IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Let’s be honest the club have gone beyond giving a sh1t what we think as supporters. 
From bumping up prices in the Lansdown to sell premium seats and moving out the families, to a lack of consultation on the new crest, and the abomination of a 125 kit, to hiding away the refund option in the small print after the ground was closed. Very grateful for the Lansdown family money but it’s definitely customers not fans now. 

Just now, bris red said:

At least we will know where we stand as a club. Steve Lansdown please please stop lieing to our fans - you don’t want Premier league football and never have done.

Yep sign of intent from the club , embarrassing it’s taken four weeks to make an internal appointment. Hate to say it but I fear relegation next season 

Just now, daored said:

Yep sign of intent from the club , embarrassing it’s taken four weeks to make an internal appointment. Hate to say it but I fear relegation next season 

That’s it mate. This appointment will say it all for me, Steve Lansdown is full of shit.

2 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Let’s be honest the club have gone beyond giving a sh1t what we think as supporters. 
From bumping up prices in the Lansdown to sell premium seats and moving out the families, to a lack of consultation on the new crest, and the abomination of a 125 kit, to hiding away the refund option in the small print after the ground was closed. Very grateful for the Lansdown family money but it’s definitely customers not fans now. 

TBF it’s been that way for a few years now.

4 minutes ago, bris red said:

At least we will know where we stand as a club. Steve Lansdown please please stop lieing to our fans - you don’t want Premier league football and never have done.

Sell up. Am I the first to say it?

If true, then trying to be pleased and optimistic but just a bit, bleh. Low risk and perhaps low expectation which may not necessarily be the worst thing. However, to me it has the same uneasy feel the appointments of Tinnion and Millen had - just a bugging sense of what could have been, especially if all talk of Hughton being particularly interested was true. However, guess we just have to give it a chance and see what happens over the next year - the game (and more important things beyond) could look very different in six or 12 months time, so maybe this is the worst best option right now. I do wonder whether the club would have made the same appointment if stadiums weren't likely to be closed to supporters for the foreseeable future...

I was most excited by the (however unrealistic) prospect of Steven Gerrard, but would have been very happy with CH and generally OK with PC. 

15 minutes ago, Andrew_V1 said:

If Holden is appointed it will be clear the ambition is purely to be a championship club which can develop players to be sold for profit not to compete at the highest level. 

Given the names linked and interested this will be a massive blow to the reputation of the club. 

The Johnson appointment was highly dubious as a job for the boys appointment but this will be a very clear and public we want a yes man.

As SL said a few years back to twentyman it’s my club I put the most money in and if this concludes how we are now expecting I take this as a clear up yours to the fans 

I am not sure you can say that Holden has the capability to keep us in the Championship. It is such a strange appointment, if it is in fact true. In fact, I think it could prove to be one of the worst appointments in our modern day history. There is no evidence to suggest, on any level, that Holden deserves the job because of what he has achieved as a junior coach or whatever.  It defies belief that he even got an interview. Shambolic. So upset with this possible appointment. 

Just now, 2015 said:

Sell up. Am I the first to say it?

You won’t be the last to suggest it mate if they make this appointment. You’ve got to ask yourself have the Lansdown family taken us as far as they can - its a legitimate question IMO.

People saying no ambition etc need to take a breath and look at the bigger picture here. With the state of football finances and the likely hood that fans won't be allowed back in for an unknown period of time, plus other revenue streams significantly hit, this is likely to get alot worse.

Holden wouldn't be my first choice to get us promoted but I think we're trying to consolidate things right now, see what happens next season with the state of the finances/economy and then look at it again next year when we have a better idea of the financial picture. At the end of the day this is a business that has to survive.

We clearly aren't ready for PL without investment and maybe Landsdown isn't able or want to plow millions in to the team/manager wages without appropriate levels of money coming back in to balance the books.

Personally, while he wasn't the first choice, I think we go with Holden and regroup next season (accept the risk it could backfire) but i think football will be changing far more than we appreciate right now and this will get much worse when/if a second spike hits and football either gets stopped again or restrictions continue for much longer.

Just now, bris red said:

You won’t be the last to suggest it mate if they make this appointment. You’ve got to ask yourself have the Lansdown family taken us as far as they can - its a legitimate question IMO.

He has done a good job to stabilise us, but I just don't see any 'real' ambition from the board/ownership to actually really push on. For me, ambition is who you appoint as Manager. Look at Leeds with Bielsa, that is ambition.

We have been accepting mediocrity as a club for far too long, this was the biggest appointment we would make for a long time, and if it turns out to be Holden then this will be looked back upon as a total shambles.

1 minute ago, Loco Rojo said:

People saying no ambition etc need to take a breath and look at the bigger picture here. With the state of football finances and the likely hood that fans won't be allowed back in for an unknown period of time, plus other revenue streams significantly hit, this is likely to get alot worse.

Holden wouldn't be my first choice to get us promoted but I think we're trying to consolidate things right now, see what happens next season with the state of the finances/economy and then look at it again next year when we have a better idea of the financial picture. At the end of the day this is a business that has to survive.

We clearly aren't ready for PL without investment and maybe Landsdown isn't able or want to plow millions in to the team/manager wages without appropriate levels of money coming back in to balance the books.

Personally, while he wasn't the first choice, I think we go with Holden and regroup next season (accept the risk it could backfire) but i think football will be changing far more than we appreciate right now and this will get much worse when/if a second spike hits and football either gets stopped again or restrictions continue for much longer.

Why keep harping on about wanting to get in the top 6 and promotion then? Its the bullshit that comes out of Steve Lansdown’s mouth that is starting to piss people off.

Archived