IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, !james said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/renew-your-season-card-for-202021/

Mentioned here on the FAQs, point 10. I guess the T&C's will be from the Bristol Sport site when you purchase your season ticket. 

Thanks. Although for understandable reasons it doesn't address the current situation! 

Imagining there will be a match streaming offer.

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Thanks. Although for understandable reasons it doesn't address the current situation! 

As a minimum they will have to offer a pro Rata refund as last season for games we cannot attend, To be honest as it stands a don’t give  a s..t if it’s Holden they can stuff it.

12 minutes ago, Nugget said:

If Holden appointed but allows budget for a top notch signing alongside would you take it? Vs Hughton and having to work with what we have?

That's a great question Nugget!

Maybe Holden & Dack vs Hughton and none?

Or Holden & Toney? 

(Trying to keep it realisticish!)

7 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Not a chance in hell I’m taking anything other than a pro rata refund this time around for the time we can’t attend games. 

Fool me once....

6 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Well a whole load of us have received pro rata refunds for the recent games. I can't see it being any different for the forthcoming season.

50 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Just think, the tantrum brigade give up their SC, we then have a promotion season and one in the Premiership, both with restricted attendances. And because number of ST’s exceeds capacity, no new ones are issued.

I’ve heard this time and time again from my mates, I stopped going 2 years ago. I haven’t missed going whatsoever, it’s not enjoyable anymore, there is plenty of other football out there that is!

There is no way City will get promoted without experience in our dugout. The last 4 years have shown this, Johnson, Holden and McCalister have been like rabbits in headlights when things aren’t going to plan.

If it is Holden, nothing will change, unless he is willing and able to bring in an older head with know how and experience. But I very much doubt he will be allowed to, as SL seems to think experience only works in the boardroom. 

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Hughton every day of the week.

A good manager makes what he already has better, he doesn’t just buy to do so.

Mick McCarthy has been doing this for years & to be fair to him, Warnock has too..

I agree with you. However if DH gets the job and then we have a stellar transfer window, things may not see quite so bad...

1 minute ago, Frenchay Red said:

Well a whole load of us have received pro rata refunds for the recent games. I can't see it being any different for the forthcoming season.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not a chance in hell I’m taking anything other than a pro rata refund this time around for the time we can’t attend games. 

Fool me once....

All I can think is that the matches aren't being cancelled this time, and I guess they could argue that we can find a way of letting us watch them? 

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

What top notch signing is going to want to play for Dean Who?

Roverz signed a decent midfielder this week by all accounts. Couldn't of seen that a few months ago. You never know, funny old game as they say...

31 minutes ago, Hunsupport said:

Still my opinion stands, for me it seemed very embarassing  throwing on all the attackers like kids do. We can have very different opinions, this 3-0-7 looked everything but professional that time. Not that I loved LJ's approach because that was farcical at times but Holden's definitely seemed a 'Showtime baby' approach more for himself than for the players.

It did all seem a little 'Barry Fry' 

Just now, sludge said:

I agree with you. However if DH gets the job and then we have a stellar transfer window, things may not see quite so bad...

It doesn’t matter how good the players you sign are, if the bloke in charge doesn’t know how to use them. 
Which has been the case for the last four years!

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

It doesn’t matter how good the players you sign are, if the bloke in charge doesn’t know how to use them. 
Which has been the case for the last four years!

Agreed, although DH wasn't the man in charge for the last 4 years. How much he was to blame I guess we'll never know but certainly has to be partly responsible I would agree. 

10 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

All I can think is that the matches aren't being cancelled this time, and I guess they could argue that we can find a way of letting us watch them? 

There were postponements and then games played without supporters.

This will likely happen again, (no spectators) until a limited number may be allowed to attend. Bound to be some refunds on offer, even if buried in small print!!?

Option 4 anyone?

8 hours ago, Bcfcbackwell said:

We all want Hughton but we have something called COVID at the moment, income will  be drastically reduced. It’s SL’s call, a tough decision to be made. I just can’t understand some of the very negative comments & hysterics on this Forum, very sad. 

How many times do people have to explain it.

we were in the midst of a global pandemic when LJ was sacked. Also in the middle of a pandemic when Steve Lansdown proclaimed he wanted a manger to take us to the next level and premier league football ASAP . Also during covid , he actively tried to prize Steven Gerrard from rangers and interview Chris Hughton .
He did all this knowing better than any of us how finances would be affected . 
So after raising expectations through the roof by HIS OWN actions . He’s now seemingly , not going to bother with a manager to take us to the next level at all , but one with no experience what so ever .

If you can’t understand why people are pissed off after all that then that’s a big worry.  

8 minutes ago, sludge said:

We had struggles attracting the right players to the club with LJ in charge - are people really naive enough to think with Dean bloody Holden in charge ‘’stellar’’ signings are going to want to come to BCFC? Some of you are deluded.

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

we were in the midst of a global pandemic when LJ was sacked. Also in the middle of a pandemic when Steve Lansdown proclaimed he wanted a manger to take us to the next level and premier league football ASAP . Also during covid , he actively tried to prize Steven Gerrard from rangers and interview Chris Hughton .
So after raising expectations through the roof by HIS OWN actions . He’s now seemingly , not going to bother with a manager to take us to the next level at all , but one with no experience what so ever .

If you can’t understand why people are pissed off after all that then that’s a big worry.  

******* amen ?

1 hour ago, Matthew me said:

Let's drop the money elements...

Is about competantcy and it appears we lack that. Money only goes 

If it is holden how on earth is he going to last with the current squad, we look like we dont have a solid starting 11 as we have so many players for all sorts of formations. I can't see Dean holden getting enough time to make his mark on the squad or getting the support he would need to turn this around. It looks like we are about to lose some key players such as eliason. 

2 minutes ago, bris red said:

We had struggles attracting the right players to the club with LJ in charge - are people really naive enough to think with Dean bloody Holden in charge ‘’stellar’’ signings are going to want to come to BCFC? Some of you are deluded.

Maybe not. I just think it's a little premature to have a meltdown before the bloke has even been announced as the new head coach. Just my view. 

Gregor saying DH is on holiday.

If this is correct and the club want him as head coach then surely he would be in Bristol, photo shoot, up on the roof, interviewed and so on in readyness for pre season next week?

Something just aint adding up here.

If an announcement was to be made then surely it has to be this week???

4 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

If this is correct and the club want him as head coach then surely he would be in Bristol, photo shoot, up on the roof, interviewed and so on in readyness for pre season next week?

They wouldn't dare put him on the roof 

10 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I agree with the sentiment 100 percent. I'm not convinced that we did pursue Gerrard though. Gerrard's denial was pretty unambiguous. The statement by SL about taking us to the next level was equally unambiguous and makes your point without needing to venture into areas that are debatable. 

5 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Nothing adds up.

Gregor also reckoned that Hughton & Holden hadn’t even had their second interviews yet.

This has taken 5 weeks so far & the apparent two front runners haven’t had a 2nd interview?

What the ****? 

Also, what could we possibly find out about Holden in a second interview (bearing in mind he has been at the club for 4 years) that we didn’t already know?

A total shambles.

1 minute ago, Colemanballs said:

I agree with the sentiment 100 percent. I'm not convinced that we did pursue Gerrard though. Gerrard's denial was pretty unambiguous. The statement by SL about taking us to the next level was equally unambiguous and makes your point without needing to venture into areas that are debatable. 

Gerards quote was unambiguous in that he hadn't spoken to anyone himself, but he wouldn't have needed to - the suggestion was that his agents (which I seem to recall were the same as LJ) had been spoken with.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Nothing adds up.

Gregor also reckoned that Hughton & Holden hadn’t even had their second interviews yet.

This has taken 5 weeks so far & the apparent two front runners haven’t had a 2nd interview?

What the ****? 

Also, what could we possibly find out about Holden in a second interview (bearing in mind he has been at the club for 4 years) that we didn’t already know?

A total shambles.

I think Gregor has been fed bad info. I just can’t fathom us being so incompetent as to have only had first interviews at this stage. The Holden on holiday thing doesn’t add up either.

5 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Gerards quote was unambiguous in that he hadn't spoken to anyone himself, but he wouldn't have needed to - the suggestion was that his agents (which I seem to recall were the same as LJ) had been spoken with.

Nope. He specifically said that City hadn't spoken to 'my people'. 

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Nothing adds up.

What the ****? 

A total shambles.

I was thinking the same why does Holden need a second interview? If they don't know him after 4 years I'm really concerned but to even interview him anyway is beyond belief!

Archived