IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

If Holden gets the job then SL and JL can wave goodbye to a lot of season tickets aswell as a angry fan base

Waiting a month just to appoint the person who we finished the season with would be an absolute shambles

If bearing Hull and M’boro is enough to get you a job infront of other managers available then **** me I may aswell apply 

Wow, fans not attending games In protest! Can you not spot a slight flaw in that argument?

2 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Wow, fans not attending games In protest! Can you not spot a slight flaw in that argument?

yeah haha...I think it’s more the point in that a lot of fans will be asking for their money back...JL and Tinnion teasing the fans and then appointing Holdens makes us all look like absolute mugs

It just stinks of a recruitment chase gone wrong. First, aiming for Gerrard. Then random names filing in and out of the betting favourites list - the Cowleys, Cook, Hughton and Neil have all had time as favourites.

It seems very much like we went for Gerrard, have been trying to negotiate with a back-up choice, which may now not be working out and so we end up with Holden as the pre-season starts next week.

I actually feel that Holden has a good future in front of him, but this job is a step too far at the moment.

Just now, Cov 77 said:

Again stirring it , these are real fans who would be absolutely gutted , there will be a backlash including size of crowds ( as and when) 

Wouldn't that depend on what happens on the pitch?

People often talk big on here about how they'll pack in over things they don't like, never quite happens like that though.

16 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Sums up why football finances are so screwed. No income from off-field activities for an indeterminate date. No supporters until at least October, but probably a lot longer. No date for fans being allowed back as per normal. It will take time to rebuild off-field activities and for fans to return. We have a lot of contracted players on large contracts. Stadium needs to be maintained, overheads to be paid.

And yet, with a variety of dubious excuses, the Club should pay out money it does not have to hire a manager (And possibly back room staff), all paid for by a Chairman who also has a rugby club to support. He may choose to do that, but right now, an internal appointment is definitely the most sensible option, as summed up by OP. It’s not normal times, so historical precedent counts for nothing.

But what are you trying to achieve? Bankruptcy??

So are every other club with a reasonably highly paid manager or head coach going to be making theirs redundant?  

Having a manager is a necessary expense to be able to exist as a club, so short of telling LJ that we’re really sorry and would he like to come back, then we’ve got to get someone in.

If it all went tits up next season under DH, getting relegated would cost us far more than a new head coach’s salary I’ll bet

Welcome to the op.

Definitely food for fault, just out of curiosity, if holden doesnt sign a contract until the start of the season, he will still be paid as an assistant until then.... with the finances someone like hughton would command, that would save the club tens of thousands in the short term.

25 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

It's not another Tins or Millen moment no. They'd have to be total bonkers to do that again.

Wouldn’t put it past them...imagine choosing a assistant manager who beat Hull and M’boro over a manager with two promotions to the premier league and is interested in the job 

Just now, Finley_Smith10 said:

yeah haha...I think it’s more the point in that a lot of fans will be asking for their money back...JL and Tinnion teasing the fans and then appointing Holdens makes us all look like absolute mugs

Might be what happens anyway. The game changer was probably the delay in trialling fans at sport, plus other noises about no further relaxation of restrictions. There must be doubts about next season even being completed, and I’m sure that SL has worked out that survival is now top priority. If it upsets a few fans, so be it, once normality returns, they will be back at the first whiff of success.

Just now, Chappers said:

Might be what happens anyway. The game changer was probably the delay in trialling fans at sport, plus other noises about no further relaxation of restrictions. There must be doubts about next season even being completed, and I’m sure that SL has worked out that survival is now top priority. If it upsets a few fans, so be it, once normality returns, they will be back at the first whiff of success.

Survival he’s a multi Billionaire, if he’s willing to spend 2m on Engvall a couple years a ago then surely you can spend it on Chris Hughton 

Can you imagine, the one time there seems to be a few decent managers around, and that on the face of it are available and realistic options......and we go and appoint Dean Holden.

It would probably be the most pathetic  and disappointing appointment in my time supporting City.

And as for talk of promotion ambitions.....it would show that talk up for exactly what it is....

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Wouldn't that depend on what happens on the pitch?

People often talk big on here about how they'll pack in over things they don't like, never quite happens like that though.

This will be massive , the feeling over Johnson was extreme , after five weeks this crap , this will happen ,lots of very pissed off fans 

17 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

And a short time after a new poster signs up to OTIB and basically tells us because of cost-cutting/covid it's going to be Holden.

This is starting to freak me out. 

OTIB funding the sky bet xmas party this year looking at how the odds shift every time something like this happens. 

1 minute ago, Chappers said:

Not stirring it, are you really that blind to financial reality?

So how the **** did Birmingham appoint Karanka last week?

Surely based on this logic their U23 coach should have got the gig?

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

So how the **** did Birmingham appoint Karanka last week?

Surely based on this logic their U23 coach should have got the gig?

Birmingham and sensible financial management are 2 things that don't appear in in the same sentence

Just now, Lrrr said:

Birmingham and sensible financial management are 2 things that don't appear in in the same sentence

Not as mad as us appointing Holden (if we do) that would make appointing Jimmy Lumsden look like appointing Klopp.

Archived