IGNORED

Our Chairman

NcnsBcfc

I don't expect miracles from Jon Lansdown. As there's obviously a reason his father has chosen not to have him involved in all his other businesses.

However, knowing how tense everyone is about the new manager appointment; and when its going to happen etc; that was a poorly thought out tweet today from him.

It would have helped of course, if he'd retweeted later as well; to say "nothing imminent etc".

4 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I don't expect miracles from Jon Lansdown. As there's obviously a reason his father has chosen not to have him involved in all his other businesses.

However, knowing how tense everyone is about the new manager appointment; and when its going to happen etc; that was a poorly thought out tweet today from him.

It would have helped of course, if he'd retweeted later as well; to say "nothing imminent etc".

Perhaps he knows something we don’t know.................. just a thought! 

6 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Perhaps he knows something we don’t know.................. just a thought! 

I'm sure he does.

However, tweeting in the way he did; just raises people's expectations that something is imminent.

A bit more forethought; and tweeting at the appropriate time, may be the order of the day.

I'm totally chill about the whole tweet situation, and expected it, that's what he does.

That being said, he is a total knob isn't he, I'm sure he likes to antagonise fans.

Complete opposite of his father.

Self made billionaire > spoilt baby man

3 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

I'm totally chill about the whole tweet situation, and expected it, that's what he does.

That being said, he is a total knob isn't he, I'm sure he likes to antagonise fans.

How you can cast judgment on a person without having any interactions with that person? Just because he makes provocative tweets every once in a while! It's his way of having dialogue with fans. If it ain't your flavour fair enough but you're being a bit harsh. You just seem bitter yourself, his old man is loaded doesn't automatically make him a 'total knob'

10 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I'm sure he does.

However, tweeting in the way he did; just raises people's expectations that something is imminent.

A bit more forethought; and tweeting at the appropriate time, may be the order of the day.

He is a human being is he not aloud to tweet on his PERSONAL account?

31 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I thought he just designed club crests and his Dad did the rest 

23 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I'm sure he does.

Perhaps something IS imminent ? Perhaps it’s already happened this afternoon at Bournemouth?

Who knows! 

What did we do when appointing managers before social media?  As far as i can see the only people making a song and dance out of not appointing a manager yet are some fans!  The club have not made any statement as far as i can see through any official channels, so how the hell so many people are getting so worked up about names that have only been banded about by fans or the media is beyond me!

Back in the real world, how long does it generally take to appoint someone into any role? not just a football manager if done correctly?  well for 1 there would be the advert, then the the cv and sifting process, then the offer then at a minimum normally a 1 month resignation process, for more important jobs 3 months!

Get a grip some people!

4 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Levels of disrespect for the family putting millions into our club never fails to amaze me

I completely feel the same.

Some fans are willing to make demands on signing players, investment, their preferred manager, the timeframe in which they do it, the way in which they communicate it whilst showing no respect to the 100 million plus invested into our club.

I really don't get why chairman do it, but I for one am grateful nonetheless.

34 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I'm sure he does.

You do realise it’s not life or death don’t you ?

26 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

For context, someone else had tweeted that photo, and he just replied, just a bit of fun it seems!

Yep just a bit of humour implying fans couldn't see who was being revealed in the stadium

8 hours ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Jon worked at Hargreaves Lansdown for several years.

Normally I am up for a bit of banter in any situation. However on this occasion, it didn't seem right.

LJ was appointed after apparently being the only candidate. This time, we are conducting an exercise in which everyone on earth is being considered. All this at a time while, I suspect, many City supporters are feeling quite disconnected from the club. We cannot attend games, meet friends and get a bit of excitement.

We haven't had a peep out of the club since Johnson left and now Jon Lansdown goes on twitter with a scrap of humour.

So, Jon L, get a move on with appointing a manager, give us some information to keep us involved.

Without us, you would not have your plaything. Without us, the football club does not exist!

9 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

I think that's totally unfair on Jon. Being the son of someone who has achieved so much in life must be incredibly difficult.

He may not have the same gifts as his father but it doesn't mean he has nothing to offer and its not his fault if he has been brought up with luxuries.

I don't think the tweet was anything more than a bit of fun. Give the guy a break!!

8 hours ago, TRL said:

What did we do when appointing managers before social media?  As far as i can see the only people making a song and dance out of not appointing a manager yet are some fans!  The club have not made any statement as far as i can see through any official channels, so how the hell so many people are getting so worked up about names that have only been banded about by fans or the media is beyond me!

Back in the real world, how long does it generally take to appoint someone into any role? not just a football manager if done correctly?  well for 1 there would be the advert, then the the cv and sifting process, then the offer then at a minimum normally a 1 month resignation process, for more important jobs 3 months!

Get a grip some people!

Back in my day lad if you wanted some gossip about an imminent decision you'd have to go on shanksi pony to Ashton Gate, drop a half penny or two to push through the crowd and get a sort of 2nd row view. The big Billy bollox would be darkening the view in front and to get in front of them you'd have to take a black eye or spit and polish his steel studded boots. Only then could you see the coming and goings into board room door. And hope to see new man. It took a full 4 hours to relay your gossip back to your town cryer. Those were the days.

39 minutes ago, Harry R said:

Jon worked at Hargreaves Lansdown for several years.

There was a guy there once on 30k a year just doing photocopying and being the mail boy. Could have been him I suppose.

15 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Normally I am up for a bit of banter in any situation. However on this occasion, it didn't seem right.

LJ was appointed after apparently being the only candidate. This time, we are conducting an exercise in which everyone on earth is being considered. All this at a time while, I suspect, many City supporters are feeling quite disconnected from the club. We cannot attend games, meet friends and get a bit of excitement.

We haven't had a peep out of the club since Johnson left and now Jon Lansdown goes on twitter with a scrap of humour.

So, Jon L, get a move on with appointing a manager, give us some information to keep us involved.

Without us, you would not have your plaything. Without us, the football club does not exist!

Amazing post! ??‍♂️

Archived