Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Haha. A fully grown man has paid £20.75 for Filip to say that? Blimey, what a wasted opportunity. He could have something that was actually funny or witty. £20.75 to a good cause though!

Filip is a top player. Would be great to have him back next season. We can hope at least, anyway.

Fair play the Sagheads know a player who played about 5 games for us on loan, if one of their players walked past me who played 300 games I wouldn't have a clue who he is 🤣

Another moment that will go down as a great moment for that club..

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Bristolisredd said:

What an idiot .... 

he knows what a wet wipe means and for him to say lansdown is one ( coincidently the chairman of his previous club was called lansdown) is just unprofessional . 

yes it’s for charity but he should’ve said no to the request . 

Why the **** would anyone foreign know what a wet wipe is? Not even Americans know what that means and they speak the same language as us. 

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, James54De said:

Why the **** would anyone foreign know what a wet wipe is? Not even Americans know what that means and they speak the same language as us. 

ofc he knows what it is .... 

even if he didn’t ..., surely he should’ve asked someone because he was referring to lansdown 

and as for Gas .... he must’ve heard that saying in the last 6 months and knew it was about rovers 

5 minutes ago, Bristolisredd said:

even if he didn’t ..., surely he should’ve asked someone because he was referring to lansdown 

and as for Gas .... he must’ve heard that saying in the last 6 months and knew it was about rovers 

Oh **** off. Wet wipe is a British colloquial term. No one out side of Britain would have any idea what it means. 
He’s been pranked, it’s no different to when Garita retweeted something about Darrell Clarke Walking off dogs. 

Edited by James54De
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, James54De said:

Oh **** off. Wet wipe is a British colloquial term. No one out side of Britain would have any idea what it means. 
He’s been pranked, it’s no different to when Garita retweeted something about Darrell Clarke Walking off dogs. 

stop crying about it 

Just now, Bristolisredd said:

Yeah I think they cover 'the use of wet wipe in English conversation' during topic 561 subsection 3.1 of the teaching English as a foreign language qualification.

You can't be serious 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Bristolisredd said:

stop crying about it 

You and a few others are the ones crying about it. Being labelled as "pathetic", "stupid" etc. Perhaps it is just someone being pranked because they are not fully aware of the intricacies of their second language.

Just now, James54De said:

You and a few others are the ones crying about it. Being labelled as "pathetic", "stupid" etc. Perhaps it is just someone being pranked because they are not fully aware of the intricacies of their second language.

Stop crying about it 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Anyone considered he may have cleared it with the club and lansdown etc as it’s for charity and they simply don’t care, £20 to charity for something no ones going to care about tomorrow

10 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Anyone considered he may have cleared it with the club and lansdown etc as it’s for charity and they simply don’t care, £20 to charity for something no ones going to care about tomorrow

Seems very convoluted and unlikely 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Seems very convoluted and unlikely 

I agree imagine..

Hi Mr Billionaire chairman, It's Filip the lad from Leicester you've just had on loan. Can I call you a wet wipe for 20 quid? There's a charity I'm supporting and I've cleared it with LJ and he's cool with me taking the piss out of him too.

It does baffle me that people think of scenarios that are way more complex than just he got stitched up by a rovers fan and didn't know what he was saying.

13 hours ago, Ron Swanson said:

Fair play the Sagheads know a player who played about 5 games for us on loan, if one of their players walked past me who played 300 games I wouldn't have a clue who he is 🤣

Another moment that will go down as a great moment for that club..

My mum works in a Tesco in town. She has messaged me a couple of times saying she has served rovers players. I hadn't heard of any of them! One didn't even have a wiki page 😄