IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Why do I hear Hughton and Cook singing ‘ I am in the phone booth it’s the one across the hall ‘ ?

When they get the call it will be SL saying  “I Just Called to Say I Love You.............but I’m Torn Between Two Lovers. If I don’t choose you, Don’t Worry, Be Happy. 

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My opinion, perhaps you’re too easy to find negatives ??‍♂️

I agree. I think if the manager had been Hughton and he had picked the exact team/tactics that Holden did we would mostLet be please and optimistic for the coming season. 

Unfortunately, anything Holden does will be deemed not good enough by many which means the job would be a poisoned chalice for him. 

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My opinion, perhaps you’re too easy to find negatives ??‍♂️

Mr Fevs, I conversely found your summary to be grasping a bit too readily for positives, but hey we all see things differently. 

Just to pick your brains (because you always give good answers), which of the candidates or names on the betting would Stoke those fires of rage within you. Were there any that would really give you the hump?

If its Holden then IMO SL has decided the Prem is unaffordable. It will look like a "you never know what might happen" appointment. We may as well have stuck with Cotts and bounced between Championship and Div 1. At least the football was enjoyable most of the time. 

Has anyone considered that with Gregor's tweet about "sorting out the backroom staff" and Tins and Scotty removing themselves from Twitter, that maybe it could be Hughton coming in with a completely new backroom staff and Tins/Scotty may actually be on their way out? Would certainly explain why the appointment has taken so long, if they have had to negotiate with not only Hughton, but his new backroom staff, along with arranging settlements for the existing staff. Tins/Scotty may have been told to stay off Twitter for legal reasons too. Just a thought.

1 minute ago, Ashton Yate said:

Has anyone considered that with Gregor's tweet about "sorting out the backroom staff" and Tins and Scotty removing themselves from Twitter, that maybe it could be Hughton coming in with a completely new backroom staff and Tins/Scotty may actually be on their way out? Would certainly explain why the appointment has taken so long, if they have had to negotiate with not only Hughton, but his new backroom staff, along with arranging settlements for the existing staff. Tins/Scotty may have been told to stay off Twitter for legal reasons too. Just a thought.

I mean if that is the case as much as I like Tinman and Murray good on Hughton, about time the club avoided nepotism.

4 minutes ago, Ashton Yate said:

Tinnion didn't leave twitter, it's just Scott Murray who has left.

I would love this to be the reason though.

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced I'll be Holden.

This is a year unlike any other. Clubs simply can't splash cash or even budget for the next 12 months.

Holden knows the squad. Transfer activity this window is likely to be minimal. He will be prepared to work within the current structure.

12 month contract. See what happens next year.

I hope I'm wrong as we don't have a decent track record of success when promoting from within (Joe Jordan the exception I can recall) but given the global climate I can see the club protecting itself financially as much as possible.

1 minute ago, RedEd73 said:

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced I'll be Holden.

This is a year unlike any other. Clubs simply can't splash cash or even budget for the next 12 months.

Holden knows the squad. Transfer activity this window is likely to be minimal. He will be prepared to work within the current structure.

12 month contract. See what happens next year.

I hope I'm wrong as we don't have a decent track record of success when promoting from within (Joe Jordan the exception I can recall) but given the global climate I can see the club protecting itself financially as much as possible.

If we go down this route. I'm confident we will have a relegation battle on our hands. 

4 minutes ago, Redpool said:

If we go down this route. I'm confident we will have a relegation battle on our hands. 

I don't think we should discount Holden's feelings in all of this.

Yes he may have applied and been interviewed, but having seen the mass disappointment and anger from City fans all over social media at the thought of him being appointed, he may well have second thoughts.

Hopefully, he is not as arrogant and stubborn as Lee and would really not feel like walking into a job where he is not wanted by thousands of fans. 

I would look elsewhere if I were him.

22 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

Regarding Gregor saying there are "2 candidates waiting by the phone"

Screenshot_20200805-115952.thumb.png.4b08a7822b56bd4d7b45a06bab53f521.png

Presumably the two candidates are Hughton and Holden, but perhaps seeing as Holden is on holiday maybe Gregor knows there is someone else waiting too?

I’ve heard there’s more than two candidates waiting for a call.

3E2A71A4-38B1-4E59-85D2-EB147A0183FB.jpeg

25 minutes ago, mozo said:

Mr Fevs, I conversely found your summary to be grasping a bit too readily for positives, but hey we all see things differently.

no, they were the other (positive) side of the completely negative side put forward by others.  I didn’t say they were huge positives, just positives.  I’ve constantly said it wasn’t perfect / brilliant, but those were the positives (there were a few others I didn’t list too).  It certainly wasn’t shit either as some seem to insist.

For me it showed that he could get a better tune out of the players than we’d seen, with very limited time on the training ground between games.  If others can only see and comment one side of an argument, that’s fine, but I’m not black and white in the way I post, and I’ll continue to try and give balance to the discussion, especially where I feel others are not being balanced.

Can you imagine an LJ side at the time going to Swansea and passing the ball 513 times (85% success) versus Swansea’s 387 (also 85%).  We had patterns, that showed our players in a good light. It broke down with the final bit of quality.

Negatives:

• slow making subs v Stoke, having gone unchanged
  • poor quality overall in final third

Just to pick your brains (because you always give good answers), which of the candidates or names on the betting would Stoke those fires of rage within you. Were there any that would really give you the hump?
difficult to say.  Depends massively on the way it’s sold to us as fans, and whether I believe the message.

I’ve been consistent all the way through...Hughton is my number 1. Holden is down the list.

no-no’s for me are Pulis and Warnock (had he not got Boro).  Flynn I would take a helluva lot of convincing he’s right too.

The main thing that worries me is the squad that Holden will inherit if he takes over. I don't think he's the man for the job but I'll support him.

If there is no money in the coffers and seemingly Fam and Elliason are gone that does leave a very inexperienced team.

In some ways I'm really excited by the prospect of the involvement of loan players coming back and can't wait to see what they can do. On the other hand we've got a very imbalanced team that I think might struggle. All the oldest players that we have that will play a part don't strike me as leaders i.e Wells, Weimann, Baker, Watkins. It just seems like a mix of too much risk. Inexperienced manager at Champ level with young players and limited on pitch leaders could spell disaster. I'd love to be wrong of course!

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

I don't think we should discount Holden's feelings in all of this.

Yes he may have applied and been interviewed, but having seen the mass disappointment and anger from City fans all over social media at the thought of him being appointed, he may well have second thoughts.

Hopefully, he is not as arrogant and stubborn as Lee and would really not feel like walking into a job where he is not wanted by thousands of fans. 

I would look elsewhere if I were him.

Totally agree, said something similar in an earlier post. Even though, for the most part, the vitriol isn’t really directed at him, it’s got to hurt. 

31 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

Regarding Gregor saying there are "2 candidates waiting by the phone"

Screenshot_20200805-115952.thumb.png.4b08a7822b56bd4d7b45a06bab53f521.png

Presumably the two candidates are Hughton and Holden, but perhaps seeing as Holden is on holiday maybe Gregor knows there is someone else waiting too?

Or perhaps he is on holiday with a phone ?

I haven,t ploughed through 43 pages on the subject of Dean Holden possibly being our new Head Coach,  so i dont know whether this has already been muted,

but how about this for an option if it was acceptable to all parties -  Dean Holden as temporary HC for say

6 months, until Eddie Howe has taken his sabatical who then takes over as our Head Coach with Dean Holden

as his assistant. Maybe i am being naieve but that would work for me.

IF the main reason for appointing Holden is due to Covid and club potentially having less money (being reliant on “deals”) this year, then why was someone like Hughton interviewed as they would have had an informal chat with his management/team before and surely he wouldn’t have been interested if no/minimal money available. Plus it’s not like Covid has just happened, we were already 4 months into it when LJ was sacked and if this was the case why wasn’t Holden appointed then?

I really hope Gregor (he’s the only source currently) is wrong about Holden and Hughton deal has just been more problematic - they wouldn’t hold off on appointing Holden because he’s on holiday as club will have numerous press/action shots available to use, or he could fly back for what would be a huge opportunity for him. 

Archived