IGNORED

OTIB in Turkey

Davefevs

22 hours ago, TomF said:

Why? Because Clik as a company has a turnover of approx £2.5m, our entire business is supplying services to the UK service industry, to the tune of some 4 millions jobs going to field engineers each week. 

We have no need to open our servers up to anywhere beyond necessary nor put our data and subsequently 50 odd employees livelihood at risk from the consequences of a data breach or a server being compromised.

Were not a hosting company, OTIB is just a forum we’ve traditionally hosted over the years.

We subsidise it’s running costs at over 2/3rds these days. It’s kept alive purely because we’ve run it for so long. 

Hang on a second Tom, you block people in certain countries because you wish to protect data yet with a VPN you can bypass that 'fire wall' in a jiffy. So if anyone wanted to be malicious they could be easily assuming you are talking about accessing all of our posts. If you are talking hacking the forum they can do that quite easily, as I said, with a VPN. But why would they?

I have never known a forum blocking themselves from the very essence of its purpose; to reach the football fan worldwide simply because it is a complete waste of time.

Do please correct me if I am missing something here.

21 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Something I am sure we all appreciate Tom, would this be a good time for @Dollymarieor one of the other Mods to remind everyone of the benefits of paying their £5 subs? :)

Well, sorry bud but in order for me to make my contributions, liked or otherwise on this forum, I pay at least that sum every month for a VPN service solely to access this site so I more than pay my way; I always said, and i will say it again, I am more than happy to contribute and indeed more than the annual £5 if, and only if, the hosting worldwide is turned back on.

21 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

One day Dolly, one day again, hopefully soon. Who knows. Ask Tom.

14 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Well, sorry bud but in order for me to make my contributions, liked or otherwise on this forum, I pay at least that sum every month for a VPN service solely to access this site so I more than pay my way; I always said, and i will say it again, I am more than happy to contribute and indeed more than the annual £5 if, and only if, the hosting worldwide is turned back on.

Hi Hav. I am sure you know me well enough on here to know I am not having a go at you personally, I do know the costs of VPN's I use one in the UK as well for ummm.... security reasons of course. :) 

If you are looking to change your provider any time soon though, I can recommend a very good one that costs a lot less than NORD on their two year plan. 

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Hi Hav. I am sure you know me well enough on here to know I am not having a go at you personally, I do know the costs of VPN's I use one in the UK as well for ummm.... security reasons of course. :) 

If you are looking to change your provider any time soon though, I can recommend a very good one that costs a lot less than NORD on their two year plan. 

You can get VPN’s very cheap.

25 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Hang on a second Tom, you block people in certain countries because you wish to protect data yet with a VPN you can bypass that 'fire wall' in a jiffy. So if anyone wanted to be malicious they could be easily assuming you are talking about accessing all of our posts. If you are talking hacking the forum they can do that quite easily, as I said, with a VPN. But why would they?

I have never known a forum blocking themselves from the very essence of its purpose; to reach the football fan worldwide simply because it is a complete waste of time.

What part of it is ran by Clik, who are not a hosting company and purely are still hosting it as they have done for many many years, and they are a company lose 66% of what it costs a year, did you not understand. 

Clik corporate policy is not to open their firewall to certain areas of the world, surely you can see that has benefits regardless? If they wanted to hack it they wouldn’t be running it through a £5 a month VPN to bypass cliks firewall policy.

Personally I’d ban you if I was Tom With a comment like that, so what if you have to use a VPN to access it and if your paying £5 a month for a VPN your being taken for a Ride anyway.

How are you paying more than your way? Your not paying a single penny. 

What should Tom do, get Clik to pull all funding as your not happy, then let the supporters trust pick up the bill, then not afford it and close the forum?

Idiot. 

23 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Agree with the comments above

This post is bang out of order and at least you should apologize for your perceived tone, that is not only offensive but in ill taste.

Do you really expect Clik to change their firewalls etc just to suit you in Turkey?

On 03/08/2020 at 21:12, S25loyal said:

What part of it is ran by Clik, who are not a hosting company and purely are still hosting it as they have done for many many years, and they are a company lose 66% of what it costs a year, did you not understand. 

Clik corporate policy is not to open their firewall to certain areas of the world, surely you can see that has benefits regardless? If they wanted to hack it they wouldn’t be running it through a £5 a month VPN to bypass cliks firewall policy.

Personally I’d ban you if I was Tom With a comment like that, so what if you have to use a VPN to access it and if your paying £5 a month for a VPN your being taken for a Ride anyway.

How are you paying more than your way? Your not paying a single penny. 

What should Tom do, get Clik to pull all funding as your not happy, then let the supporters trust pick up the bill, then not afford it and close the forum?

Idiot. 

Instead of throwing insults my way, which I will ignore, let's go back to the point. The point I was at least trying to make was that a forum, in my opinion, should stand on its own and not be hosted or paid for by a third party, if that is the correct term. 

In other words OTIB.co.uk should not clearly hold itself back by firewalling tens of thousands of its supporter base. That is what i said above and I repeat that; its nothing personal its just not, in my humble opinion, good business.

Hosting a site, albeit with a huge weight on its shoulders due to the input daily, can be done cost effectively. I, for one, would far rather pay money into OTIB than to a VPN. I would happily pay significantly more.

I repeat that I think it is small minded not to at the very least open that discussion. 

If you still get ants in your pants over my views then more the pity to you; everything i say on this subject is said for the good and well being of OTIB and sometimes criticism is needed for that. 

On 04/08/2020 at 19:59, Down Town said:

Agree with the comments above

This post is bang out of order and at least you should apologize for your perceived tone, that is not only offensive but in ill taste. - Your perception of an ill tone is not grounds for me to apologise.

Do you really expect Clik to change their firewalls etc just to suit you in Turkey? - I am not in Turkey. But no I do not.

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

Instead of throwing insults my way, which I will ignore, let's go back to the point. The point I was at least trying to make was that a forum, in my opinion, should stand on its own and not be hosted or paid for by a third party, if that is the correct term. 

In other words OTIB.co.uk should not clearly hold itself back by firewalling tens of thousands of its supporter base. That is what i said above and I repeat that; its nothing personal its just not, in my humble opinion, good business.

Hosting a site, albeit with a huge weight on its shoulders due to the input daily, can be done cost effectively. I, for one, would far rather pay money into OTIB than to a VPN. I would happily pay significantly more.

I repeat that I think it is small minded not to at the very least open that discussion. 

If you still get ants in your pants over my views then more the pity to you; everything i say on this subject is said for the good and well being of OTIB and sometimes criticism is needed for that. 

If you think you post that without being called an idiot you are in dreamland.

I honestly don’t see how you think your view is a good one, so you want Clik to no longer support the forum and for the trust to pay 60% more on the hosting fees? Just so you don’t have to pay a VPN? I bet the 60% increase is more than your exceedingly expensive VPN you are paying.

You clearly are clueless. 

Sorry I am unable to continue this discussion as your command of English is so poor; the only bits I truly can follow are your continued childish insults. I suggest you go and do something more fun with your life. How old are you? I shall not be responding again so feel free to let rip.

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

Sorry I am unable to continue this discussion as your command of English is so poor; the only bits I truly can follow are your continued childish insults. I suggest you go and do something more fun with your life. How old are you? I shall not be responding again so feel free to let rip.

Which part of that is too poor it is unable to be read? I would love to know. 

I am 35, how about you? 

I’ll ask you again, do you feel Clik should tell the supporters trust to find new hosts and the supporters trust pay 60% more, just so you don’t need to use a vpn? 

You haven’t said anything productive, there isn’t 10k + people abroad waiting to get onto this site and can’t, I honestly cannot understand your point.

If you still can not grasp my English, I am fairly fluent in Spanish if you are in Havana and can speak it, would that help?

15 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Well the decision has clearly been made, you are the only person with an issue, surely that answers your question 

After your comments at the start of this thread I'm amazed you are so precious about my comments 

Archived