IGNORED

Playoff Final tomorrow

CyderInACan

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/championship-play-off-final-how-much-money-worth-brentford-fulham-a9651111.html

Crazy sums - £160m going up to  potential £265m if you manage to stay in the prem after your first season. 

Must say I think Brentford have looked good and could well be the team to go up, it should be a good game though between two decent teams. 

From a City point of view I would prefer Fulham to go up as that would be them & Leeds out of the division, and with Villa staying up too - 3 big clubs (and a chance for other teams for appear on Sky!)

Althought it would be nice for Brentford to go up as they deserve it - but if they dont their squad will get ripped apart so hopefully weaker for next season! 

42 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I've tipped Brentford to go up for most of the season and think they will beat Fulham tomorrow.  In reality, I don't mind which of them gets the win.

If Brentford do go up, that exclusive club to which we belong, as never being in the Premier league, becomes even more exclusive?

3 hours ago, !james said:

From a City point of view I would prefer Fulham to go up as that would be them & Leeds out of the division, and with Villa staying up too - 3 big clubs (and a chance for other teams for appear on Sky!)

Althought it would be nice for Brentford to go up as they deserve it - but if they dont their squad will get ripped apart so hopefully weaker for next season! 

Fulham are similar size to us. Not a patch on Leeds or Villa

4 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/championship-play-off-final-how-much-money-worth-brentford-fulham-a9651111.html

Crazy sums - £160m going up to  potential £265m if you manage to stay in the prem after your first season. 

Must say I think Brentford have looked good and could well be the team to go up, it should be a good game though between two decent teams. 

Total gamechanger for Brentford if they win...and possibly if they lose...

18 hours ago, !james said:

This. Fulham going up stops another new club gaining the benefits, so is probably best for us, but as a neutral, I'd like Brentford to gatecrash the Premier League. 

37 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Fulham are a much bigger club than us I’m afraid.  

Just stating your opinion is hardly making a point. Do you expect me to fall at your feet in wonder at your footballing wisdom??

Fulham are absolutely comparable to us. Very similar support, history of being in all 4 divisions. Rich owner who has let his son have control of the club to questionable effect. Both had Alan Dicks and Roy Hodgson as managers with differing success.

Their more knowledgeable supporters know we're of similar size. 

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

Just stating your opinion is hardly making a point. Do you expect me to fall at your feet in wonder at your footballing wisdom??

Fulham are absolutely comparable to us. Very similar support, history of being in all 4 divisions. Rich owner who has let his son have control of the club to questionable effect. Both had Alan Dicks and Roy Hodgson as managers with differing success.

Their more knowledgeable supporters know we're of similar size. 

We’re nowhere near Fulham in terms of size. They’ve had twice as many years in the first division, recently played European football (reaching the UEFA Cup final), 30 less years in league 1/2, plus bar the last couple of years they’ve had much better attendances despite being on the doorstep of one of the biggest clubs in the world. They aren’t on the level of Leeds or Villa but they’re certainly a level above us size wise

Archived