IGNORED

Our Chairman

NcnsBcfc

Just now, Robert the bruce said:

Pretty immature I'd say.....

Privileged upbringing restricting core elements??...

no just ******* idiots going off on one because someone tweeted on their personal twitter account,

If people are stupid enough to think a harmless tweet means something then they should stay off social media all together

5 hours ago, Harry R said:

I believe he also did some relatively junior jobs at the club before moving up.

Not here to defend Jon, but he didn't just walk straight into being Chairman of the club.

1 hour ago, numbeast said:

Firstly he has been vice chairman for several years, thus should have gained some experience in that role.

Mark Ashton does much of the day to day running of the club whilst J L is the figurehead. Ultimately before either MA or JL can implement any decisions they are first examined by Steve Lansdown who then ratifies or rejects them.

Appointed director at the age of 27 and Managing Director shortly after that. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/teams/board-of-directors/jon-lansdown/

Jon would have been instrumental behind the bizarre appointment of a manager who lacks man management and leadership skills - thus I have serious doubts as to his ability to make a decent appointment this time around - and similarly himself has minimal credentials to have been appointed as MD and now Chairman.

Absolutely nuts.

1 hour ago, WOTRED said:

JL is qualified because he is SL's son. It is very easy to spend someone else's money and JL's role is to ensure his father's money is used as effectively as possible by the club. 

That is why he is Chairman so he can scrutinise what is going on and probably why, I think, he was vice-chairman - to learn and understand what the job entails.

Oi!

Who appointed you to come on here and post based on logical common sense?

I know you are a bit of a newbie, so don't yet understand how this forum works, but I am happy to pass on the benefit of my experience. The rules are you make stuff up, ignoring facts, logic and common sense wherever possible, speculate wherever possible with no evidence for the speculation, currently about possible managerial candidates and the odds of them getting the job and generally rubbish anyone you disagree with. 

Do that and you’ll fit right in.

So, just to put you straight, JL is a spoiled brat, born with a silver spoon in his mouth, has never done a productive day’s work in his life, threatens anyone who questions him that he will tell his Dad on them, sticks his nose in the club’s business, without knowing what he’s talking about and is almost certainly singlehandedly directly responsible for the clubs’s misfortunes from the day he took a role at Ashton Gate. 

P.S. Don't post puns - the natives don't like them, especially fish and bread ones - must be something to do with the Sermon on the Mount so I’m guessing we have a lot of cheesemakers and Greeks using the forum.

:) 

19 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Jon would have been instrumental behind the bizarre appointment of a manager who lacks man management and leadership skills - thus I have serious doubts as to his ability to make a decent appointment this time around - and similarly himself has minimal credentials to have been appointed as MD and now Chairman.

Absolutely nuts.

Yup. People can dress it up which ever way they want and the Lansdown’s will always be blindly backed by some of our fanbase - fair play they have invested money into the club but this does not automatically qualify  them to be absolved of any criticism. Jon Lansdown with his very limited experience and his fairly young age is a very questionable individual to be making any big decisions at BCFC. To be honest i don’t trust his judgement and for me he 100% is only in the role he is in because his dad is the majority shareholder.

3 minutes ago, bris red said:

Yup. People can dress it up which ever way they want and the Lansdown’s will always be blindly backed by some of our fanbase - fair play they have invested money into the club but this does not automatically qualify  them to be absolved of any criticism. Jon Lansdown with his very limited experience and his fairly young age is a very questionable individual to be making any big decisions at BCFC. To be honest i don’t trust his judgement and for me he 100% is only in the role he is in because his dad is the majority shareholder.

Yes, he is in the position he is because his dad is the majority shareholder agreed but I would rather have Jon Lansdown in that position than a lot of the people that have been in the decision making roles in the past.

He is at least a fan of the club, and some of the chancers we have had in the past have been horrendous and didn't understand the fanbase one iota. There was the guy called Gould (I think) who actually requested that our mascot receive the trophy if we beat Stoke in the 2000 Wembley final because 'the kids would like it', and that wasn't his worst crime either! There was the guy whose name I forget who looked a bit like a smug Dracula around the Laycock period who didn't 'get' football at all and was a businessman through and through.

I don't think we're so badly off with what we've got right now.

41 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Absolutely nuts.

I guess you could also say he became vice chairman in 2013 with average attendances of 10.5k when we were slumming it in L1.

We then appointed Cotterill, won the double, got promoted, finished build our new stadium, and sit as an established Championship team with an average attendance of almost 20k and potentially about to appoint a very well known and pretty prestigious manager.

Funny how you missed all that bit off though.

1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

I guess you could also say he became vice chairman in 2013 with average attendances of 10.5k when we were slumming it in L1.

We then appointed Cotterill, won the double, got promoted, finished build our new stadium, and sit as an established Championship team with an average attendance of almost 20k and potentially about to appoint a very well known and pretty prestigious manager.

21.6k average last season actually notwithstanding the last 4 home games where the attendance averaged about 20. 

4 minutes ago, bris red said:

You are right Jon Lansdown is only chairman due to his dad owning the club and ultimately Steve Lansdown will appoint who he like to whatever position he likes. Until someone comes along with very deep pockets and buys the club off the Lansdown family SL will continue to appoint whoever he wants.

I'm not saying SL's decisions are beyond question but, as the saying goes, "He who pays the piper calls the tune" Under his stewardship he has underwritten the clubs losses whilst advancing the club off the pitch. Yes there has been some questionable decisions but I'd hate to think where the club would be without his financial support. 

Getting back to Jon being appointed chairman, he is the face of the club, the real power resides in Guernsey.

22 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Come on, this is OTIB.  Why derail a perfectly good story with facts to the contrary.

3 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Met JL a few times at Fans Parliament meetings a few years ago. He's a switched on bloke who was a fan before his dad took over. What I would have given to have a dad who bought me my favourite club!! 

My Dad bought me a 7 iron once

Umm... isn’t every Chairman only ever Chairman because they know (or, indeed, are) the owner? It’s not like there’s a hot jobs market for the job title “Chairman of Football Club”. Who else would you have SL appoint? 

This whole thread is ridiculous.

7 minutes ago, City Ben said:

Umm... isn’t every Chairman only ever Chairman because they know (or, indeed, are) the owner? It’s not like there’s a hot jobs market for the job title “Chairman of Football Club”. Who else would you have SL appoint? 

This whole thread is ridiculous.

If there was, what with due diligence, advertising , interviewing, short listing and waiting for applicants to resign their current position we’d take about 3 years to appoint.

That’s why SL appointed his son.

:) 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

He’s still the chairman and still represents us in everything he does. 

Bollocks everyone is entitled to a private life, you post on here is that representing your company?,

If he tweeted off an official city account then its different but he didn't, he tweeted off his own, and why aren't you aiming the same criticism at tinnion, after all by your twisted logic his personal account also represents the club,

You can't slag one off without the other as it just shows a vendetta or jealousy

9 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Normally I am up for a bit of banter in any situation. However on this occasion, it didn't seem right.

LJ was appointed after apparently being the only candidate. This time, we are conducting an exercise in which everyone on earth is being considered. All this at a time while, I suspect, many City supporters are feeling quite disconnected from the club. We cannot attend games, meet friends and get a bit of excitement.

We haven't had a peep out of the club since Johnson left and now Jon Lansdown goes on twitter with a scrap of humour.

So, Jon L, get a move on with appointing a manager, give us some information to keep us involved.

Without us, you would not have your plaything. Without us, the football club does not exist!

Actually, there's every chance thT without his family, our club wouldn't exist, so I'd be a little bit more respectful & appreciative, if I were you. 

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Bollocks everyone is entitled to a private life, you post on here is that representing your company?,

If he tweeted off an official city account then its different but he didn't, he tweeted off his own, and why aren't you aiming the same criticism at tinnion, after all by your twisted logic his personal account also represents the club,

You can't slag one off without the other as it just shows a vendetta or jealousy

Is he or is he not tweeting about the club ? 
I’ve always wondered , what actual qualifications does he have to be chairman of a football club . Genuine question . 

15 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Is he or is he not tweeting about the club ? 
I’ve always wondered , what actual qualifications does he have to be chairman of a football club . Genuine question . 

Doesn't need any, nor does any chairman of a football club

2 hours ago, IAmNick said:

Probably because as has been well documented Dawe appointed Cotterill and Lansdown Seniors cash has built the stadium. 

I think it’s fairly obvious that somebody whose sole working experience is 2 or 3 years administration will be ill equipped to become MD of any company let alone a Championship football club followed by thousands of fans. 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Surely you would need some kind of business background to run a business . Unless of course he’s just a figure head 

The chairman doesn't run the business, the ceo does,

The chairman is voted into position by the other board members

Archived