IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Appointing Holden is fine if you want to go back to playing the Bristol derbies in League 1.

Won’t happen, look at the news, the whole of the EFL is totally screwed, if we end up with most of our existing squad and not in receivership we’ll be ahead of a number of Championship Clubs. 

Just now, Cov 77 said:

This will be massive , the feeling over Johnson was extreme , after five weeks this crap , this will happen ,lots of very pissed off fans 

Who ever we get there will be lots of very pissed off fans Thats Bristol City fans

If SL got Klopp as our new manager there would be loads on here moaning that he didnt get PEP

What ever SL does some will only moan 

This just screams of past mistakes.

For the first time in as long as I can remember we have some top managers linked with the job. Managers that have been there and done it in terms of promotions. A large number of Bournemouth fans were calling for Hughton immediately after Howe left. Paul Cook has 3 promotions under his belt (albeit at lower levels) but has an eye for talent and has done very well in all of his recent jobs and has worked very well on minimal financial backing. I would have been interested to see what he could do within our clubs structure. 

However City look likely to employ from within, as to quote Gregor "players like him". 

I worry that if Holden is appointed, and isn't successful, we may risk some of these managers not applying for a 2nd time around in the future. 4 and a half weeks of interviews, only to go with what you already have. Shambles.

I can imagine the conversations between Ashton and JL went something along the lines of...

"Well Jon, it says here that Mr Hughton has two promotions from this division, and an 11th place finish in the Prem"

"That's all well and good Mark, but he hasn't got the experience of being the right hand man in back to back Johnson Cup victories has he? Maybe one to revisit next time around".

If Holden is our next manager, I really hope he surprises me. Because currently my expectations for next season are very bleak. 

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Not as mad as us appointing Holden (if we do) that would make appointing Jimmy Lumsden look like appointing Klopp.

To be honest I understand the gamble of Holden on a 1 year deal its just not the way I think we'll go. If Holden could see us finish top half we could look to appoint a quality gaffer with potentially the financial backing that LJ received upon knowing our revenue streams are returning. Again not the way I think we'll go though.

2 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Who ever we get there will be lots of very pissed off fans Thats Bristol City fans

If SL got Klopp as our new manager there would be loads on here moaning that he didnt get PEP

What ever SL does some will only moan 

I am regularly accused of being too much of a rose tinter, but that’s bollocks.

If we appoint Hughton most will be happy.

If we appoint Cook or Neil many will be happy.

If we appoint Holden I doubt 5% of our fan base will happy.

I think (hope) that DH odds have tumbled because lots of city fans are lumping on just in case he is  appointed and they have a consolation prize!

I've put some money on Hughton and Cook to try and bring their odds down to help people stop freaking out ?

But I think there is some value there

Have to disagree with the OP & others that this is the time to financially “batten down the hatches”

Attended matches may come back next season but how long for - who knows or in what capacity. If they are most fans will be in & out spending far less on the day.

What is not going anywhere is the TV money on offer in the Prem.

If SL truly intends to make the club self sufficient this is only achievable by treading water in Champ selling players or going up, even if only for a season or 2.

Each season the club keep peddling the dream that the club is focused on promotion for too long to now decide to consolidate when the future looks uncertain. 

I don’t expect us to be rolling the dice on this but taking a calculated view on investing when others are consolidating & reducing the odds.

We’re finally getting the parts together to compete at the top end of the table with the infrastructure in place & it would be a huge risk to appoint Holden to take it forward. However sound he may be.

I believe the club is at a crossroads & maybe they’re starting to feel out of their depth in deciding how to approach the next stage on its evolution.

2 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

Have to disagree with the OP & others that this is the time to financially “batten down the hatches”

Attended matches may come back next season but how long for - who knows or in what capacity. If they are most fans will be in & out spending far less on the day.

What is not going anywhere is the TV money on offer in the Prem.

If SL truly intends to make the club self sufficient this is only achievable by treading water in Champ selling players or going up, even if only for a season or 2.

Each season the club keep peddling the dream that the club is focused on promotion for too long to now decide to consolidate when the future looks uncertain. 

I don’t expect us to be rolling the dice on this but taking a calculated view on investing when others are consolidating & reducing the odds.

We’re finally getting the parts together to compete at the top end of the table with the infrastructure in place & it would be a huge risk to appoint Holden to take it forward. However sound he may be.

I believe the club is at a crossroads & maybe they’re starting to feel out of their depth in deciding how to approach the next stage on its evolution.

I will give them a clue. Just copy Brighton.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I am regularly accused of being too much of a rose tinter, but that’s bollocks.

If we appoint Hughton most will be happy.

If we appoint Cook or Neil many will be happy.

If we appoint Holden I doubt 5% of our fan base will happy.

Agreed Graham.

How can the board ask for patience as they undertake due diligence to "take the club to the next level"; and then appoint the deputy.

An appointment like DH would show every experienced manager out there, the level of our ambition as a club.

The next time, the position becomes available, i guarantee a large number will be put off by the current fiasco. 

13 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

The clubs just started taking Direct Debits, Shirt Sales and Shop sales, TV Revenue Advertising/Sponsorship aswell as the thousands of more season tickets if Hughton were to get the job 

Small point, even if crowd limited to 8,000, we will have enough ST sales to fill those seats. Oh, and have you spotted the job losses, with more to come as furlough winds down and Brexit reality hits?

Normally, I would prefer a fresh face, right now, cost-cutting and continuity make an awful lot of sense. It’s going to get rough, so SUPPORT your Club through these times, and worry about the big money manager once we are through them.

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

If its holden I'm done with them, this club will never get another ******* penny out of me,

We made this mistake so many ******* times

When will the thick ******* idiots learn

? 

1 minute ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Agreed Graham.

How can the board ask for patience as they undertake due diligence to "take the club to the next level"; and then appoint the deputy.

An appointment like DH would show every experienced manager out there, the level of our ambition as a club.

The next time, the position becomes available, i guarantee a large number will be put off by the current fiasco. 

Taking 5 weeks after interviewing all best available coaches then appointing the DH would smack of a massive ego trip from our CEO.

Surely he should have known if he was a viable candidate from outset and if they were smart could have replaced LJ with DH back in Jan until the end of the season & 99% of us would have said fair enough.

1 minute ago, Chappers said:

Small point, even if crowd limited to 8,000, we will have enough ST sales to fill those seats. Oh, and have you spotted the job losses, with more to come as furlough winds down and Brexit reality hits?

Normally, I would prefer a fresh face, right now, cost-cutting and continuity make an awful lot of sense. It’s going to get rough, so SUPPORT your Club through these times, and worry about the big money manager once we are through them.

? 

No chance, Lansdown is a Billionaire and if he’s so committed to getting us to the premier league as that’s all him and Ashton go on about then surely this opportunity is the best chance to get someone in who actually knows how to get out of this league instead of going for a person who was assistant to some of the worst football I’ve seen in recent years down City

starting to think you’re either SL, JL, Ashton or Holden by the way you’re going 

Archived