IGNORED

JET

Bristolisredd

Makes me laugh all these people saying that our club has no ambition of getting to the premier league but then say they want to bring JET back to the club!

No disrespect to JET as he did great stuff for us in league 1 and scored that amazing goal against Rovers.

But really? Are the people on Twitter just kissing his ass or do they really want him back?   

Just now, Kid on a diet said:

Makes me laugh all these people saying that our club has no ambition of getting to the premier league but then say they want to bring JET back to the club!

No disrespect to JET as he did great stuff for us in league 1 and scored that amazing goal against Rovers.

But really? Are the people on Twitter just kissing his ass or do they really want him back?   

Being honest, lots of it is just nostalgia. Lots of us loved watching him play and deep down we know that given the standard he's played at for the last few years, combined with his historical lack of application, the chances of him coming in and hitting the ground running are fairly slim.

Then again, he has more footballing talent than anyone else in our squad even now. Inevitably a part of me thinks a low risk trial to see whether he's still got it is a good idea!

1 hour ago, Swede said:

What a player. The gifted or identified as being mercurial type player in these days seems to mean unplayable or trouble.

But it's exactly gifted players like him that excites fans and make you want to pay to watch.

People have many different views on so called mavericks like JET, Jacki & Trunds but in my opinion they should be marvelled at when you have the opportunity to see them play for however brief they wear the shirt.

Trundle had zero end product. Lots of prancing around (very slowly) but bar one game, achieved very little for us. Swansea must have laughed their arses off when we bought him.

Jacki and JET, on the other hand, could do it - but only when they could be arsed.

I think @JonDolmannailed it in the head, and something I’ve said before...his body was not built for the demands of Championship football.

He was quite an odd shape, his shoulders resembled an American Football player with his shoulder pads on!!

I could imagine he’d have to spend all week trying to keep in shape, but be knackered on match day as a result.

Lovely left foot, good stride pattern to create that half a yard.  Glad I got to see him play in 13/14 and 14/15...and during that great season, he didn’t kick off through lack of game time.  I think it suited him.

Just now, Davefevs said:

I think @JonDolmannailed it in the head, and something I’ve said before...his body was not built for the demands of Championship football.

He was quite an odd shape, his shoulders resembled an American Football player with his shoulder pads on!!

I could imagine he’d have to spend all week trying to keep in shape, but be knackered on match day as a result.

Lovely left foot, good stride pattern to create that half a yard.  Glad I got to see him play in 13/14 and 14/15...and during that great season, he didn’t kick off through lack of game time.  I think it suited him.

To be fair, I’m not sure his body is that dissimilar to Traore at wolves. The main difference I suppose being one has honed it better than the other. 

Can’t remember what game it was during the 14/15 season but I think it was during the spell Wilb’s was injured and jet started a few games . The opposition defence were absolutely petrified of him. Constantly waltzing into the box and walked the ball in the net . Can just remember laughing as the defence just kept  backing off . Amazing natural talent and cotts probably got the best out of him

I loved him when he was here, a player that, when he got the ball on the half way line you genuinely didn`t have a clue whether he was going to give it away and we`d let in a goal or he was going to waltz through half their team and bang one in the top corner. I can still see that goal from the free kick v Port Vale in my mind to this day. He was such a likeable bloke too that the rest of the team were happy to put in a bit extra to carry him unlike Tomlin.

However, we saw the absolute best of his career (and I count myself lucky that I did) and he is no doubt a shadow of his former self now. One thing I would like to know if it was true or not is the story about when we played Dagenham & Redbridge in the cup and we were 2-1 up. JET was loitering on the touchline in the Atyeo/Williams corner when someone supposedly shouted `score us another mate, I`ve got a bet on 3-1` whereupon he grinned and when the ball came to him, cut inside and popped it in the opposite corner.

How about trying for A Cider With........ @Shtanley?

What have we got to lose from offering JET a trial if he really is that keen to play for us?

He’s the kind of player who could turn a match with just one move. He’s certainly the most exciting player that we have had in the last 20 years.

And as we are going to have 5 replacements next season, it’s going to be more like American Football, where you can almost pick a bench with a couple of “special” players, when the need arises. Could JET be one of those? No idea, and neither does anyone else unless you give him a go. He certainly has more natural talent than most players at Championship level and he’s only 29. 

4 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

What have we got to lose from offering JET a trial if he really is that keen to play for us?

He’s the kind of player who could turn a match with just one move. He’s certainly the most exciting player that we have had in the last 20 years.

And as we are going to have 5 replacements next season, it’s going to be more like American Football, where you can almost pick a bench with a couple of “special” players, when the need arises. Could JET be one of those? No idea, and neither does anyone else unless you give him a go. He certainly has more natural talent than most players at Championship level and he’s only 29. 

He failed a trial at Cheltenham mate. 

I liked JET when he played for us but would I want him back, hell no, he isn't anywhere near the level we require these days. He has nothing to offer the club and we need to stop clinging to nostalgia and past players and move the club forward.

If you had not followed his career, after watching a 5 minute YouTube video of his highlights you'd have thought he'd be playing week in week out in the prem. Unfortunately as many have alluded to he never produced that consistently. 

Having said that I very much look back on his time here with rose tinted specs. If the budget is tight this year post Covid and Fammy gets sold, leaving us with Wells, Weimann and Semenyo, I'd much rather have JET as our 4th choice forward than Watkins for example. But really depends quite how badly our finances have been affected and what budget we are working with this summer. 

He’s obviously not coming back here - despite unbelievable natural ability he was as lazy as they come and had no interest in putting in the hard work. 

One about 4 or 5 City players who genuinely got me off my seat when he got the ball. Scored some outrageous goals - many long rangers but could also walk by players too. In fact most of his football was played at walking pace - that’s how lazy he was yet still class. I’ve no doubt if he was willing to work hard he would be a top player but he’s got no interest so that’s why he just fell away. 

2 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

I don't think we should sign him, but watching this makes me think we should give him a 50 year contract, make him Mayor of the city and let him take his pick from any of our wives/girlfriends.

A family member of mine went out with him a few times, he never mentioned football to her once.

Archived