IGNORED

Drinking within sight of the pitch

Bristol Rob

I'm surprised they're even talking about alcohol at sporting events or refreshment outlets at sporting events full stop given these times.

Should ask the OP, article or similar to link to? 

Also, was this referring to when fans can return in larger numbers or just the initial return under Pandemic conditions? Wasn't altogether clear!

On 04/08/2020 at 12:07, Midlands Robin said:

Regarding the Egg Chasing fan experience, keep in mind that Rugby is much more "stop / start" than Footy. The pace of the game means that more often than not you can leave your seat, have a pee, buy a drink and get back without missing too much. In football, you couldn't really do that too often without missing something. 

The big worry for me with drinking in the stands would be the number of people who would launch their pints in the air every time we score. It started being a thing during the World Cup coverage with each fanzone appearing on TV trying to launch the most ale. 

Getting drenched in a shower of Butcombe or Thatchers would not be ideal. 

Other than getting showered in drink, I don't think there'd be too many problems. If anything it could slow down the amount people drink because there would be less need to pack them in before going to your seat. 

Even more ironically, if we switched to rail seating it could make access I'm and out of the stands more easy and cause less disruption. 

For high risk games the ban could be re-applied if there were any concerns.

I can’t imagine it will be allowed to happen. Chucking pints into the air that someone has sipped surely is a certain way to spread Covid? Never mind the logistics of  people passing each-other more often during the game.

IF it does happen there should be dedicated blocks in each stand for the people who want to disrupt others by getting drinks throughout the match. Impossible I know now with ST holders everywhere.

i dont know why people bother guzzling pints at football,theyd be better off spending the afternoon in the pub. im all for people enjoying a sociable pint or 3 before the match but if they cant go 90 mins without another perhaps time would be better spent at AA. just my opinion and know im minority but i do enjoy going somewhere without booze,its not everyones cup of tea

If it`s allowed I want the option of a non-drinking area for me to move my ST to. The prospect of being showered with warm cider when we score doesn`t fill me with enthusiasm and I don`t much fancy a two hour drive home stinking of stale booze.

As others have said, if you can`t go 45 minutes without a drink you need to have a look at yourself.

Archived