IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Did we chase Gerrard for three weeks?  I wouldn’t be so sure about that...

Whatever we were doing we wasted 3 weeks.

it only takes a week or two to hire a manager as you should be sounding out and carrying out basic due diligence when you know the current incumbent is on thin ice.

this whole process has been an embarrassment.

I've been trying to remain objective with this dreadful last few weeks and before that months of abject viewing. Then there's the austerity, FFP, COVID, what's the new normal etc, etc.

However, whichever way one looks at this situation, Holden can't be the best candidate for the job. He just can't be. Factor in everything we know and he still can't be.

If or when he is announced as the new Head Coach or Manager. We as City fans will go in to meltdown even though we won't be surprised at the ineptitude of a 5 week process to come to this conclusion. Opportunity has been knocking very loudly but the club have got their ear plugs in.

So the cycle goes again i.e. selling our best players and bringing in many others which may or may not make it as 'ones for the future'. If we as fans are under any illusion of City being an established Championship side then think again. This division is savage and is no place for the faint hearted. It certainly is no place for an unproven group being led by an unproven cone collector. 

If Holden gets the job, at what point do our glorious leadership think OMG we are in the sh!te and our experiment has gone wrong. Then what? The process starts again and we can't wait 5 weeks during the season to appoint the right candidate. The time was right weeks ago and if this opportunity has been missed then I feel this will be a defining period in our history.

Whatever the reason given for appointing Holden. In my opinion, I can't see it being anything other than financial. Before anyone rattles on about FFP. City can afford a good appointment and certainly a more suitable one than Holden.

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

Gregor MacGregor sounding more and more like he hasn't got a bloody clue. One minute Holden is imminent and the next two others are still waiting. 

Yes he has totally wound back the story and back tracked. He probably saw the reaction to his first tweet on here and other places.

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Bcfcbackwell said:

We all want Hughton but we have something called COVID at the moment, income will  be drastically reduced. It’s SL’s call, a tough decision to be made. I just can’t understand some of the very negative comments & hysterics on this Forum, very sad. 

Explain how we were offering Gerrard £50k pw then?

Covid is far too easy an excuse to be using

2 hours ago, Chappers said:

Not sucking up, I just won’t join the baying mob on here and prepared to give the guy a chance. Whoever takes over will have to work mostly with existing squad, and there is so much uncertainty over next season in terms of finances and completion, that the internal appointment makes sense.

The Board know the candidates a whole lot better than a bunch of keyboard warriors (All competing time be the most outraged), and if they determine DH to be the best candidate, we have to accept it and support him.

Gove it a few months and there will be supporters up and down the Country just hoping their club can survive, plenty of people losing jobs and homes, a manager being appointed is not really anything to get worked up about. Nobody on here seems capable of even considering that he might actually be the right fit for the job.

There is a small “outraged”  baying mob as you say but the majority are saying the same things - will be disappointed but will support Holden as there is no”blame” to be apportioned on his part. Those people are entitled to question the decision that looks like being made in return for their small cash injection into the club each season whether it makes a shred of difference or not.

Bar one or two who just want to be right we all hope that Dean smashes it if he gets the job irrespective of whether we support the decision.

2 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Yes he has totally wound back the story and back tracked. He probably saw the reaction to his first tweet on here and other places.

He said something about an overreaction to his tweet, but also apologised for his part in it.

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

I'm not sure that was how it was reported.  It stated Holden is on holiday this week but nothing about this is the reason things are delayed?  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

The 40-year-old former Bolton Wanderers defender is on a short family break this week holding up any official announcement currently, though that could be completed in the next days upon return.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bristol-city-leaning-towards-dean-4393484

Just now, Dynamite Red said:

So Cook has been ruled out and looks to be a straight choice between Hughton and Holden. How anyone can come down on the side of Holden I will never know. 

Either Hughton, Holden, or Fowler will be walking out on the pitch today wearing a City Polo Shirt. Well that’s the way I see it. I hope I’m wrong on all these 3.

what would make my day is an European coach who probably talks German and has a beard, wears a cap finally does a lap of honor to day when he signs his contract 

3 minutes ago, soultrader said:

The 40-year-old former Bolton Wanderers defender is on a short family break this week holding up any official announcement currently, though that could be completed in the next days upon return.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bristol-city-leaning-towards-dean-4393484

Another wishy washy story with no definite news. 

1 minute ago, Redrascal2 said:

Unfortunately it looks pretty certain to me. Holden away at the moment and will be announced when he is back from holiday. Just hope it is wrong.

If he has been given the job. It will be his first (probably last) Championship Head Coach / Manager role.  A massive job. Get your a$$ back home NOW!

Swanning around on holiday. There is loads of work to do. 

1 minute ago, supercidered said:

If he has been given the job. It will be his first (probably last) Championship Head Coach / Manager role.  A massive job. Get your a$$ back home NOW!

Where is he staying on holiday? If he was in the mix he would not be on a holiday. Have you rented your caravan out to him at Brean down ?

14 minutes ago, supercidered said:

This is what is making me doubt the authenticity of this. His first major role, he would be cutting it short, desperate to get back & do media duties, plan for next season ect not enjoying a bit of sunshine.

I remember when Coppell took the job, but he wanted to have a little play around in Pattaya before fully taking over, that was pretty odd.

But i wouldn't put anything past City, so it really wouldn't surprise me. Just seems a bit odd that they would wait on him being on holiday.

2 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

This is what is making me doubt the authenticity of this. His first major role, he would be cutting it short, desperate to get back & do media duties, plan for next season ect not enjoying a bit of sunshine.

I remember when Coppell took the job, but he wanted to have a little play around in Pattaya before fully taking over, that was pretty odd.

But i wouldn't put anything past City, so it really wouldn't surprise me. Just seems a bit odd that they would wait on him being on holiday.

I absolutely agree. There is so much to be done. You would think if you had the call to say you had been successful you would be straight on getting home.

He's probably in Spain though and would have to quarantine for 14 days. Not even that would surprise me.

Archived