IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I wonder if the administrators will be watching Cook closely and if he moves into a new job relatively quickly, well I suspect they'll have something to say about that!

Could form part of the equation. Because they were looking to hold him as an asset and if they feel they were deceived, could lead to wrangling between Cook, new club, Wigan and their administration team!

How?

If he resigned .... not much anyone can do

5 minutes ago, soultrader said:

How?

If he resigned .... not much anyone can do

He had a contractual compensation clause. Unsure how much! The fact he was an asset or viewed as such led to the below.

They were refusing to accept his resignation basically, LMA had to get involved. 

By pull a fast one I mean if he now joins a new club swiftly waiving the need for any compensation basically well I'd expect some wrangling.

Administrators are obliged to pursue all possible revenue streams fairly aggressively. Could there be a claim of tapping up too?

For all we know, maybe he was released waiving compensation for him in exchange for not taking a new job anywhere within a certain time frame. Maybe there were some strict conditions?

It's a while back but I remember Simon Jordan taking out some injunction to stop Bruce moving to Birmingham!

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Just read the same. Holy ****ing shit. 

WTF. Just seriously WTF. 

Yeah I've seen this, I genuinely won't be bothering with this club if this is the case. This defeats the whole point of sacking LJ in the first place.

7 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Gregor just tweeted, they are negotiating Holden’s backroom staff ?

8452A02A-F907-4724-89AD-FBBDC94CA35C.thumb.png.334e92da9922737310c09f174509252b.png

Just as Cook becomes favourite with Hughton second and Holden moving out to third at the bookies.

:grr:

Two minutes later and its back with Holden as favourite :facepalm:

Holden as manager.

I'll be concerned, but intrigued. There can be little doubt that taking 5-6 weeks and 8 interviews only to then appoint the guy who took over when LJ left is a clear indication that we are now on Plan F. They'll say that "he was always a serious contender and impressed us in the interview process" but it'll be pretty clear that he's a fall back option.

I've seen him take a training session, he's proper "old school". Shouting, encouraging, pretty much as you'd expect. If he keeps Macca as his enforcer and brings in a second assistant to be the softer spoken, tactically minded guy, then who knows. We didn't see much in those final 5 games to truly convince me that Holden will set us up much differently to how LJ would, so I won't be going into next season expecting much more than a scrappy mid-table finish. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

Personally I could live with Holden announced on a 1-year contract with a performance based extension as an incentive. Give him a season, bear in mind that'll be a covid-hit-tighten-your-belts-and-see-what-happens kind of season, and then reassess next summer.

I understand completely that it's frustrating to have guys like Cook and Hughton available, seemingly interested, and then sail off into the sunset...but I would always try to be positive.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He had a contractual compensation clause. Unsure how much! The fact he was an asset or viewed as such led to the below.

They were refusing to accept his resignation basically, LMA had to get involved. 

By pull a fast one I mean if he now joins a new club swiftly waiving the need for any compensation basically well I'd expect some wrangling. Administrators are obliged to pursue all possible revenue streams fairly aggressivelu.

gotcha

3 minutes ago, CityFarAndWide said:

Some may see it as petty but I certainly won't be spending a penny of my money on this club for the foreseeable future

Some may, I have a feeling the majority will feel the same way. I'm certainly not buying any shirts, merch and when available tickets to support this. This club has done a lot of dumb things but the fans have been sold the dream of a club moving forward, this is far from forward and no matter who the back staff are Holden is not good enough.

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Time to get behind Deano 

Not.A.Chance.

1 minute ago, Street red said:

Honestly you couldn't make this up..  Mark Ashton needs to give us some serious answers if this happens!! 

He will need to explain his definitions of the following:

• Ambition
  • push on to the next level
  • surprising quality of candidates
  • candidates from all corners of the globe. 

Just now, 2015 said:

I don't even know what to say to those tweets from Gregor. I feel deflated and sad. This could have been the turning point, this could have been the moment we kick on.

We have wasted it.

I don’t think I’ve ever felt so disillusioned and deflated. I genuinely thought we were on the verge of a pivotal turning point for the positive.

What an absolute, complete and utter **** YOU to the fans. 

I cannot believe this is happening especially when they could have done it 5 was ago.God knows how the club will try and spin this.

My own view is that now Eddie Howe is on his holidays they will let Dean have a go ( hopefully we aren’t in relegation trouble) and then try to persuade Eddie that Bristol City are better than all the other opportunities that will come his way once he returns to management.

Nothing against Dean Holden and hope he is the messiah and does well but god I feel depressed.

Archived