IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Gregor is just speculating on possibilities. He doesn’t know about Skuse. Read the article properly.

Agree the whole of that article reads like pure speculation. It also says this:

“Bristol City are edging towards appointing Dean Holden as the permanent successor to Lee Johnson at Ashton Gate.

No final decision has yet been reached but Holden has emerged of late as the leading candidate to take the club forward, in part due to the effects of COVID-19 in football.

Though a late switch for another candidate was not entirely ruled out by club sources on Tuesday, Holden is expected to clinch the position over the next days unless there is a sudden change of heart by the City board.“

So basically no decision has been made yet but it might be Holden but it might be someone else! Or to put it another way, Holden is one of a number on a short list and a decision will be made in due course. 

23 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

It’s all come from that absolute pleb of a journalist who has got absolutely nothing right over the last 4 weeks 

Apart from contradicting TalkSport and Sky and a host of other sites who said Hughton was a done deal and about to be announced 12 days ago.

I don't know if McGregor has this one pegged right, but he clearly has some contacts at the club.

I've not read the entire 31 pages of this thread but could the club be leaking this story in order to gauge fans opinion.  If so then the response is pretty overwhelmingly negative, not in terms of DH as a person as I think he's pretty universally liked or perhaps more accurately he's not universally disliked which are obviously different things.  What is clear is that he's clearly lacking any real support.  Against this backdrop would the club appoint him as they surely can't totally dismiss such a lack of support.  I appreciate they aren't basing any decision solely on OTIB but surely they must be aware of this fact, at least to some degree ?

2 minutes ago, Magicdaps said:

I've not read the entire 31 pages of this thread but could the club be leaking this story in order to gauge fans opinion.  If so then the response is pretty overwhelmingly negative, not in terms of DH as a person as I think he's pretty universally liked or perhaps more accurately he's not  universally disliked which are obviously different things.  What is clear is that he's clearly lacking any real support.  Against this backdrop would the club appoint him as they surely can't totally dismiss such a lack of support.  I appreciate they aren't basing any decision solely on OTIB but surely they must be aware of this fact , at least to some degree ?

Surely to the point that the Chairman wouldn’t be teasing people on twitter over this.

7 minutes ago, eardun said:

Agree the whole of that article reads like pure speculation. It also says this:

“Bristol City are edging towards appointing Dean Holden as the permanent successor to Lee Johnson at Ashton Gate.

No final decision has yet been reached but Holden has emerged of late as the leading candidate to take the club forward, in part due to the effects of COVID-19 in football.

Though a late switch for another candidate was not entirely ruled out by club sources on Tuesday, Holden is expected to clinch the position over the next days unless there is a sudden change of heart by the City board.“

So basically no decision has been made yet but it might be Holden but it might be someone else! Or to put it another way, Holden is one of a number on a short list and a decision will be made in due course. 

Exactly....not a deffo done deal.

Maybe we are all panicking without reason......probably the thought of it is making us paranoid! 

Bring back LJ, all is forgiven!!!!

This would be the most uninspiring appointment of all time; if this happens, I will have gone from looking forward to next season to not caring......whilst I accept that COVID has clearly had an impact on football and our club, nothing has changed since LJ was sacked - we’ve gone from speaking with some experience managers to someone who has become part of the problem over the past few seasons.

This has a “recipe for disaster” written all over it......we will become a bottom six side with the proposed management team in charge.....

As for SL wanting someone who will “take us to the next level”.........this appointment would be nothing further from the truth!

6 minutes ago, Magicdaps said:

I've not read the entire 31 pages of this thread but could the club be leaking this story in order to gauge fans opinion.  If so then the response is pretty overwhelmingly negative, not in terms of DH as a person as I think he's pretty universally liked or perhaps more accurately he's not universally disliked which are obviously different things.  What is clear is that he's clearly lacking any real support.  Against this backdrop would the club appoint him as they surely can't totally dismiss such a lack of support.  I appreciate they aren't basing any decision solely on OTIB but surely they must be aware of this fact, at least to some degree ?

Which implies that they haven't really got a clue who is best manager for the club and need our blessing......that is pathetic if true.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Done all by devils advocate / reasons for Deano on other threads.

Ive met the bloke several times, he is a real gent.  He ain’t my no1, no2, etc candidate, and Ashton has got some huge explaining to do if he appoints him.

Not Dean’s fault.  Anger should be aimed at the board.

I think I get the gist of your post...

Guys, let's direct our anger at @Davefevs!!

IF Holden gets the job, how long will they give him to get " the project" right? Are we in for another 4 years of dross football? Will they give him half a season? 4 years? Tbh I think I am going to die before City get back to the top flight ( my family usually die before 65 and I am now 57). This club really is a big boys club, just with more money than the guy who just plays FIFA in his bedroom, there just seems to be a concerted lack of ambition to push Bristol City on to the next level, they alsoseem to be just waiting for the EFL to rubber stamp a wages cap so that they have another excuse to hide behind. I'll be dead soon so I won't have to worry about it anymore, best of luck to the rest of you!

5 minutes ago, Magicdaps said:

I hope that this is the case, I don’t know how we could go from looking at Gerrard one minute and making him one of the highest paid managers in the league to appointing Holden as the stadium company has made redundancies?

I just hope that Gregor has it all wrong and we do appoint someone with some track record to get us looking forward to the new season!

If he does get the job - and I hope he doesn't, then I suspect its because of a result of Covid-19. As we appear to be a club mindful of FFP and committed to improving our younger players. I can only assume that MA and SL and co are looking at keeping the club afloat long term while others may go into administration. Its a business after all, and so many companies will fail in the next 6-12 months on the back of this virus.

We have some great quality younger players who just need some air time to improve and gain confidence. We may go backwards initially but it could be a forward thinking move if this virus becomes part of our lives for years to come.

5 minutes ago, Onthefence said:

If he does get the job - and I hope he doesn't, then I suspect its because of a result of Covid-19. As we appear to be a club mindful of FFP and committed to improving our younger players. I can only assume that MA and SL and co are looking at keeping the club afloat long term while others may go into administration. Its a business after all, and so many companies will fail in the next 6-12 months on the back of this virus.  

Don’t talk sense. Far easier to call the owner and CEO *****. And the club shop. And the cleaners. Dance around the camp fire whilst burning your (plastic) season ticket calling everyone in the clubs *****

17 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Apart from contradicting TalkSport and Sky and a host of other sites who said Hughton was a done deal and about to be announced 12 days ago.

I don't know if McGregor has this one pegged right, but he clearly has some contacts at the club.

Spot on. Gregor hasn’t provided much information until now, more just refuting other reports, but he’s been right about it all so far. 

18 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I don't know if McGregor has this one pegged right, but he clearly has some contacts at the club.

His contact will be the club's press office. So either they are spinning him a line in order to lower fan expectations before announcing someone like Cook, or it is true and they are doing it in order to prepare people for an unpopular announcement.

49 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

It’s all come from that absolute pleb of a journalist who has got absolutely nothing right over the last 4 weeks 

Nothing right?

He’s called Hughton, Cook and Gerrard correctly. Nationals said it was a done deal with Hughton but Gregor said it wasn’t - who was right?

Let’s have some examples of where he’s got it wrong please.

Archived