IGNORED

Robins TV season ticket for 2020/21?

Suffolk Red

With the speculation that crowds are going to be kept out of Stadiums or limited to 30% capacity at best this coming season, surely football clubs should be considering season tickets for their own TV channels like Robins TV. Speaking as a fan in exile in Suffolk, it's been great to tune in to regular live matches and surely there would be a significant number of people in my position who would be willing to pay £200 -£300 per season depending on away game coverage also. That could bring in significant revenue to the clubs at a time when you won't be allowed bums on seats.

Surely in an age when many people's jobs take them a long way from Bristol in the UK (not just abroad) packages could be sold every season to supporters who say live 100 miles + from Ashton gate. We are just as committed as fans. I get to 7 or 8 away games per season and usually 2 or 3 home games but it would be brilliant to have this kind of coverage available. 

I am not sure how this would sit with Sky coverage long term but surely something could be sorted out for this coming season if not beyond.   

I guess the sticking point is the FA continuing to lift the blackout of the live coverage of 3pm games. If they do then I’m sure this is in the pipeline. 
I’m sure this will happen to create revenue for clubs or there will be many go under

Some difficult decisions for clubs to make this year in this space.

Was easier in some regards last season as was only ever for 9 games. 

This season it's for an undefined number of matches(but could be all 46) and they wont be able to just 'give you it' as part of your season ticket ' given some fans pay well over 500 quid compared to others who pay closer to 300.

One for the intray once the new manager is in place !

1 minute ago, The Humble Realist said:

Some difficult decisions for clubs to make this year in this space.

Was easier in some regards last season as was only ever for 9 games. 

This season it's for an undefined number of matches(but could be all 46) and they wont be able to just 'give you it' as part of your season ticket ' given some fans pay well over 500 quid compared to others who pay closer to 300.

One for the intray once the new manager is in place !

Easy - set up 20000 cameras on tripods and you watch from your exact seat ?

39 minutes ago, Suffolk Red said:

With the speculation that crowds are going to be kept out of Stadiums or limited to 30% capacity at best this coming season, surely football clubs should be considering season tickets for their own TV channels like Robins TV. Speaking as a fan in exile in Suffolk, it's been great to tune in to regular live matches and surely there would be a significant number of people in my position who would be willing to pay £200 -£300 per season depending on away game coverage also. That could bring in significant revenue to the clubs at a time when you won't be allowed bums on seats.

Surely in an age when many people's jobs take them a long way from Bristol in the UK (not just abroad) packages could be sold every season to supporters who say live 100 miles + from Ashton gate. We are just as committed as fans. I get to 7 or 8 away games per season and usually 2 or 3 home games but it would be brilliant to have this kind of coverage available. 

I am not sure how this would sit with Sky coverage long term but surely something could be sorted out for this coming season if not beyond.   

Have been saying this for months.

As you probably know, you can already buy RobinsTV for the season - at a price of £110 in 2018/19 and 2019/20.  All it gets you is access to the coverage. You get no other perks, no discounts, no points, no priority on any ticket, not even a discount on home match tickets.

It won't take much to rebrand that as a virtual ST. They could price it and package it up however they like. Multiple tiers that get you only home games, or home + away games. A tier that gets you higher priority for cup or away game tickets (probably slotting in after "real" ST holders but above members). Online specific perks like a heavier discount in the online shop, but no discount at the ground. All sorts could be in the pipeline.

As for cost, well it has to be less than the cheapest adult ST, which I believe is around £340? Honestly, depending on the perks you get, I'd be happy to pay £200, maybe £250 if we got some serious perks.

I'm in a slightly different situation to you as I live properly overseas, but I accept they probably won't do one virtual ST for UK residents, and one for overseas (although they could if they wanted to).

Archived