Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

I'd have him back. One of my favourite players to watch play. He's been kicking around at a poor standard for a couple of years now so may well have regressed badly, but on talent alone he's still one of the best players I've seen at City.

For a cut priced contract (he has a very weak negotiating position as a free agent) we could do a LOT worse. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 2
1 minute ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Palmer is our new JET

Sorry to burst your bubble, might not be KP’s fault but when he got his chance he was usually found wanting! Jet on the other hand - was like Flash Gordon with a stutter

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

Have we gone back in time? What is wrong with our fan base? I’m all for sentiment, but people actually think he should rejoin to play?!.... 

People really are desperate for news.....

However much people liked him I can't believe even his biggest fans want him back now.

He's been playing in Thailand! No one wants him.

7 minutes ago, Swede said:

If Wells gets a penalty in the final minute of a match it would be worth just to see JET coming on just to take the penalty with that fabulous routine!

and JET’s 6 months younger

3 minutes ago, Swede said:

I think he was a success here and is much revered and rightly so.

He was a success as much as he was a failure to watch.  Someone with so much skill and technical ability, that in those moments could have played at levels of the game we'll probably never get to, to being the most frustrating player to watch that made you think he was lazy and let himself down. 

I can't remember another player who left us that I felt so gutted about....maybe Murray when he left for Reading. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Swede said:

If Wells gets a penalty in the final minute of a match it would be worth just to see JET coming on just to take the penalty with that fabulous routine!

If its in the final minute of the match, then the ref would've blown and the players would've had their showers by the time JET finished his run up.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

33 goals / assists in 2013/14 in the equivalent of 49 full games. 4401 minutes.

20 goals / assists in 2014/15 in 22 full games. 1941 minutes.

WTF are you on about?

Whilst those stats tell you a lot, they don't paint the full picture about how frustrating a player he was. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Brilliant player, should never have left. For all the criticism look at his output in goals and assists - quality.

Not now though unless he wanted about a grand a week

Why discount him? Look at Tomlin @ Cardiff. At least it would be someone who wanted to play here. I think even SL had a grudging liking for him, especially as his presence at the Basketball gave publicity to The Flyers.