IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced I'll be Holden.

This is a year unlike any other. Clubs simply can't splash cash or even budget for the next 12 months.

Holden knows the squad. Transfer activity this window is likely to be minimal. He will be prepared to work within the current structure.

12 month contract. See what happens next year.

I hope I'm wrong as we don't have a decent track record of success when promoting from within (Joe Jordan the exception I can recall) but given the global climate I can see the club protecting itself financially as much as possible.

This begs the question why the farcical recruitment process and bull fed us about the new appointment. Due diligence to get the right man. What a joke. Holden's appointment would be a betrayal of the fans yet again by Lansdown. And I wonder what other club will be going for a new manager based on cost as opposed to proven achievement.

2 minutes ago, brad blit said:

IF the main reason for appointing Holden is due to Covid and club potentially having less money (being reliant on “deals”) this year, then why was someone like Hughton interviewed as they would have had an informal chat with his management/team before and surely he wouldn’t have been interested if no/minimal money available. Plus it’s not like Covid has just happened, we were already 4 months into it when LJ was sacked and if this was the case why wasn’t Holden appointed then?

I really hope Gregor (he’s the only source currently) is wrong about Holden and Hughton deal has just been more problematic - they wouldn’t hold off on appointing Holden because he’s on holiday as club will have numerous press/action shots available to use, or he could fly back for what would be a huge opportunity for him. 

I don’t believe money is the issue.  Think Gregor was trying to give a credible reason why Holden.

11 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

This begs the question why the farcical recruitment process and bull fed us about the new appointment. Due diligence to get the right man. What a joke. Holden's appointment would be a betrayal of the fans yet again by Lansdown. And I wonder what other club will be going for a new manager based on cost as opposed to proven achievement.

I don't disagree with you. More of a club justification view than anything else.

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t believe money is the issue.  Think Gregor was trying to give a credible reason why Holden.

I actually feel sorry for Gregor.  He gets stick for not posting enough, posting too much, not posting the secret identity of the coach, using the wrong font!

When there is news, it will surely be announced.

Unless.   They are planning a HUGE PR stunt?

Call a press conference. 

Announce the new coach .... Dean Holden on stage.

Then MA walks up to him ... and rips off the mask to reveal Chris Houghton!

Which will all tie in with a new launch of BCFC player gifs with a Scooby Doo theme

1 minute ago, soultrader said:

I actually feel sorry for Gregor.  He gets stick for not posting enough, posting too much, not posting the secret identity of the coach, using the wrong font!

Call a press conference. 

Which will all tie in with a new launch of BCFC player gifs with a Scooby Doo theme

you need to be thick skinned for that job and of he isnt he won't be doing it for long,

He is doing a ok job to be fair its just the shit tip he works for

6 minutes ago, soultrader said:

Call a press conference. 

Those pesky kids! :facepalm:

Too many Scooby snacks :yawn:

The money side doesn’t make much sense because surely LJ needs to be paid off? If money was truly an issue could have just kept LJ and made a statement after the season saying because of the situation there will be minimal staffing changes including the players. Or not a statement but can be put across in various interviews. Because to be honest I don’t expect much player movement because of covid. Just some decent deals like Fam and Elisson out because of contract and maybe 1-2 purchases and a free/loan player here and there. 

14 minutes ago, soultrader said:

Call a press conference. 

Nah Mission Impossible style with the voice modulator and everything, does the press conference as Holden then takes off the mask just before walking out

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Nah Mission Impossible style with the voice modulator and everything, does the press conference as Holden then takes off the mask just before walking out

on a motorbike!

For extra pazaaz

Or alternatively could just let DH and CH duel it out?

On the finance side, perhaps we were waiting for the EFL to confirm a suspension of FFP for 2019/20 and 2020/21.....but we've now got wind that this is unlikely (Ashton has close ties) and consequently we need to cut our cloth accordingly?

1 minute ago, RedEd73 said:

On the finance side, perhaps we were waiting for the EFL to confirm a suspension of FFP for 2019/20 and 2020/21.....but we've now got wind that this is unlikely (Ashton has close ties) and consequently we need to cut our cloth accordingly?

Vote on salary cap delayed until Friday.

21 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

Holden would surely have been announced by now or are City waiting for a bad news day!! I can only see him being appointed if we have explored every avenue of interest to the club and there being no alternative, nice feeling for Dean if that happens.

Maybe SL and MA are waiting to see what present DH brings them back from his holiday?

Crap pressie = P45

Good pressie = Gold Pen for signing a shiny new contract

3 hours ago, Bcfcbackwell said:

We all want Hughton but we have something called COVID at the moment, income will  be drastically reduced. It’s SL’s call, a tough decision to be made. I just can’t understand some of the very negative comments & hysterics on this Forum, very sad. 

Covid has been around for months, since the beginning of the process. I’d have understood it if Holden had been appointed quickly.

But to chase everyone else and end up with him after 5 weeks is ridiculous.

Holden now 1/3 on.... Skybet

That's as short as it gets... Get ready for the endless bullshit about his outstanding qualities and perfect DNA... 

Sickening thought... Can't face the reality of this. Genuinely gutted.

He couldn't even get the Oldham job following a disaster interim performance

Are we saying we cant attract managers like cook? Lowe ? Howe? McCarthy? Robins?

Are we really that toothless and limp. Have we really resorted to promoting the second in command of a team that ultimately failed?

This is beyond pathetic. I don't buy that we couldn't secure a better manager. It looks like we've gone for a yes man that knows how we work.

SL money has been our saviour. However, if this decision sits with him, I can't accept we have a competant board. It's beyond shambolic

I hope I'm wrong, over reacting, and SL pulls it out the bag

I just can't face the waffle from MA and SL, follpwed by two years of "it's not his team yet" "we are building for the future"

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

My opinion, perhaps you’re too easy to find negatives ??‍♂️

I'll be into my 50th season following City so I have had a lot of experience of negativity, it used to annoy me when I was a kid and my old dad used to say 'the City will always let you down' I can feel his pain now when he said it. ?

Just now, Matthew me said:

Holden now 1/3 on.... Skybet

That's as short as it gets... Get ready for the endless bullshit about his outstanding qualities and perfect DNA... 

Sickening thought... Can't face the reality of this. Genuinely gutted.

He couldn't even get the Oldham job following a disaster interim performance

Are we saying we cant attract managers like cook? Lowe ? Howe? McCarthy? Robins?

Are we really that toothless and limp. Have we really resorted to promoting the second in command of a team that ultimately failed?

This is beyond pathetic. I don't buy that we couldn't secure a better manager. It looks like we've gone for a yes man that knows how we work.

SL money has been our saviour. However, if this decision sits with him, I can't accept we have a competant board. It's beyond shambolic

I hope I'm wrong, over reacting, and SL pulls it out the bag

I just can't face the waffle from MA and SL, follpwed by two years of "it's not his team yet" "we are building for the future"

As much as I’ve been checking odds, they mean nothing, Paul Cook was favourite at 1/5 yesterday and Gregor said earlier today that it won’t be him as he’s having time off

The recent Bristol Post article suggests that Hughton and Holden are still in the running and awaiting a second interview (god knows what the boards been doing for 5 weeks) so let’s all hope all that uproar from the fans will lead to a change of plans and going for the manager with 2 promotions 

we can only hope...

Just now, Galway Red said:

I'll be into my 50th season following City so I have had a lot of experience of negativity, it used to annoy me when I was a kid and my old dad used to say 'the City will always let you down' I can feel his pain now when he said it. ?

8 more years than me.

My first game was 1-0 v Liverpool in 78.  Second game was 5-0 v Cov on Boxing Day. It peaked rather quickly for me ?

Just back from my lunchtime walk which takes in the Gate. No sign of Hughton or a personalised number plate indicating he was there. No Holden skipping alongside the Lansdown in ecstasy but Scotty Murray was there with his trusty van.  He DID seem happy.....Murray for Gaffer??

Archived