IGNORED

OTIB in Turkey

Davefevs

Just now, Davefevs said:

One of our forum members is in Turkey and get access OTIB.  I won’t name him, but when he gets sorted he can come clean.

What does he need to access OTIB in Turkey?  Does he need a VPN or something?

A bit of cold turkey from OTIB at the moment would probably do him good.

Is that the issue? single countries blocking football forums? its been off in South East Asia for best part of 2 years. I cannot believe these places block little ole' OTIB. I think it was Tom who previously mentioned it was something to do with their host and that they would sort it... never was. Now I am on Nord VPN typing this.

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

One of our forum members is in Turkey and get access OTIB.  I won’t name him, but when he gets sorted he can come clean.

What does he need to access OTIB in Turkey?  Does he need a VPN or something?

I didn't realise Eliasson was on here...nice that he wants to keep tabs on us once he's gone.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Might have a go at Moby Dick after 11 days here. They’re gonna have to winch me out. 

My only visit to Turkey was one where I put on stupid amounts of weight in a week.  Mezze every night, and lots of it.

Just now, Davefevs said:

My only visit to Turkey was one where I put on stupid amounts of weight in a week.  Mezze every night, and lots of it.

The (main) restaurant is massive. They had 4 variations of scrambled egg this morning... scrambled egg and pastrami, who wouldn’t love that combo?!

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

The (main) restaurant is massive. They had 4 variations of scrambled egg this morning... scrambled egg and pastrami, who wouldn’t love that combo?!

Try menemen. It’s like an omelette but a traditional ottoman version with peppers and tomato.

Go easy on the kunefe and baklava!

The forum isn’t accessible in Asia, Russia and various other parts of the world. Corporate firewall policy dictates that, sorry. 

You can access via a VPN. 

1 hour ago, TomF said:

The forum isn’t accessible in Asia, Russia and various other parts of the world. Corporate firewall policy dictates that, sorry. 

You can access via a VPN. 

Why Tom? 

This is a forum policy you mean or your host policy? 

Whatever it is it's very short sighted for obvious reasons. I know of no other forum blocked in so many countries. Utterly bizarre.

22 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Why Tom? 

This is a forum policy you mean or your host policy? 

Whatever it is it's very short sighted for obvious reasons. I know of no other forum blocked in so many countries. Utterly bizarre.

Why? Because Clik as a company has a turnover of approx £2.5m, our entire business is supplying services to the UK service industry, to the tune of some 4 millions jobs going to field engineers each week. 

We have no need to open our servers up to anywhere beyond necessary nor put our data and subsequently 50 odd employees livelihood at risk from the consequences of a data breach or a server being compromised.

Were not a hosting company, OTIB is just a forum we’ve traditionally hosted over the years.

We subsidise it’s running costs at over 2/3rds these days. It’s kept alive purely because we’ve run it for so long. 

19 minutes ago, TomF said:

Why? Because Clik as a company has a turnover of approx £2.5m, our entire business is supplying services to the UK service industry, to the tune of some 4 millions jobs going to field engineers each week. 

We have no need to open our servers up to anywhere beyond necessary nor put our data and subsequently 50 odd employees livelihood at risk from the consequences of a data breach or a server being compromised.

Were not a hosting company, OTIB is just a forum we’ve traditionally hosted over the years.

We subsidise it’s running costs at over 2/3rd of its costs these days. It’s kept alive purely because we’ve run it for so long. 

Something I am sure we all appreciate Tom, would this be a good time for @Dollymarieor one of the other Mods to remind everyone of the benefits of paying their £5 subs? :)

39 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Looks to me like there's too much available for free for the basic 'non subscription' member.

OTIB surely shouldn't be struggling for funding with so many regular posters?

A piddly £5 - why would any regular visitor to OTIB not become an OTIB Supporter? :dunno:

Archived