IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

37 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

You don't think as the major shareholder SL didn't have a major say in the appointment. Interestingly it was then vice Chairman Jon Lansdown who announced the appointment to the media. 

Dear oh dear . Clutching at straws here big time. What difference does it make who announces it ? and I don’t care what the majority shareholder did . That particular appointment was down to Kieth Dawe. Every Lansdown appointment apart from GJ has been poor . That’s being very kind with some of them as well. You can think the sunshine shines out of Lansdowns back passage if you want . Whilst I do believe he a fantastic businessman . I also believe his ego won’t allow him to believe that he knows **** all about football. 

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

IMG_20200804_213707.jpg

I'm not a fan of the potential appointment, bit premature though ain't it? Also isn't something I would do! Getting the bedsheets out to vent me frustration's at the club. Looks like someone has taken a piss in front of the sign on the left? ?

I’m still hoping/buying into the smokescreen theory that has been posted on here several times. The theory that Gregor is being played by the club to manage the fan’s reaction when a lesser name than Hughton is announced. Now that Holden has been fed to the fans, if the club announced Neil/Cook everyone will be pleased it’s not Holden. 

2 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I’m still hoping/buying into the smokescreen theory that has been posted on here several times. The theory that Gregor is being played by the club to manage the fan’s reaction when a lesser name than Hughton is announced. Now that Holden has been fed to the fans, if the club announced Neil/Cook everyone will be pleased it’s not Holden. 

Neil/Cook would be good appointments in my opinion.

50 minutes ago, weepywall said:

The thing is they wont lose out on season ticket sales as they have sold 12k and even if they appointed CH for example I cant see it having much of a bearing on ST sales in the current climate.

Wrong many of those are paid on installments, I like a fair few I have already spoken to will be cancelling them if Holden gets the job.

Ok, maybe clutching at straws here but perhaps:

SL wants to appoint DH as he’s a solid trustworthy appointment but rest of the board want a more experienced head & are feeding GMG the story to provoke a negative fans response to demonstrate how bad an idea this is.

6 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I was thinking something similar, that if a Cook or Neil is appointed without the Holden rumours everyone would be gutted as Hughton was the dream for many, now I'd be excited if they appointed ?

Just now, Red Alert said:

Ok, maybe clutching at straws here but perhaps:

SL wants to appoint DH as he’s a solid trustworthy appointment but rest of the board want a more experienced head & are feeding GMG the story to provoke a negative fans response to demonstrate how bad an idea this is.

As the 'board' consists of Steve's mate Doug, who doesn't seem to be involved, his son and Mark Ashton I fear you may be clutching at straws! Unless Mark Ashton is out painting sheets and demanding his own departure...

To me it seems like the club want to appoint a "yes man" who will do as they say and just keep running training. "Play the kids more next week" - "Yes sir Mr. Lansdown/Ashton".

Really weak choice.

FIVE weeks of interviews and we're looking to settle on the guy that was part of the bore-fest and distinct averageness we already had? Great stuff. Real inspirational.

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

As the 'board' consists of Steve's mate Doug, who doesn't seem to be involved, his son and Mark Ashton I fear you may be clutching at straws! Unless Mark Ashton is out painting sheets and demanding his own departure...

It be could JL - looks pretty similar handwriting to those training tops he designed.

14 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Any chance this has been photo shopped? Here's the original..  

Screenshot_20200804-212729_Chrome.jpg

If you look at the date it's 04th August where looking at old news say from July it should be displayed as 4th August.

14 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Is it was pointed out by someone else on this forum, that the news was broken by a different journalist, not Gregor. 

16 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

I'm not a fan of the potential appointment, bit premature though ain't it? Also isn't something I would do! Getting the bedsheets out to vent me frustration's at the club. Looks like someone has taken a piss in front of the sign on the left? ?

...Jesus wept...

Archived