's a professional football manager ,I think he would suit us 100%

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Unless he has health issues through stress etc and needs time to recharge his batteries 

Depends on his payoff.  Doubt City could pay him anywhere near what he was on at Bournemouth, and getting a job elsewhere may mean his payoff stops???

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I'd take bloody Don Howe the way this is going on

Fantastic tactician, RIP Don.  Had a tactics book of his as a kid.

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Yep only managed to get a small provincial club into the Prem for the first time in their history, kept them there for 4 years on gates of 12,000 and  was only  relegated by 1 point, when their best player refused to play for them on the run in.  And yes i know about the wealthy benefactor, but that hasn't got us into the Prem despite SL's money?  To call him a fraud says a lot more about you, than him.

Our wealthy benefactor plays by the rules.  There’s didn’t.  Had they played by the rules and only lost £6m (as were the rules then) instead of £38m....yes £38m then I think it’s a reasonable assumption to say Bournemouth wouldn’t have got promoted.  They made losses of £10m and £15m in the 2 previous years.

Don’t get me wrong Eddie has done a great job, a manager I really like, but when your owner is happy to break the limits 6-fold it helps massively and imho taints some of his success.  To only get a £4.75m fine was a disgrace....when you get £100m for being in the Prem.

Hes not the fraud, but I see why there is anger against him / Bournemouth.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Depends on his payoff.  Doubt City could pay him anywhere near what he was on at Bournemouth, and getting a job elsewhere may mean his payoff stops???

Fantastic tactician, RIP Don.  Had a tactics book of his as a kid.

Our wealthy benefactor plays by the rules.  There’s didn’t.  Had they played by the rules and only lost £6m (as were the rules then) instead of £38m....yes £38m then I think it’s a reasonable assumption to say Bournemouth wouldn’t have got promoted.  They made losses of £10m and £15m in the 2 previous years.

Don’t get me wrong Eddie has done a great job, a manager I really like, but when your owner is happy to break the limits 6-fold it helps massively and imho taints some of his success.  To only get a £4.75m fine was a disgrace....when you get £100m for being in the Prem.

Hes not the fraud, but I see why there is anger against him / Bournemouth.

Great post- excellent post.

Done a great job as you say but the cash stuff- you had the figures to hand, that really really helps for sure- and creates significant resentment in the bulk of sides/fans!

There's no way we're getting Howe. The only effect this could have on us is if Hughton goes to Bournemouth, which I'm hoping is unlikely if we are as far along in talks as is suggested. (If we are indeed talking with Hughton!)

My main concern with Bournemouth is hoping they have a bit of a fire sale of their players that are too good for this league. Can you imagine our defence against Josh King and Callum Wilson?!

In an open letter to Bournemouth fans, whilst he doesn’t indicate or suggest he needs a break from football the last paragraph, bearing in mind, you’d assume, we would already have had conversations if he’s coming here, suggests he won’t be;

I’ll now be taking some time away during the summer break to enjoy some quality time with my family and I am looking forward to the next chapter in my life.

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Patchy signings. We didn’t have any of those recently. 

I guess there will always be a few of those as smaller clubs have to take risks. It’s a fact of life with most clubs. 

I do agree about the frame of mind thing as I’m sure Mrs Howe would like him to be a pundit for a while. Either way MA will be on dog n bone tomorrow to see if he wants to come and have a chat. We will see, but I’m confident he is now a contender in SLs head at least!! 

straight in at number 4. 10-1

I've always wondered how it works. Like is there a generally accepted industry time after you get sacked that chairman, etc can make contact. After spending the best part of a decade at a club, leaving and then a CEO with a load of buzzwords talking about what he can do calling you the next day isn't going to get the best response I'd imagine?

6 minutes ago, S_C said:

In an open letter to Bournemouth fans, whilst he doesn’t indicate or suggest he needs a break from football the last paragraph, bearing in mind, you’d assume, we would already have had conversations if he’s coming here, suggests he won’t be;

I’ll now be taking some time away during the summer break to enjoy some quality time with my family and I am looking forward to the next chapter in my life.

There is zero chance he is coming here.

Archived