IGNORED

What request/s will Bristol City make for this coming season?

City normally request not to be at home on baloon fiesta weekend,so that won't happen this season.

Being at home at the same time as the other lot,goes without question

Boxing day is on a saturday(but their ain't no trains)New years day is on a saturday(and their will be trains).

Would like to be at home on Boxing day,and at home on 8/9 may for the last match of the season

With Middlesbrough or hull to start the season on 12 september or 11 or 13 or 14.

Lets hope we can get in the grounds before too long,although I think away travel will have to wait a little big longer

41 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

City normally request not to be at home on baloon fiesta weekend,so that won't happen this season.

Being at home at the same time as the other lot,goes without question

Boxing day is on a saturday(but their ain't no trains)New years day is on a saturday(and their will be trains).

Would like to be at home on Boxing day,and at home on 8/9 may for the last match of the season

With Middlesbrough or hull to start the season on 12 september or 11 or 13 or 14.

Lets hope we can get in the grounds before too long,although I think away travel will have to wait a little big longer

Boxing Day is the best home fixture for me but then I guess most fans of other clubs want the same. 
It could be tho that we still won’t be allowed in - unless there is a vaccine before then and that’s unlikely 

Would be nice if the FA decided to schedule the longer trips at the start of the season in the hope that when (if) fans are back later in the year there’s less travelling to be done. That’s probably a bit forward thinking for the FA though

This is more complex than I had realised. 

When scheduling our fixtures (I.e when we are home and when away) do the Rugby fixtures get taken into account (or vice Versa). 

Cant remember but were there times last season when we and the Bears were both home on the same weekend?

13 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Doesn't matter with no fans currently allowed in stadia 

That has been the situation at the Memorial for the past seven years though...?

I've always thought that no matter what the fixture computer throws out the boxing day game should always be a local derby or a game you can get to easy (like reading) and you shouldn't have to travel to say Middlesbrough. 

But there isn't really an issue with policing (for now) with regards to the other lot but I imagine we would get priority if it was covered by sky. Most rugby games are on a Sunday so we don't come across that issue much but I believe City have priority as when City played wolves in the FA Cup (which was selected for TV) the bears moved the wasps game. 

7 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Doesn't matter with no fans currently allowed in stadia 

Doesn`t matter nowadays even if fans were allowed in. @JulieH has said on several occasions that there is no problem with us and the blue few being at home on the same day unless the opposition dictate otherwise. If we were playing Rotherham and them Accrington no problem but if it was us v Cardiff and them v Pompey then it wouldn`t be allowed.

It is correct that it does depend upon the opposition for both Bristol teams to play home on the same day. In general we request that they don’t  before the fixtures are scheduled. However some have been and as they were low risk games anyway were played as scheduled.

We have previously had to put a policing operation into the city centre area and this is obviously a drain on front line resources and therefore if these clashes can be avoided then this tends to happen with the consent of both clubs.

19 hours ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

I've always thought that no matter what the fixture computer throws out the boxing day game should always be a local derby or a game you can get to easy (like reading) and you shouldn't have to travel to say Middlesbrough. 

But there isn't really an issue with policing (for now) with regards to the other lot but I imagine we would get priority if it was covered by sky. Most rugby games are on a Sunday so we don't come across that issue much but I believe City have priority as when City played wolves in the FA Cup (which was selected for TV) the bears moved the wasps game. 

Just curious but when we were in the same division why was there never a Boxing Day Bristol derby?

I don’t believe that those who schedule fixtures take any account of the supporters at all. In the past we’ve had fixtures such as Middlesbrough and Norwich away mid week. The only exception is the balloon festival 

• Admin
On 03/08/2020 at 09:00, Never to the dark side said:

Under normal circumstances this would make sense, but I wonder if clubs will prefer shorter trips due to having additional transport for teams etc.

4 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I don’t believe that those who schedule fixtures take any account of the supporters at all. In the past we’ve had fixtures such as Middlesbrough and Norwich away mid week. 

The clubs actually request fixtures this way around

Mark

Correct me if I am wrong,but I think the whole of the EFL voted on long distance for away games during mid week.

That suited the third and fourth tier,but that does not suit Championship clubs in my opinion who have larger away followings

Away City followers last season didn't do badly, in the orgional published fixture list we only had one fly in the ointment

Huddersfield Town away.

I say same again next season,please.

Hopefuly we will be able to attend away games soon.

Archived