IGNORED

JET

Bristolisredd

I'd have him back. One of my favourite players to watch play. He's been kicking around at a poor standard for a couple of years now so may well have regressed badly, but on talent alone he's still one of the best players I've seen at City.

For a cut priced contract (he has a very weak negotiating position as a free agent) we could do a LOT worse. 

What a player. The gifted or identified as being mercurial type player in these days seems to mean unplayable or trouble.

But it's exactly gifted players like him that excites fans and make you want to pay to watch.

People have many different views on so called mavericks like JET, Jacki & Trunds but in my opinion they should be marvelled at when you have the opportunity to see them play for however brief they wear the shirt.

3 minutes ago, Swede said:

I think he was a success here and is much revered and rightly so.

He was a success as much as he was a failure to watch.  Someone with so much skill and technical ability, that in those moments could have played at levels of the game we'll probably never get to, to being the most frustrating player to watch that made you think he was lazy and let himself down. 

I can't remember another player who left us that I felt so gutted about....maybe Murray when he left for Reading. 

11 minutes ago, Swede said:

If Wells gets a penalty in the final minute of a match it would be worth just to see JET coming on just to take the penalty with that fabulous routine!

If its in the final minute of the match, then the ref would've blown and the players would've had their showers by the time JET finished his run up.

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

33 goals / assists in 2013/14 in the equivalent of 49 full games. 4401 minutes.

20 goals / assists in 2014/15 in 22 full games. 1941 minutes.

WTF are you on about?

Whilst those stats tell you a lot, they don't paint the full picture about how frustrating a player he was. 

10 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Brilliant player, should never have left. For all the criticism look at his output in goals and assists - quality.

Not now though unless he wanted about a grand a week

Why discount him? Look at Tomlin @ Cardiff. At least it would be someone who wanted to play here. I think even SL had a grudging liking for him, especially as his presence at the Basketball gave publicity to The Flyers.

15 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Seems another who has reached enough maturity to realise what he could have been if he wasn’t distracted by music etc. Maybe he should have put a bit more effort in at the time. Too late for us now Jay, thanks for the memories but we’ve long moved on and he should too. 

It hasn't gone well for him since leaving. However, we currently have two strikers (Fam and Wells) and one of those seems likely to leave. Granted we have other options in Weimann and Watkins but both seem better suited to other positions. 

I would offer him a trial and see what happens. JET isn't going to be a starting striker for us but could be a useful squad player if he still has the talent he showed for us first time around. His biggest asset was the ability to shoot from range, something we have seriously lacked this season. 

Free agent, 29 years old. Could be a very cheap contract as he has stated he would love to come back. 

So far we have lost two strikers in Taylor and Afobe. Potentially a third leaving (Fam), numbers are going to be key this season and we aren't going to have much spending power unless players are sold. 

If he performs well during the trial and is given a cheap contract, we have another option from the bench and allows us to spend any money raised from the potential sells of Fam and Elliason on key areas (Centre mid, Right back, back up striker etc). 

If the trial doesn't go well then we shake hands (or bump elbows, whatever we currently do because of Covid) and go our separate ways. I was disappointed to lose him the first time around, thought he would have been a good option for us in the first season back in the championship. 

Other option could be Chris Martin on a free but he would be on hefty wages. Or I would be interested to see Szmodics move up top as he played a similar role during his time at Peterborough. 

Archived