IGNORED

Our Chairman

NcnsBcfc

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Back in my day lad if you wanted some gossip about an imminent decision you'd have to go on shanksi pony to Ashton Gate, drop a half penny or two to push through the crowd and get a sort of 2nd row view. The big Billy bollox would be darkening the view in front and get in front of them you'd have to take a black or spit and polish his steel studded boots. Only then could you see the coming and goings into board room door. And hope to see new man. It took a full 4 hours to relay your gossip back to your town cryer. Those were the days.

There was a guy there once on 30k a year just doing photocopying and being the mail boy. Could have been him I suppose.

You were lucky...........there were no such thing as football in my day, we had nowt but tossing gravel n' parsnips at whoever were in stocks.

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

You were lucky...........there were no such thing as football in my day, we had nowt but tossing gravel n' parsnips at whoever were in stocks.

Gravel you say? That were luxury in my day...we were lucky if we had bird droppings and mouldy bread to throw. 

9 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Perhaps he knows something we don’t know.................. just a thought! 

I doubt that very much as a good few posters on here seem to know much more and keep us updated at 5 minute intervals throughout the day / night

Wealthy people often appoint their children to be in charge of their companies because they know that they can wholly trust them to follow the policies they wish to be implemented.

See also Alan Sugar, Robert Maxwell and Rupert Murdoch.

JL in that respect has something very rare indeed.

Plus remember that he is Chairman which is not an executive role; other people are there to do the work and he is there to oversee it.

1 hour ago, Harry R said:

Jon worked at Hargreaves Lansdown for several years.

About 2 or 3 years administrative work I believe, hardly qualified him to step straight into a senior role at a Championship football club.

Nothing against him personally but it would be fair to seriously question his experience and abilities.

3 minutes ago, NickJ said:

About 2 or 3 years administrative work I believe, hardly qualified him to step straight into a senior role at a Championship football club.

Nothing against him personally but it would be fair to seriously question his experience and abilities.

I believe he also did some relatively junior jobs at the club before moving up.

Not here to defend Jon, but he didn't just walk straight into being Chairman of the club.

The only reason that the Lansdowns are involved in the club at all is down entirely to Jon.

Steve Lansdown would have had no interest whatsoever were it not for his son pestering him to take him to AG as a fan (told to me by SL himself).

I can understand that people question some of the decision making, but we have a true City fan as Chairman, which is infinitely preferable to some of the clubs you see out there.

He won't get everything right, nobody does, but in this job you get hundreds of people publicly on your back at every little slip. I'll bet there is a lot more good being done through his involvement that will more than offset the font on the training wear a couple of years back.

Listen to the "Cider with..." that Jon did with OSIB, he certainly doesn't come across as a cock or imcompetent there.

49 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Wealthy people often appoint their children to be in charge of their companies because they know that they can wholly trust them to follow the policies they wish to be implemented.

See also Alan Sugar, Robert Maxwell and Rupert Murdoch.

JL in that respect has something very rare indeed.

Plus remember that he is Chairman which is not an executive role; other people are there to do the work and he is there to oversee it.

... and Donald Trump

11 hours ago, RedRoss said:

I completely feel the same.

Some fans are willing to make demands on signing players, investment, their preferred manager, the timeframe in which they do it, the way in which they communicate it whilst showing no respect to the 100 million plus invested into our club.

I really don't get why chairman do it, but I for one am grateful nonetheless.

I think what you’re saying applies to SL, who’s a wonderful benefactor and we’re lucky to have him for that reason, even if his footballing reasons leave a lot to be desired.

I doubt his boy has pumped in a penny of that £100m+, and the more pertinent point is what qualifications or experience does he have to chair any board when he’s barely worked a day in his life for anyone except for this old man? And I don’t count designing that naff new crest as work! 

11 hours ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I don't expect miracles from Jon Lansdown. As there's obviously a reason his father has chosen not to have him involved in all his other businesses.

Do you have specific information he’s not involved in other parts of his fathers empire or does it just suit your agenda to put out unsubstantiated info like that?

As for others saying he’s a ‘spoilt baby man’, like royalty he can’t help being born into that family. What do they expect him to do for a job, go work in Tesco stacking shelves after having an excellent education at a private school funded by his self made millionaire father??

i suspect most people are very jealous of Jon’s lifestyle and would jump at the chance to be in his shoes. 

Ridiculous over reactions on here. Even if he is teasing us (which I don’t think he is) so what? It’s just a bit of fun. I enjoyed it. 

Look around the Prem and EFL at Newcastle, Sheff Wed, Wigan, Sunderland etc to see how incredibly fortunate we are to have the Lansdowns as owners and genuine fans of our club.

10 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

For context, someone else had tweeted that photo, and he just replied, just a bit of fun it seems!

Shocking. Utterly unprofessional, inconsiderate, rude and offensive.

Can’t understand for the life of me why JL doesn’t just appoint Jurgen Klopp now and post every intricate detail of his contract on the official site. 

Shambles of a club.

12 hours ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I'm sure he does.

However, tweeting in the way he did; just raises people's expectations that something is imminent.

A bit more forethought; and tweeting at the appropriate time, may be the order of the day.

We're into our 5th week, surely him saying something is imminent isn't out of place.

43 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Some people don’t realise how good we have it. I will have a good moan and a whinge...but even I find this thread embarrassing 

Yep, and when you point out to them using actual evidence of other clubs getting into serious trouble, they go quiet for a few days and come back and post the same absolute horseshit in another thread,

13 hours ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I'm sure he does.

However, tweeting in the way he did; just raises people's expectations that something is imminent.

A bit more forethought; and tweeting at the appropriate time, may be the order of the day.

I agree , even though it’s not important really , but. 
The club want come across as very professional , tick all the boxes etc. Steve let’s junior loose for a few seconds with a phone. 
Has Jon actually got any credentials to be a chairman of a football club apart from being born with a silver spoon in his mouth ? 

As I understand it, a bloke fires off a retweet correcting another bloke, then another bloke retweets that with some "eyes" and loads of blokes on here get excited. Then they get a bit shitty when finding out the tweets were just tweets, not some sort of coded, cryptic, message that made sense in their own heads. Now bloke who originally retweeted the original tweet is being called out and having his credentials questioned by blokes who misread the tweets in the first place.

Thats just nuts :yawn:

2 hours ago, tin said:

I think what you’re saying applies to SL, who’s a wonderful benefactor and we’re lucky to have him for that reason, even if his footballing reasons leave a lot to be desired.

I doubt his boy has pumped in a penny of that £100m+, and the more pertinent point is what qualifications or experience does he have to chair any board when he’s barely worked a day in his life for anyone except for this old man? And I don’t count designing that naff new crest as work! 

JL is qualified because he is SL's son. It is very easy to spend someone else's money and JL's role is to ensure his father's money is used as effectively as possible by the club. 

That is why he is Chairman so he can scrutinise what is going on and probably why, I think, he was vice-chairman - to learn and understand what the job entails.

3 hours ago, NickJ said:

Firstly he has been vice chairman for several years, thus should have gained some experience in that role.

Mark Ashton does much of the day to day running of the club whilst J L is the figurehead. Ultimately before either MA or JL can implement any decisions they are first examined by Steve Lansdown who then ratifies or rejects them.

As for the tweet, it was a harmless bit of fun. During a normal closed season how many misleading or plain wind up topics are posted on this forum? Give the bloke a break I'm sure everyone is working hard to appoint a new manager/coach. Let's hope we get the right man.

35 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

As I understand it, a bloke fires off a retweet correcting another bloke, then another bloke retweets that with some "eyes" and loads of blokes on here get excited. Then they get a bit shitty when finding out the tweets were just tweets, not some sort of coded, cryptic, message that made sense in their own heads. Now bloke who originally retweeted the original tweet is being called out and having his credentials questioned by blokes who misread the tweets in the first place.

Thats just nuts :yawn:

Welcome to OTIB

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

I agree , even though it’s not important really , but. 
The club want come across as very professional , tick all the boxes etc. Steve let’s junior loose for a few seconds with a phone. 
Has Jon actually got any credentials to be a chairman of a football club apart from being born with a silver spoon in his mouth ? 

Its his personal twitter account he is tweeting on behalf of Jon lansdown not the club ffs

14 hours ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I'm sure he does.

Pretty immature I'd say.....

Privileged upbringing restricting core elements??...

Archived