IGNORED

Our Chairman

NcnsBcfc

41 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yes I know, how convenient . So what exactly does he do ? 

Other than convincing his incredibly wealthy father to use a signification chunk of his personal wealth to grow and develop our club for us, build us a stadium to be proud of and get home to agree to cover 20million a year losses...? 

Probably not a lot.... ?‍♂️

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

or its Sunday and the media team have a day off

When have the current media team ever had a day off? In addition you're adamant that his tweets is meaningless, I'm adamant that it means something is close/done. JL isn't going to wind up fans for no reason. 

7 hours ago, Monkeh said:

no just ******* idiots going off on one because someone tweeted on their personal twitter account,

If people are stupid enough to think a harmless tweet means something then they should stay off social media all together

Monkeh, it obviously meant something. JL has form for that sort of thing. I expected the announcement last night or today but I think it’ll be early next week. He simply wouldn’t tweet that for no reason.

6 hours ago, NickJ said:

Appointed director at the age of 27 and Managing Director shortly after that. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/teams/board-of-directors/jon-lansdown/

Jon would have been instrumental behind the bizarre appointment of a manager who lacks man management and leadership skills - thus I have serious doubts as to his ability to make a decent appointment this time around - and similarly himself has minimal credentials to have been appointed as MD and now Chairman.

Absolutely nuts.

Who was the bizarre appointment?

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yes I know, how convenient . So what exactly does he do ? 

Essentially, the role of the Board is to ensure that the company is run legally, properly and responsibly, and to make, or confirm, key strategic decisions on behalf of shareholders (in the case of a public company).  The Chair chairs Board meetings and maybe called upon to act on behalf of the Board between meetings.

Just don't get this problem some people are having with the fact that Steve Is passing his business interests down to his son! This sort of thing is nothing new and (unless I've missed something) has been going on for literally thousands of years! Would we all have such a problem with this if he was passing on a building or retail business?

25 minutes ago, Scrumpylegs said:

Just don't get this problem some people are having with the fact that Steve Is passing his business interests down to his son! This sort of thing is nothing new and (unless I've missed something) has been going on for literally thousands of years! Would we all have such a problem with this if he was passing on a building or retail business?

The building company I started work for straight out of school was run by it`s founder for years and he appointed his two sons as directors when they were very young so they could learn the ropes and eventually take over when he retired. They were pretty green and made mistakes at first but were willing to learn though. When he did finally retire, the company carried on and went from strength to strength under them.

I'm sure that he will have wall to wall advice from lawyers, accountants, his father and the others in the club with plenty of business experience.  It is a learning process that continues throughout life and hopefully he will be around for many decades to come and be able to pass his hard won wisdom onto his son - who will also be advised by wall to wall accountants and lawyers.  Its called running a business. As long as the company runs smoothly and hopefully makes a regular profit in due course then Steve would have done a wonderful job in securing succession, which can be one of the hardest things in business to achieve.

37 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

It's just all so exciting- just think- within a matter of days (probably) we've got a new chap  to vilify . I hope he's really really tall.

Bloody incompetent Giraffe.

Or if he was big, fierce and used old fashioned methods.

Who appointed that bloody dinosaur?

15 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Monkeh, it obviously meant something. JL has form for that sort of thing. I expected the announcement last night or today but I think it’ll be early next week. He simply wouldn’t tweet that for no reason.

Thats not the point im making, people calling him unprofessional for tweeting on his personal account is what the problem is,

Do people on this forum represent their companies or are the posting in a personal manner,

And why is Brian tinnion not getting the same stick, after all his was a far more trolling post than jons, it just doesnt suit their argument thats why,

Its absolute horseshit

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Thats not the point im making, people calling him unprofessional for tweeting on his personal account is what the problem is,

Do people on this forum represent their companies or are the posting in a personal manner,

And why is Brian tinnion not getting the same stick, after all his was a far more trolling post than jons, it just doesnt suit their argument thats why,

Its absolute horseshit

The answer to that is because Tinnion has more goodwill from fans than JL. Fans are a bit iffy on JL. I don't think the tweet over the weekend was unprofessional, if my hunch is right and an announcement is imminent, he's just having some fun with it. 

20 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The answer to that is because Tinnion has more goodwill from fans than JL. Fans are a bit iffy on JL. I don't think the tweet over the weekend was unprofessional, if my hunch is right and an announcement is imminent, he's just having some fun with it. 

I expect you will find that it is only the "usual suspects" who are iffy about JL. The people who seem obsessed with every aspect of the club - especially the parts about which they can have no knowledge. The answer to the knowledge vacuum is the make stuff up and theorise about the fictions thus created.  Some people seem to do little else on this form. Maybe time to get a life!

1 hour ago, Bat Fastard said:

I expect you will find that it is only the "usual suspects" who are iffy about JL. The people who seem obsessed with every aspect of the club - especially the parts about which they can have no knowledge. The answer to the knowledge vacuum is the make stuff up and theorise about the fictions thus created.  Some people seem to do little else on this form. Maybe time to get a life!

It's a tough time to have the initials J & L in either order forming your name. 

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Its absolute horseshit

Maybe Tins had the same reaction as everyone else who read that tweet? 

2 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

And here is the encapsulation of some members of society in this day and age. 

If they’re not privy to everything then what is occurring without their knowledge is a ‘conspiracy, sham, dodge or hustle’

On 01/08/2020 at 22:40, Fjmcity said:

Levels of disrespect for the family putting millions into our club never fails to amaze me

This type of post really pisses me off.

Proportionally, a lot of fans are putting a higher percentage of what they’re worth by supporting the club, year in year out, with season ticket purchases.

1 minute ago, QuedgeRed said:

Proportionally, a lot of fans are putting a higher percentage of what they’re worth by supporting the club, year in year out, with season ticket purchases.

This entitles you to express your opinion regarding results on the pitch to a certain degree - though really should not be to the vitriolic Levels football has developed into.

It does not give you however a VIP pass to know everything about the inner workings of the club as a business and make such extraordinary demands of it and mock the owners as if they are taking your money and then taking the piss with it.

Your money goes **** all distance to cover the cost of the club you love so it is up to someone with abit more clout than you and I To make up the difference.

Amazingly and by some miracle in this day and age the people we have to do that do not have their eyes on the assets of the club, are not intent on selling out to dodgy dealings or go shit or bust to maybe hopefully some day make some money off the back of our club in the premier league and then leave it floundering at the drop of the hat at a later stage.

Investing their hard earned in something as volatile as football, to try and make my club a better place I think deserves at the very least people to be respectful when posting about them.

They are not without question, but they should never be treated without respect.

10 minutes ago, QuedgeRed said:

Yep and they can even make money off it if they wanted. At worst I think we had a 25m loss. 25m out of 2 billion roughly is basically a tenth of a percent. 

I don’t think the Lansdowns are bad for Bristol City. You’d have to be quite dense to feel that way. Most clubs in the EFL will be envious of our owner and his investment. 

That said, someone in the family always gets too involved in football decisions. At least it feels that way. Other clubs have a much more professional feel when it comes to football decisions. Maybe that isn’t a Lansdown’s fault but I can’t see them being very useful in football decisions. Again doesn’t mean they don’t mean well but qualified they aren’t. No more than any of us really. 

4 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

This entitles you to express your opinion regarding results on the pitch to a certain degree - though really should not be to the vitriolic Levels football has developed into.

It does not give you however a VIP pass to know everything about the inner workings of the club as a business and make such extraordinary demands of it and mock the owners as if they are taking your money and then taking the piss with it.

Your money goes **** all distance to cover the cost of the club you love so it is up to someone with abit more clout than you and I To make up the difference.

Amazingly and by some miracle in this day and age the people we have to do that do not have their eyes on the assets of the club, are not intent on selling out to dodgy dealings or go shit or bust to maybe hopefully some day make some money off the back of our club in the premier league and then leave it floundering at the drop of the hat at a later stage.

Investing their hard earned in something as volatile as football, to try and make my club a better place I think deserves at the very least people to be respectful when posting about them.

They are not without question, but they should never be treated without respect.

The thing is though, we’re talking about football, the game.

Yes, the ground is much better, and other aspects of the club.

But the football on the pitch??

Apart from one or two special seasons we’ve been served up the same dross. 
All because investment to get success ON the pitch is not classed as important as other areas.

it should be the No. 1 priority.

8 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Why don't you doff your cap to your masters at the same time.....FFS grow a pair and have a little more self worth as a fan who invests shed loads of time and money into the club.

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

Why don't you doff your cap to your masters at the same time.....FFS grow a pair and have a little more self worth as a fan who invests shed loads of time and money into the club.

Basically all I am saying here is don’t call JL a spoilt daddy’s boy all the time when stuff does not to your way (some irony there) and act like we should have the moon on a stick all the time.

I am plenty content with my self worth as a fan of bristol city, cheers for checking though. Football is hard however and I recognise that and also wish to recognise that there are 92 of us all vying for the same things. there is no such thing as instant success, or predetermined and guaranteed  ‘progression’ football is trial and error on the pitch and with its employees. Improving things off it and around it however is not and I am grateful for what has been done there.

Archived