IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Why did they sack lee Johnson then???? I get the austerity / COVID argument. But it falls down as surely Johnson was sacked for failing to make the playoffs. Fans then think we are going to bring in a man who can break us into the top 6, but oh no we are going to appoint the assistant who has been here for some of the most dull footy ever witnessed down the gate.

if we are watching the purse strings who better to steer us through COVID and whatever comes but Johnson. Absolutely brainless stuff.

Yes i also understand the Covid argument and the need for stability, I probably would prefer Holden to LJ though, a fresh face if nothing else, who knows maybe he'll work wonders, maybe not,  I'm probably not as disappointed as I should be, sort of past that now, season on TV anyway probably ... just get on with it really ...

My absolutely outsider opinion is that Holden is not up to the task of  head coaching a Championship team. His few games for me seemed like a show performance and that game against Swansea tactically was one of the most unprofessional  game I've ever seen. I felt embarassed during those last 25 minutes. The Boro game was a 'new coach push' and during the games it seemed that after 70 mins stamina wore off and he was unable to shake up the game. But this is just my personal opinion.

On the other hand if I was in Holden' shoes I would've punched this McGregor guy after the second time he asked about future coaching of Bristol City. And still he managed to ask it on EVERY pre / post presser an i***t.

21 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Nah, they’ll sit at their keyboards tapping out rubbish for a few weeks, then buy the feed if results are OK.

Think I would ask and try to get a refund on my season ticket, he’s been part of the problem, which you could see in a few of those games when he was in charge, looked very much like the Johnson performances we’ve seen for most of the season.

I am all for people being given the chance, but the bloke doesn’t fill me with confidence, with performances and his interviews after the match, but this is  Bristol City and it’s an easy option for them, not one that I think would get the fans excited, or to encourage more to buy season tickets, or go and watch. Might be wrong, only time will tell.

46 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Not this time, not 1 person ive spoken too want him, the reaction on Facebook the post here and twitter gives a better indication and I've seen little support on that front ether,

Is there a difference between not wanting him and him not being their no1, no2, etc choice.

I think a lot will depend on how he is presented to us (assuming he gets it).  If it’s all BS and smarm from MA, then it isn’t going to go down well. I’m not saying that is acceptable, but it’s not one for MA to use @CodeRedas his speech writer is it? ?

Finally, what if Holden’s backed with the right signings?  If it was Benkovic back on loan, Brewster from Liverpool doesn’t suddenly change things?

3 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Just think, the tantrum brigade give up their SC, we then have a promotion season and one in the Premiership, both with restricted attendances. And because number of ST’s exceeds capacity, no new ones are issued.

You lost me at promotion season ?

Just now, Davefevs said:

Is there a difference between not wanting him and him not being their no1, no2, etc choice.

I think a lot will depend on how he is presented to us (assuming he gets it).  If it’s all BS and smarm from MA, then it isn’t going to go down well. I’m not saying that is acceptable, but it’s not one for MA to use @CodeRedas his speech writer is it? ?

Finally, what if Holden’s backed with the right signings?  If it was Benkovic back on loan, Brewster from Liverpool doesn’t suddenly change things?

He won't be in charge of signings 

5 minutes ago, mossey said:

Think I would ask and try to get a refund on my season ticket, he’s been part of the problem, which you could see in a few of those games when he was in charge, looked very much like the Johnson performances we’ve seen for most of the season.

I am all for people being given the chance, but the bloke doesn’t fill me with confidence, with performances and his interviews after the match, but this is  Bristol City and it’s an easy option for them, not one that I think would get the fans excited, or to encourage more to buy season tickets, or go and watch. Might be wrong, only time will tell.

You can't get a refund on a season ticket unfortunately. Its stated in the terms and conditions. 

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree tbh, Ashton has pulled out some surprisingly good signings/ sell ons, he has brought some decent money into the club which I think this is overlooked somewhat. My only hope is that if Dean is appointed and if he does terribly (well any head coach for that matter) that the board are more decisive in their future firing/ recruitment policy.

5 minutes ago, Hunsupport said:

My absolutely outsider opinion is that Holden is not up to the task of  head coaching a Championship team. His few games for me seemed like a show performance and that game against Swansea tactically was one of the most unprofessional  game I've ever seen. I felt embarassed during those last 25 minutes. The Boro game was a 'new coach push' and during the games it seemed that after 70 mins stamina wore off and he was unable to shake up the game. But this is just my personal opinion.

On the other hand if I was in Holden' shoes I would've punched this McGregor guy after the second time he asked about future coaching of Bristol City. And still he managed to ask it on EVERY pre / post presser an i***t.

The most Unprofessional game you’ve ever seen?

All game?

Or just the last 25 minutes....when he went shit or bust, 1-0 down in a game where a result would still give us an outside chance of playoffs.  A period where within 34 seconds are going gung-ho, we earned a penalty to have the chance to grab an equaliser!!

I might be in the minority, I was post-match, but I still don’t know what other options he had, other than go for it.  Should he have just carried on as we were and end up losing 1-0 with a whimper?

For 65 minutes we actually outpassed Swansea, but let ourselves down in the final third.

So what if it the final 25 he went 4312, but with many attacking players on the pitch.  He had nothing to lose.

He might not be the right man, but I saw a caretaker manager do a decent job in 5 games, who picked up a few results that didn’t look like happening under LJ, who had taken us on a 9 game winless run....a worse run than Hull City were on..  The criticism of the job he did is unwarranted.  It’s not his fault the board have failed to appoint someone and left us in a position where he is being considered.  If he gets the job (I don’t think he should get it either) it’s the failings of those above him.

30 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Someone that I know has contacts within Ashton Gate has been told that it looks nailed on for Holden.

To me, if true, it shows that Lansdown speak with forked tongue. Publicly states that he want Premier League for City but will not employ the best available.

Yet another cheap and easy choice.

Him big chief with words of iron and fire in his belly.

It will be Hughton.

22 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Someone that I know has contacts within Ashton Gate has been told that it looks nailed on for Holden.

To me, if true, it shows that Lansdown speak with forked tongue. Publicly states that he want Premier League for City but will not employ the best available.

Yet another cheap and easy choice.

Like Fulham then, appointed a highly experienced international manager who had won the PL, got rid in a few months to appoint from within someone who had no management experience in the hope that he’d get them to the PL in his first full season in charge; wonder how that went ?

For the record I am not necessarily in the DH in camp but I’d be happier if CH / PC or whoever else had a “I can guarantee to get you into the PL tattoo”

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The most Unprofessional game you’ve ever seen?

All game?

Or just the last 25 minutes....when he went shit or bust, 1-0 down in a game where a result would still give us an outside chance of playoffs.  A period where within 34 seconds are going gung-ho, we earned a penalty to have the chance to grab an equaliser!!

I might be in the minority, I was post-match, but I still don’t know what other options he had, other than go for it.  Should he have just carried on as we were and end up losing 1-0 with a whimper?

For 65 minutes we actually outpassed Swansea, but let ourselves down in the final third.

So what if it the final 25 he went 4312, but with many attacking players on the pitch.  He had nothing to lose.

He might not be the right man, but I saw a caretaker manager do a decent job in 5 games, who picked up a few results that didn’t look like happening under LJ, who had taken us on a 9 game winless run....a worse run than Hull City were on..  The criticism of the job he did is unwarranted.  It’s not his fault the board have failed to appoint someone and left us in a position where he is being considered.  If he gets the job (I don’t think he should get it either) it’s the failings of those above him.

Still my opinion stands, for me it seemed very embarassing  throwing on all the attackers like kids do. We can have very different opinions, this 3-0-7 looked everything but professional that time. Not that I loved LJ's approach because that was farcical at times but Holden's definitely seemed a 'Showtime baby' approach more for himself than for the players.

8 minutes ago, Hunsupport said:

Still my opinion stands, for me it seemed very embarassing  throwing on all the attackers like kids do. We can have very different opinions, this 3-0-7 looked everything but professional that time. Not that I loved LJ's approach because that was farcical at times but Holden's definitely seemed a 'Showtime baby' approach more for himself than for the players.

I’ve seen much better managers than we’re discussing do it!

23 minutes ago, Floatn Over said:

Like Fulham then, appointed a highly experienced international manager who had won the PL, got rid in a few months to appoint from within someone who had no management experience in the hope that he’d get them to the PL in his first full season in charge; wonder how that went ?

For the record I am not necessarily in the DH in camp but I’d be happier if CH / PC or whoever else had a “I can guarantee to get you into the PL tattoo”

Scott Parker?

Oh what a genius, however did he mastermind the relegation from the premier league then a return via the playoffs based on Premier League money.

we’re like peas in a pod ?

11 minutes ago, Hunsupport said:

I’m not saying your opinion doesn’t stand, but from what you’re saying it was the final 25 minutes that was unprofessional....not the whole game?

Just now, Davefevs said:

I’m not saying your opinion doesn’t stand, but from what you’re saying it was the final 25 minutes that was unprofessional....not the whole game?

Yep, that was purely kids thinking from the bench. Changing the scoreline őurely by throwing all the attacking players on. And for me a professional coach doesn't do that.

5 minutes ago, Nugget said:

If Holden appointed but allows budget for a top notch signing alongside would you take it? Vs Hughton and having to work with what we have?

Hughton every day of the week.

A good manager makes what he already has better, he doesn’t just buy to do so.

Mick McCarthy has been doing this for years & to be fair to him, Warnock has too..

Archived