IGNORED

JET

Bristolisredd

3 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Why discount him? Look at Tomlin @ Cardiff. At least it would be someone who wanted to play here. I think even SL had a grudging liking for him, especially as his presence at the Basketball gave publicity to The Flyers.

Good point regarding the comparison with Tomlin. Sticks in the throat a bit to admit it, but he’s turned one or two games for them in a moment and is one of the results they scraped into the playoffs.

If he was up to standard to play in the championship then maybe a trial. But let’s take off the rose tinted glasses. Since leaving us he has gone on to do nothing. Had a chance after us with QPR and got loaned out to MK dons and Gillingham. Then ended up in Asia or somewhere. 

On his day he was fantastic but Cotts mainly only used him as sub. 

But I’m more interested in who he is alluding to be announced?

25 minutes ago, Swede said:

What a player. The gifted or identified as being mercurial type player in these days seems to mean unplayable or trouble.

But it's exactly gifted players like him that excites fans and make you want to pay to watch.

People have many different views on so called mavericks like JET, Jacki & Trunds but in my opinion they should be marvelled at when you have the opportunity to see them play for however brief they wear the shirt.

Totally agree.

Could really score a goal as well, happily watch his strike away at Tamworth in the FA Cup over and over again.

24 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

However much people liked him I can't believe even his biggest fans want him back now.

He's been playing in Thailand! No one wants him.

Probably a higher standard than you'd expect, but not by much. He certainly didn't seem to tear it up here. 

I don’t think there’s a player whose signing would excite me more. However, and it pains me so much to say it, he couldn’t get in the team. 

He is a Bristol City legend in my eyes. Probably the most exciting player in... forever. Whenever he got the ball you just knew he’d do something that would justify the ticket price and boy could LJ have done with that in his team!

But, as I alluded to, JET’s championship minutes for the rest of his career will be the same as mine. 

55 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

Interestingly, Mick McCarthy once said of JET "One day he looks like a world beater, the next day a panel beater".  I always liked that quote. Doubtful we'll see JET back anytime soon. 

Surprised to see you post after the "Hughton is a done deal, will be announced Monday morning" stuff you were posting over the weekend.

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I don’t think there’s a player whose signing would excite me more. However, and it pains me so much to say it, he couldn’t get in the team. 

He is a Bristol City legend in my eyes. Probably the most exciting player in... forever. Whenever he got the ball you just knew he’d do something that would justify the ticket price and boy could LJ have done with that in his team!

But, as I alluded to, JET’s championship minutes for the rest of his career will be the same as mine. 

Yeah probably more chance of sticking JET in the manager thread tbh

10 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

There’s a reason why one has forged himself a career at championship/league one level and the other couldn’t get a contract at Cheltenham...

Ah yes let's disregard 9 years of JET's career at "Championship/League One level" because of one failed trial.

Especially when comparing it with Marley Watkins' *checks notes* 5 seasons in his career at said level.

Absolute idiot.

47 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

33 goals / assists in 2013/14 in the equivalent of 49 full games. 4401 minutes.

20 goals / assists in 2014/15 in 22 full games. 1941 minutes.

WTF are you on about?

What league were we playing in at the time? The idea that he could do a job at the top end of the championship is hilarious.

And btw the reason fewer games in 14/15 was because he was being kept out of the team by Agard, Matt Smith and others. So wasn’t only me that felt he wasn’t up to it then either!

15 minutes ago, JollyestOli said:

Ah yes let's disregard 9 years of JET's career at "Championship/League One level" because of one failed trial.

Especially when comparing it with Marley Watkins' *checks notes* 5 seasons in his career at said level.

Absolute idiot.

JET had 9 years at this level, fair point. Main issue is he hasn’t played at this level for 4 years, has spent time in Thailand and failed to get a contract at Cheltenham. 

A much more talented player than Marley but his lack of work ethic and desire is why he’s currently a free agent whilst Marley is playing championship football. 

No need for your last sentence, just because you have a differing opinion, doesn’t make either of us an ‘absolute idiot’ 

Archived