IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He said it's unlikely just sounds like waffle to me...

An unlikely option is former midfielder Cole Skuse, with the Ipswich Town veteran having been close to returning to Ashton Gate last summer and obviously well known in BS3. He could offer a vital link between the management and younger players in the squad, as Rene Gilmartin has done this year. He has been coaching with Woodbridge Town as well as gaining his badges over the past two seasons.

Skuse, was a late target for the Robins on transfer deadline day a year ago, and a bid was made to take the midfielder on loan to add his leadership to the squad with Marlon Pack having departed. However, with little time left before the deadline any deal was rejected by Ipswich Town.

I can't believe even some of the people at the club would be so tone deaf and insulated from reality that they'd think they could get away with making that appointment.

It would be a clear and honest admission by Mark Ashton that him keeping his control over football matters was more important than success.

I think McGregoryface and SL's idiot son are just trolling.

2 hours ago, Southport Red said:

And what experience?  LJ had managed two clubs prior to us. 

Oh and Messi has only played for one club during his career. Utterly inexperienced. 

Johnson and Holden have had very different management careers. The fact they've managed nearly the same amount of clubs has nothing to do with the quality of them. 

1 minute ago, Nibor said:

I can't believe even some of the people at the club would be so tone deaf and insulated from reality that they'd think they could get away with making that appointment.

It would be a clear and honest admission by Mark Ashton that him keeping his control over football matters was more important than success.

I hope so.

11 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

Gregor is saying Cole Skuse. could be part of the coaches if dean gets the job. Come on city what on earth are we doing. we need experience not inexperience people.  i am begining to think getting rid of lee was a complete waste of time. 

Why not it’s just as ridiculous as giving Holden the job.

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

We are a Championship club because Cotterill took us there and then LJ consolidated the position. Both of course were Lansdown appointments. 

My understanding is Cotterill was very much appointed on Keith Dawe’s recommendation. Yes, Johnson consolidated our position (with some pretty dire football for the last two seasons I might add) but alongside Ashton oversaw a recruitment “strategy” that sees us with 40 odd players, 20 of whom will never get a game and as a result we will be shopping at Poundland at the present moment.

As I say Dean Holden is 100% blameless.

3 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Genuine question....why does everyone dislike Ashton? He clearly is only doing what he is told.m surely ?

59 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

You're free to criticise the Lansdown's but do so in an area makes sense. If you think SL has too much control, or that his son being chairman is an act of nepotism that could be a valid opinion but the shot that they lack ambition was far closer to the corner flag than it was the goal. Without SLs money this club would still be wallowing in obscurity rather than being a recognised championship player. Had he decided to walk away and call in the debts we owed him we may not be in existence now. 

Just because he's putting the cash in, it doesn't mean the board are fit for purpose!!!

If it's Holden, we are going backwards

Leeds have shown the importance of getting the right man in. They appointed Bielsa, a guy who coached his team to play a certain style. Who didn’t go out and spend millions on overhauling his squad whose improved players.

Holden was part of the coaching staff where we had no set style of play, no improvement in individual players. Whilst I accept the decisions were made by Johnson , Holden was part of that set up 

55 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Clearly finances will be a big factor for a lot of clubs this summer and particularly at this level but this appointment doesn't sit well at all even so.

Don’t get how GMG is now saying the appointment of Holden would  be financially driven when they’ve been entertaining the likes of CH & SG.

Surely they would have an idea of budgeting at the beginning of the process.

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Good shout. Dave head coach, Mr Pop as COO. Big Tone as chairman. 

Harry as head scout and Lrrrrr can run the academy. 

I'll handle the media department if you like. 

That's my job Tone but you can be the summariser. Youz good at that babber.

I'm getting tired obviously Rob. 

Unfortunately the notion of us appointing Holden is entirely believable and depressingly at the lowest level of my expectations.

SL stating he expects Premier League football and then we get Holden?

Holden should have gone along with LJ, he is for me part of the problem. 

To then appoint him to take us on to the next level is laughable.

There are some names on the list I really don’t want but all of them have more credentials and rationale to appoint them than Holden.

Hopefully this is all a smoke screen and Gregor is wrong but I fear it’s all too believable and so, so Bristol City.

7 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

Oh and Messi has only played for one club during his career. Utterly inexperienced. 

Johnson and Holden have had very different management careers. The fact they've managed nearly the same amount of clubs has nothing to do with the quality of them. 

My point was that you had said that DH had more qualifications/experience than LJ. My point was, as far as experience is concerned, he is far less experience than LJ. 

3 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

Don’t get how GMG is now saying the appointment of Holden would  be financially driven when they’ve been entertaining the likes of CH & SG.

Surely they would have an idea of budgeting at the beginning of the process.

Exactly this. 

The finance talk is just an excuse for the fact that they haven’t got their **** together and have potentially been left with Dean Holden.

Why even entertain the likes of Gerrard and Hughton if that was the case. 

It’s an excuse, and I wouldn’t buy it for a second.

10 minutes ago, !james said:

Hi Gregor, Mark Ashton here. Can you tweet something like.... 

"A lot of redundancies were announced at Ashton Gate Stadium recently that seem to have been quickly forgotten. Pretty sure that the #BristolCity owners were criticised by many then. So to then criticise them for 'considering' an internal appointment now...?

Pretty sure the redundancies were Ashton Gate employees, which would make sense given there’s no Football, Rugby or Live Music events for the foreseeable.

So it does sound like someone is spinning something. 

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

That's my job Tone but you can be the summariser. Youz good at that babber.

I'm getting tired obviously Rob. 

Right, that's sorted then. I just need to make a phone call to Guernsey then "Unveil DaveFevs!"

I'll support any manager they decide to choose with the exception of DH, for me he has been part of the problem for the last 2 years and did absolutely nothing during his caretaking period other than beat a poor 'boro team who always lost at home and a struggling victory against the worst team in the league, the very same team that conceded 8 goals in the first half in their next game, I shall be giving it a miss for a while

6 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Genuine question....why does everyone dislike Ashton? He clearly is only doing what he is told.m surely ?

I don't dislike him, I think he's done a fairly good job selling players and an average one buying.

I do dislike the bullshit he talks and I do think he was a party to a poor appointment in LJ and if he does that again it'll be a net negative for me.

Just now, Galway Red said:

I'll support any manager they decide to choose with the exception of DH, for me he has been part of the problem for the last 2 years and did absolutely nothing during his caretaking period other than beat a poor 'boro team who always lost at home and a struggling victory against the worst team in the league, the very same team that conceded 8 goals in the first half in their next game, I shall be giving it a miss for a while

Exactly. I’d rather have Barry Bennell than Holden. 

Archived