IGNORED

Ralf Rangnick

havanatopia

Where is he off to then. Interestingly just upped and left. Any planes flying in from Leipzig Ole? Lee had a connection or two there. Hmmmmm.

After eight years at Red Bull, Ralf Rangnick is leaving his role one-year early after reaching an agreement on Friday for the termination of his contract.

“Now is the right time for me to end my job at Red Bull. I would like to thank all my employees and especially Dietrich Mateschitz for their support and trust,” Rangnick told Bild. “He gave me the opportunity to build something unique here over the years.”

4 minutes ago, grifty said:

I'd want him as boss just for his name!

We should ask @Nick if he did, and if so did he say anything about the City job while he was on the phone.

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

If Rangnick comes to England it will be DoF at Man United. Was linked to AC Milan but Stefano Pioli finished strong with them and they gave him a new contract which meant probably no Rangnick

Articles on him leaving say he wants to return to the dugout, anyone know big jobs around Europe available atm? 

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

If Rangnick comes to England it will be DoF at Man United. Was linked to AC Milan but Stefano Pioli finished strong with them and they gave him a new contract which meant probably no Rangnick

Guiseppe Sala, Mayor of Milan is on CNN right now.. let me listen in....

Social distancing is needed, Pioli is my hero, no to Rangnick but did not mention City other than some waffle about him wanting to go visit some old Suspension Bridge in England. oh wait.

30 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

“Now is the right time for me to end my job at Red Bull. I would like to thank all my employees and especially Dietrich Mateschitz for their support and trust,” Rangnick told Bild. “He gave me the opportunity to build something unique here over the years.”

Oh dear, sad to read such a furious outburst from Ralf. 

Resorting to calling poor old Dietrich that indicates the 2 pals must have fallen out in a big way. ?

7 minutes ago, Street red said:

I know city is a hard job but do we really need all these managers just one will do ?

Perhaps we're going to change football management into a democracy after all. We're going to appoint them all and each Friday a committee of Hughton, Howe, Cook, Neill, Holden and Rangnick will determine Saturdays team selection. Sitting in the dugout to make substitutions will be on a rota basis initially determined by who can drink a pint of Gold in the fastest time. 

21 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Articles on him leaving say he wants to return to the dugout, anyone know big jobs around Europe available atm? 

had a 15 minute look for you and cannot find a specific web site with that information. If we take our top two divisions though and extrapolate that out lets take a guess as follows:-

How many vacancies in the Premier League right now? none?

How many in the Championship including us? three (Watford and Bournemouth)

How many leagues would this guy wish to manage in - Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga, Premier League, Championship - these are the top 5. 

How many positions ? 3 x 5 = 15 jobs.

How many of those are desirable?

Who has the deepest pockets?

SL can pay as much as anybody else IF he wanted to.

I don't believe it is as far fetched when you think about it. Unlikely, yes but not out of the question. Why did Bielsa come to Leeds? he came for the money and the history. City is a harder sell, of course it is, but not impossible, by any means.

9 minutes ago, Floatn Over said:

Rangnick said Bounce around the Ground

Its got a ring to it !

Not much, if anything rhymes with Rangnick.

Ho, ho, ho
It's Rangnick, you know
Never believe it's not so
It's Rangnick, you know
Never believe, it's not so

Interestingly Hassenhutl did it at Leipzig, Lee was a visitor to their set up; seems connections were made. Reading that article posted by Chowie you get the impression there is an element of regret he was not able to come to England. He packed up managing now wants to return to it and perhaps is prepared to drop down a level because of it. Who knows.

56 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Just how many managers have we encouraged to resign for the City job?

Ha ha!! That's the reason for the delay/second interviews: you're invited for a second interview on Monday 3rd August, but if you haven't extricated yourself from your current job by then, don't bother coming!

Archived