IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Why? Really? You've got a 'fan/s' putting messages on bedsheets about a bloke who hasn't been appointed and didn't do that badly when he was given a chance. 

******* tin pot.

He was part of the problem along with johnson,Holdens done nothing to warrant the job and should of been out the door.. He was lucky players always react when a manager is sacked..Far to inexperienced for me and to take over a month to decide Holden is the man (if true) is embarrassing not the flags!!! ( Let's hope he's not the man).

38 minutes ago, CotterillsArmy2 said:

And so It starts

I take it Tommy isn’t part of the Lansdown family, or has been Prince Harry’d

38 minutes ago, CotterillsArmy2 said:

And so It starts

I take it Tommy isn’t part of the Lansdown family, or has been Prince Harry’d

1 minute ago, AshtonG666 said:

You would be happy and satisfied with Holden ?

Why not? There is logic to it with current circumstances, and as a supporter, I will back him and give him a chance. 
Once the delay in easing restrictions was announced last week, he became the obvious choice in terms of continuity and value. Not the choice in normal circumstances, but it isn’t normal right now. 

So we've been kept in suspense for 4 weeks and been linked with individuals such as Chris Hughton, and now we look like appointing somebody with limited managerial experience. With all due respect to Dean Holden, there's a whole world out there to search. Are they sure Dean is the best option available to us?!

It could be that they’re just writing next season off due to the financial restrictions Covid will bring.  Wednesday and Wycombe are as good as down, so we just need to not finish in the final relegation spot. Go cheap, stay up then use the money saved for 21/22 (if Covid has gone by then)

5 hours ago, CiderJar said:

I'm pinning all of what is left of my hopes on the fact that the official website does not put zeros before single figure dates.

August the 04th be with you.

23 minutes ago, Sniper said:

If you look at the date it's 04th August where looking at old news say from July it should be displayed as 4th August.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave a few hours ago.

2 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

It could be that they’re just writing next season off due to the financial restrictions Covid will bring.  Wednesday and Wycombe are as good as down, so we just need to not finish in the final relegation spot. Go cheap, stay up then use the money saved for 21/22 (if Covid has gone by then)

You should apply for a place on the board with a master plan like that

4 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

It may well be this - give him a 12 month contract, review next summer and then appoint for the longer term?! ?‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

It may well be this - give him a 12 month contract, review next summer and then appoint for the longer term?! ?‍♂️

That's all well and good assuming that you keep the side in the division....momentum is so important in the championship, we have seen far better sides on paper than us struggle this season....Boro stoke Huddersforld only to be saved by managerial changes.

7 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

All the true ambition and optimism of a potential future City manager

The position now seems to be that no ****er will come to us after the total bollocks-up we have made so far.

So we may be left with no alternative but to appoint Dean. This will be a cruel act inflicted on a decent man by a bunch of ****ing incompetents, sorry, by one monumental arrogant incompetent.

This all seems to have started with SLs fantasy about getting Gerrard here. He chose to go after Gerrard who hasn't achieved anything when he could have gone straight for Hughton and sorted this out months ago. An act of petulance by someone who again shows that he knows **** all about football.

42 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Dear oh dear . Clutching at straws here big time. What difference does it make who announces it ? and I don’t care what the majority shareholder did . That particular appointment was down to Kieth Dawe. Every Lansdown appointment apart from GJ has been poor . That’s being very kind with some of them as well. You can think the sunshine shines out of Lansdowns back passage if you want . Whilst I do believe he a fantastic businessman . I also believe his ego won’t allow him to believe that he knows **** all about football. 

I don't believe the sun shines out of any part of SLs anatomy but his business acumen and commitment to both this club and Bristol sport in general has stabilised a club going absolutely nowhere under a number of previous Boards, Chairmen and major shareholders who knew no more about football than him. SL is not the only major shareholder that has presided over bad managerial appointments. He wasn't responsible for the likes of Lennartson, Osman etc. Very few owners of football clubs are well versed in football, they are after all the money men, which is why they appoint CEOs to run the club on a daily basis. 

I fully understand the disappointment of those who thought we should be in the PL by now, but many no longer seem prepared to acknowledge the progress made in the last 6 years. 

2 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

The position now seems to be that no ****er will come to us after the total bollocks-up we have made so far.

So we may be left with no alternative but to appoint Dean. This will be a cruel act inflicted on a decent man by a bunch of ****ing incompetents, sorry, by one monumental arrogant incompetent.

This all seems to have started with SLs fantasy about getting Gerrard here. He chose to go after Gerrard who hasn't achieved anything when he could have gone straight for Hughton and sorted this out months ago. An act of petulance by someone who again shows that he knows **** all about football.

Hughton, Cook, Karanka, McCarthy all available as free agents.....the likes of Neil, Robbins, Jokanovic employed but linked. Barnsley Huddersfield etc display how employing from Europe can lead to big rewards.

We potentially end up with Holden, something has gone very badly wrong.

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I don't believe the sun shines out of any part of SLs anatomy but his business acumen and commitment to both this club and Bristol sport in general has stabilised a club going absolutely nowhere under a number of previous Boards, Chairmen and major shareholders who knew no more about football than him. SL is not the only major shareholder that has presided over bad managerial appointments. He wasn't responsible for the likes of Lennartson, Osman etc. Very few owners of football clubs are well versed in football, they are after all the money men, which is why they appoint CEOs to run the club on a daily basis. 

I fully understand the disappointment of those who thought we should be in the PL by now, but many no longer seem prepared to acknowledge the progress made in the last 6 years. 

This club is going nowhere.

7 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

We never chased Gerrard..

The Liverpool legend told reporters: "I am content here, I'm happy.

"My people haven't heard anything from Bristol City, so I think it's just paper talk and rumours."

7 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Did this really need another thread?

Yes we ALL KNOW you are annoyed at the situation but please for the love of god stop making endless threads on this topic

Just now, cityal said:

Did this really need another thread?

Yes we ALL KNOW you are annoyed at the situation but please for the love of god stop making endless threads on this topic

You'll be lucky - he can't stop himself :laughcont:

Archived