IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I think you’ll be surprised.  Yes, a few people will throw their toys out of their prams, but most supporters will just keep on coming (assuming we can).  Remember Pulis?  I can’t think of an appointment more liable to cause a revolt, but nothing happened, aside from many people hating him.  I think if Holden is appointed, many supporters will be disappointed, but they’ll listen to what he has to say and give him a chance.

Not this time, not 1 person ive spoken too want him, the reaction on Facebook the post here and twitter gives a better indication and I've seen little support on that front ether,

12 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

So because a billionaire who decided to buy a football club with his huge wealth. We all have to accept his decisions and not have an opinion about it . 

Don't worry I'm planning on going to watch Bath or Clevedon if he's appointed as well as cancelling my season ticket,

As are most of my friends and family

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Don't worry I'm planning on going to watch Bath or Clevedon if he's appointed as well as cancelling my season ticket,

As are most of my friends and family

Robins foundation. Season tickets . Merchandise will all stop . I will cut my cloth accordingly as the club are doing 

3 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

It is well known that Lansdown and Ashton like YES men.

They don’t give two sh*ts what the fans think about this. We are just punters nowadays. All a bit predictable IMO especially when this is a pivotal decision for the future of the club.

You assume they like YES men because it suits your opinion, in reality they’re businessmen and they like MONEY - which comes from success, just not at all costs risking the progress we’ve made in the last 10 years or so  

We always were just punters even back in the ‘60s when I first went AG, and it was the working class in the standing areas and business men (suits..?) in the best seats in the ground.

They do consider fans opinions but they are the ones with the power and the responsibility to take us forward in the way they think is best for everyone - not just to suit a few classless kids painting on some scabby old bedsheets. 

With the current COVID situation many clubs are fearful of the unknown in respect of income and funds for transfers so as SL is a money man - who despite already ‘giving’ us millions , would probably prefer not to risk losing money at this time so I think it will be Dean Holden. 

26 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I think you’ll be surprised.  Yes, a few people will throw their toys out of their prams, but most supporters will just keep on coming (assuming we can).  Remember Pulis?  I can’t think of an appointment more liable to cause a revolt, but nothing happened, aside from many people hating him.  I think if Holden is appointed, many supporters will be disappointed, but they’ll listen to what he has to say and give him a chance.

And that's why the club can basically do as they please

3 minutes ago, Desso said:

Proper BCFCsupporter then?

Yes I wouldnt of wasted thousands on the club if I wasn't,

I dont want holden. Weve done it so many times and its never worked,

We are being treated with contempt and taken for granted 

3 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

IF it is DH then surely the contract will only be a 1 year rolling contract to steady the ship through Coronavirus, and then appoint a Top Man when the Pandemic is over.....on the other hand, this is Bristol City

I’m not sure that’s going to get everyone fired up for next season.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

There are so many examples of unproven managers doing such brilliant jobs.

I think its fair to point out those that do. Hughton really might not suit us.

But our success rate with unproven managers is poor.

It's insane to repeat over and over 

27 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

They can always go and find another club to support if they aren't happy with the decisions made by man whose spent tens of millions on the club i

Let's drop the money elements...

Is about competantcy and it appears we lack that. Money only goes so far.

3 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

You assume they like YES men because it suits your opinion, in reality they’re businessmen and they like MONEY - which comes from success, just not at all costs risking the progress we’ve made in the last 10 years or so  

We always were just punters even back in the ‘60s when I first went AG, and it was the working class in the standing areas and business men (suits..?) in the best seats in the ground.

They do consider fans opinions but they are the ones with the power and the responsibility to take us forward in the way they think is best for everyone - not just to suit a few classless kids painting on some scabby old bedsheets. 

With the current COVID situation many clubs are fearful of the unknown in respect of income and funds for transfers so as SL is a money man - who despite already ‘giving’ us millions , would probably prefer not to risk losing money at this time so I think it will be Dean Holden. 

Why did they sack lee Johnson then???? I get the austerity / COVID argument. But it falls down as surely Johnson was sacked for failing to make the playoffs. Fans then think we are going to bring in a man who can break us into the top 6, but oh no we are going to appoint the assistant who has been here for some of the most dull footy ever witnessed down the gate.

if we are watching the purse strings who better to steer us through COVID and whatever comes but Johnson. Absolutely brainless stuff.

1 minute ago, Crackers Corner said:

So you genuinely believe that anyone on a forum who disagrees with the clubs approach should support another team?

No the post I was replying to said there would be a fan revolt everyone has an opinion but to be constantly attacking the board and the owner hanging banners up basically having a meltdown  is something I don't endorse. If Holden gets the job he obviously interviewed very well and they have decided its in the best interests of the club at this present time  Hughton may have asked for too much money and the club couldn't afford it we weren't there at the interviews, if it is Holden give him a chance and support the club that's what I will be doing 

33 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

I actually think that on this occasions thousands will rebel and be very unhappy. Some will give him a chance. A huge majority won’t 

Nah, they’ll sit at their keyboards tapping out rubbish for a few weeks, then buy the feed if results are OK.

19 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Not this time, not 1 person ive spoken too want him, the reaction on Facebook the post here and twitter gives a better indication and I've seen little support on that front ether,

There really won't be.

There will be the usual bedwettters on here and Facebook saying they will cancel season tickets and support a local non league team but in reality they won't. 

13 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

Respect for sticking with the club for so long...I started watching in 1969...but I hate to say that 10 years ago we finished 10th in the Championship...we've dropped 2 places.

24 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

IF it is DH then surely the contract will only be a 1 year rolling contract to steady the ship through Coronavirus, and then appoint a Top Man when the Pandemic is over.....on the other hand, this is Bristol City

Now you know it will be a 4 year contract that is extended after the first run of good results!

Someone that I know has contacts within Ashton Gate has been told that it looks nailed on for Holden.

To me, if true, it shows that Lansdown speak with forked tongue. Publicly states that he want Premier League for City but will not employ the best available.

Yet another cheap and easy choice.

Does it matter? 
Leeds, West Brom, Brentford and Fulham miles better than us.

Cardiff, Swansea, Forest better than us

Preston, Derby, Millwall about the same.

Don’t care who was manager, current squad is not good enough.

Think of our squad and name those who would get in the top 4 teams. 

oh, sorry. Callum O’Dowda ............

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Someone that I know has contacts within Ashton Gate has been told that it looks nailed on for Holden.

To me, if true, it shows that Lansdown speak with forked tongue. Publicly states that he want Premier League for City but will not employ the best available.

Yet another cheap and easy choice.

Depressing if confirmed. Given the public statements weeks back and the time that has passed it would be an extraordinary choice.

16 minutes ago, !james said:

There really won't be.

There will be the usual bedwettters on here and Facebook saying they will cancel season tickets and support a local non league team but in reality they won't. 

I wouldn't be so sure I've already done so the last few years not buying a season ticket instead Ive brought a membership and picked games but that won't even happen if Holdens appointed!! 

Archived