IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd be quite happy if Dean gets the job.  Good bloke, endorsed by the likes of Aaron Wilbraham, good man manager, will give academy talent a chance and will create internal unity.   An angry and resentful fan base won't help him so I hope fans give him a chance.  

Ideally, I'd have liked someone such as Arne Slot, but if potential candidates such as him just weren't interested or realistic then I am more than comfortable with DH. He played a set system consistently that suited the available players and switched from LJ's contain and route one approach to a more attacking mindset which was refreshing. I thought he brought out the best in Paterson, Jay Desilva and Weimann and finally played a ball playing centre half who looked like he way enjoying playing at long last.

I can see young players thriving under Dean and I wish him all the best with full support if he gets the job.

10 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Without his cash it wouldn't matter, we'd be bankrupt and wouldn't be in the Championship. Since Harry Dolman which owners/major shareholder, chairman and board have been better? Remember the one that took us to the old first division also took us to the brink of extinction. Perhaps you'd like the sometime Bros keyboardist back. 

Yeah, actually I would!

Rather than being constantly sold a lie.

At least we would know where we stood.

Had they booted LJ & bumped up DH earlier it would have given all a chance to see what he could achieve.

He may well be the right candidate but the way the club have gone about this appointment is nothing short of appalling and DH should consider that point if offered the job. 

I’ll back whoever is given the job really but don’t mess about interviewing coaches with no intention of hiring them - I’d prefer if they came out and said this is our plan and our philosophy we intend to promote from within rather than the current circus.

Fundamentally you have say whoever is in charge of the HC role has not come through this with any merit.

2 minutes ago, Dottie said:

It’s not his fault, it’s the people that employed him. 

I do think that if this goes wrong, it’s time for fingers to point at Steve Lansdown and Mark Ashton. 

No one ever says this but maybe SL has taken the club as far as he can. when you break it down his tenure has seen us hold steady as a level 2/3 club. It’s less of a club and far more SL’s business. I sit in the Dolman, have the same seat with better catering and bogs....the football has been as bad as ever recently.  Not a lot to write home about really. 

3 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

Had they booted LJ & bumped up DH earlier it would have given all a chance to see what he could achieve.

He may well be the right candidate but the way the club have gone about this appointment is nothing short of appalling and DH should consider that point if offered the job. 

I’ll back whoever is given the job really but don’t mess about interviewing coaches with no intention of hiring them - I’d prefer if they came out and said this is our plan and our philosophy we intend to promote from within rather than the current circus.

Fundamentally you have say whoever is in charge of the HC role has not come through this with any merit.

Correct, it doesnt fill you with much confidence in the boardroom does it

13 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Despite the outcry I don’t think I’ve really seen anyone having a pop at Dean. 
He did what we would all do, went for a promotion. On one hand it’s up to him to make a success of it, but the blame won’t just lie with him if it goes wrong. 

Trouble is, it will. 

4 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

So you know for certain he wouldn't be successful if he's appointed  he just might surprise everyone. 

Maybe he will, the club is at a fork in the road and this appointment is the wrong direction and tells you all you need about our true ambition. If confirmed it will be time for a much needed break and I am not alone. 

12 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

People saying they will stop supporting the club because a certain manager might be appointed is embarrassing in the extreme. 

He’s not Trump FFS 

10 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Most of them won't do It, they never do. All talk.

I don't see many (any?) posters saying they'll actually 'stop supporting the club'. Of course they'll still be City supporters, but less enthusiastic, and not investing in a season ticket. What else can the club expect after raising expectations?

Hoping this appointment won't be made, we have such an opportunity to move forward.

Will appointing Holden attract players?

will it enable good loan signings?

will it be a signal of intent to get to the next stage?

probably not on all three.....so he would have to be an absolute outstanding Coach for this to make any sense.

im not sure he’s quite that....

after investment in ground, squad and state level level of ambition it would be a bizarre signing.

maybe all just a ploy to get the main target to agree terms......I hope anyway 

I wonder if our owner/board members/staff look in and read this forum and can see this poll about Holden and just how many do not want him to become our new manager/coach?

Surely they would take note of this?

If DH has the job and fails i hate to think how many fans would stay away?

It could end up being a disaster for the club.

20 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

People saying they will stop supporting the club because a certain manager might be appointed is embarrassing in the extreme. 

He’s not Trump FFS 

No one is having a pop at Dean Holden. Just fans sick of mediocrity and actually have ambition for their club. There are thousands of fans bored and tired of the style of football we were playing under LJ and we when just decide to appoint his assistant. Let alone the lies from Mark Ashton.

Can't you see the frustration?

23 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

I'd be quite happy if Dean gets the job.  Good bloke, endorsed by the likes of Aaron Wilbraham, good man manager, will give academy talent a chance and will create internal unity.   An angry and resentful fan base won't help him so I hope fans give him a chance.  

Ideally, I'd have liked someone such as Arne Slot, but if potential candidates such as him just weren't interested or realistic then I am more than comfortable with DH. He played a set system consistently that suited the available players and switched from LJ's contain and route one approach to a more attacking mindset which was refreshing. I thought he brought out the best in Paterson, Jay Desilva and Weimann and finally played a ball playing centre half who looked like he way enjoying playing at long last.

I can see young players thriving under Dean and I wish him all the best with full support if he gets the job.

If he does get the job I hope he does a bit better than in his last 5 games, one of which was a difficult game against Hull who conceded 7 in the first half of the next game.

I don’t understand why everyone thinks he will give youth a chance he didn’t in any of his 5 games he had. Vyner only later because of injury and our youngest player Massengo couldn’t even get off the bench when we were crying out for something in the middle!

I respect your positive approach to this, and I try my best to be positive about this football club, but when (and I am hoping it it is not true) this does happy it is getting more and more difficult to swallow the Lansdown approach, which all just seems as though Lansdown Jnr is playing Football Manager but in real life!!!

Archived