IGNORED

WBA CEO Mark Jenkins retires

lost black rat

3 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Just being hypothetical, but just imagine the outcry if we employ DH because we can’t get anyone else to agree to work under Mark Ashton, who then buggers off to the Baggies!

I was thinking that too…

I'd be quite happy if it did happen though…

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I was thinking that too…

I'd be quite happy if it did happen though…

I’ve got a suspicion that apart from the very good business he’s done on player sales, in other areas, he could be having a very negative effect on the club, not least if he’s behind this recruitment fiasco.

Just now, BrizzleRed said:

I’ve got a suspicion that apart from the very good business he’s done on player sales, in other areas, he could be having a very negative effect on the club, not least if he’s behind this recruitment fiasco.

Possibly, I read that Watford article again the other day. That doesn't paint him in a good light.

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Possibly, I read that Watford article again the other day. That doesn't paint him in a good light.

I’m not even sure I get the argument about good player trading.  
mat best he’s 50% good at that. A fair weather recruiter.... he’s never done it in winter.... how many times could we have got the job done with good January recruitment? 

17 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Yes, that’s an interesting article and doesn’t sound like he won any friends at Watford.  

Very telling accusation that he had too much influence at Watford and there are some uncomfortable similarities with what seems to be going on here.  

Thoughts about cuckoo’s spring to mind!

On 04/08/2020 at 22:00, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, Ashton was a Director at West Brom for 14 years ...

I’m a Director....I think Ashton was involved in the Community Scheme....I don’t think it was in a senior position like he is now.  Happy to be corrected.

On 04/08/2020 at 22:00, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, Ashton was a Director at West Brom for 14 years ...

Was he ever a director ?

He was a player, then returned as a coach, then did a variety of jobs, but was he a director ? Npt sure tbh.

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Was he ever a director ?

He was a player, then returned as a coach, then did a variety of jobs, but was he a director ? Npt sure tbh.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

32 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I think “Director” as stated in his Linked in profile, might be creative license.  Sounds like the type of person who got a graduate placement (I know he wasn’t a graduate) going round different departments every 6-9 months.

Finally, what’s the best lesson you’ve learnt that you’d stress to others in the industry?

The best education I’ve had is you’ll get some decisions right, you’ll get some decisions wrong. And hopefully you get more right than wrong, but the key is to have good people working with you who will challenge you every day and are totally committed to the cause. When we had a ten game losing streak two and half years ago, we didn’t sack Lee Johnson because we believed we’d come through it stronger and from that point on we’ve consistently got better.

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

@Davefevs @bcfc01 @cidercity1987 according to Mark Ashton’s LinkedIn profile he was a director at WBA from 1990 to 2004, just before he was CEO at Watford - he’s probably embellished that then, like spicing up yer CV!

Exactly. You don’t become a director of a football club in your early 20s unless you’re the owners son ???

Archived