IGNORED

JET

Bristolisredd

3 hours ago, Atticus said:

Personally Id be delighted to have him back. I am one that fully believes if he is motivated he would be a great player to have. Plus he is only 29.

I think he lost his way for a while. I also think his best time as a footballer was with us. If anyone can bring the best out of him, it is us imo, clearly he wants to come back, and following him, I dunno, I feel like he maybe aware that its last chance saloon coming up. Maybe he is that motivated guy now?

Smacks a bit of ‘ Lee Tomlin ‘ last season for Cardiff. 

He seemed , suddenly, to have woken up to the fact that despite his wealth and undoubted skill he had no trophies to show for it . ( AFAIK ) 

I know it was Lg 1 but he was a great player for us, some of those shots & finishes were pure class plus he seemed to love it here.

Why couldn’t he keep it up or repeat the form elsewhere? I actually enjoy seeing how players go on to develop after city. So it was a shame to see JET not kick on at another club.

Nostalgically, if he’s fit enough & in the right space could he be a back up forward, coming on at the end of games to provide that bit of skill?  Probably not, but it’s a nice thought though.

I loved JET.

However I don’t get the fixation by some on here to get old players back.

i think it’s a bit sad JET wanting to come back too - it’s like wanting to get back together with an old girlfriend who’s with someone else.  Perhaps he realises that he’s wasted an enormous talent.

We’ve moved on and improved considerably since his days.

Thanks for the memories though.

Does anyone who goes to places like Thailand ever come back and play at any standard again. I think as he’s touting himself to us so desperately that we paid him too well and he wants a quick buck before he buggers off again to do music.

Leave the past in the past is usually sensible, especially on this one.

Just posted on another thread about not getting sentimental over older players who have done well for us in the past.  I would be ecstatic to see JET back and fully fit but being honest it’s not going to happen.  Without doubt he would impress on a trial but away to Preston or Middlesbrough on a cold wet Tuesday November night ? I’m not so sure.

Does anyone know if it’s just us or has he perhaps also said similar things about QPR, Donny, Ipswich etc

Archived