IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

As much as I’ve been checking odds, they mean nothing, Paul Cook was favourite at 1/5 yesterday and Gregor said earlier today that it won’t be him as he’s having time off

The recent Bristol Post article suggests that Hughton and Holden are still in the running and awaiting a second interview (god knows what the boards been doing for 5 weeks) so let’s all hope all that uproar from the fans will lead to a change of plans and going for the manager with 2 promotions 

we can only hope...

Indeed we can, fingers crossed fellow reds

4 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

If Holden becomes Head Coach, I fully expect us to be competing in League 1 in 21/22.

In reality, I think he's already been told that he's got the job.

Agreed. The ingredients are there - long serving manager, replaced by assistant. I think we will really struggle

1 minute ago, 42nite said:

Well, it's plainly obvious what it's going to be about.

Why click on it then start whinging?

Think the point is with regards to the original poster, over the last couple of weeks has started numerous new threads despite often not adding anything new to whats already in the threads relating to the subject

Just now, Matthew me said:

Let's hope someone at the club reads it!

Annoys me how we keep merging or hiding comments under one banner 

Because it clogs the forum and means other threads on different topics people may want to read could get missed 

4 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

Annoys me more having 300 threads on the same subject.

• The title was changed to Dean Holden (Merged)
7 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

Because that’s the rules of the forum. Do a search first. If you’re too lazy to do that expect your thread to be merged with an existing one. 

3 minutes ago, TomF said:

Annoys me more having 300 threads on the same subject.

Tom has spoken!!!

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Because that’s the rules of the forum. Do a search first. If you’re too lazy to do that expect your thread to be merged with an existing one. 

Tom has spoken!!!

Well I didn't merge it but yeah It's pretty chaotic on here atm

4 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Hasn’t Scott Parker just got promoted with Fulham in his 1st full season as manager? Experience/cheap option is not always a bad thing. 

Yeah but he had 2 city Bristolian academy products in his first XI.

Even City don't have that! 

4 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Hasn’t Scott Parker just got promoted with Fulham in his 1st full season as manager? Experience/cheap option is not always a bad thing. 

Check out their squad, which is rammed with talent and arguably should have been in the top 2 at least.

Does that count as an underachievement?  

Just now, Rocky said:

Check out their squad, which is rammed with talent and arguably should have been in the top 2 at least.

Does that count as an underachievement?  

Thats not what people are saying though. The whole point is no experience in a manager = failure

6 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

It’s a silly straw man argument. No one is saying it’s impossible, just far more likely with a proven operator like Hughton.

Also, Fulham have a much stronger squad with whom you’d expect promotion.

5 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Remember Tinnion, Millen... IF, as now sadly seems likely, Holden is given the job it is to me a stupefying decision after a month of deliberation. 

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s a silly straw man argument. No one is saying it’s impossible, just far more likely with a proven operator like Hughton.

Also, Fulham have a much stronger squad with whom you’d expect promotion.

Of course it’s far more likely but it can be done. I understand the frustration but To be dead against a possible new manager before any football is played is hard to get

Just now, ChubStixx said:

The fact that we haven't heard anything about Korey Smith gives me hope that a new man is incoming, who'll then have that decision to make.

I think it's fairly universally accepted that a new man is incoming - what year that may be though is anyone's guess!

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Remember Tinnion, Millen... IF, as now sadly seems likely, Holden is given the job it is to me a stupefying decision after a month of deliberation. 

Yeah i do but that does not mean holden will be the same? 

41 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I'm back. 10k around the docks. What have I missed :city:

Quite a lot buddy. Hughton was appointed on a 4 year deal, but then we all had a change of heart and picketed Ashton Gate for Holden to be brought back into the reckoning. The board acquiesced and have stated it will take a non-specific amount of time to review the situation.

7 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

No offence my fellow fan, but these statements really bug me. 

Just now, mozo said:

Quite a lot buddy. Hughton was appointed on a 4 year deal, but then we all had a change of heart and picketed Ashton Gate for Holden to be brought back into the reckoning. The board acquiesced and have stated it will take a non-specific amount of time to review the situation.

No offence my fellow fan, but these statements really bug me. 

No offence taken because i couldn’t care less. Does it bug you because it’s true and it goes against the arguments being made and how outraged people are?

1 minute ago, GTFABM said:

Of course it’s far more likely but it can be done. I understand the frustration but To be dead against a possible new manager before any football is played is hard to get

These statements really bug me too @mozo

How is it hard to get why Chris Hughton would be a preferable appointment to Dean Holden for a club with the stated aim of promotion from one of the most competitive leagues in the world?

2 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Not when we’ve been linked with high profile and proven names, you can totally understand why fans are furious.

We also have an appalling track record with internal appointments so it’s no wonder people are dubious.

I think it would be a terrible choice to appoint Holden, partly for the anger from the fans.

Just now, Red Exile said:

These statements really bug me too @mozo

How is it hard to get why Chris Hughton would be a preferable appointment to Dean Holden for a club with the stated aim of promotion from one of the most competitive leagues in the world?

Yes it’s preferable of course it is.... but for whatever reason that looks unlikely. People act on here that the ONLY reason is because it’s a cheap option. I would love to know how people know this as fact and won’t hear any other possibility

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

After having arguably the best squad in the league on crazy wages.

So Chris Hughton got newcastle and brighton promoted with bang average players???? He did not. So he only did the exact same thing Parker has done at Fulham in his 1st job

Archived