IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Nothing adds up.

Gregor also reckoned that Hughton & Holden hadn’t even had their second interviews yet.

This has taken 5 weeks so far & the apparent two front runners haven’t had a 2nd interview?

What the ****? 

Also, what could we possibly find out about Holden in a second interview (bearing in mind he has been at the club for 4 years) that we didn’t already know?

A total shambles.

3 minutes ago, Street red said:

I was thinking the same why does Holden need a second interview? If they don't know him after 4 years I'm really concerned but to even interview him anyway is beyond belief!

Why do either need a second interview?  It’s either sort out the hymn sheets with Hughton or appoint Holden.  I’ve been defending Holden, but only in terms of his 5 game run, not in terms of appointing him.  It should never be “get Hughton otherwise it’s Holden”.

If Hughton and City can’t reach an agreement, there is no way Holden should be the next in line, a back-up.  That’s the scandal with this.  It shows a level of incompetence from the board.

If they couldn’t tie down Hughton earlier they should’ve moved on.  If they still hadn’t appointed anyone by a given data and he was still available, then maybe reach out again.  But you wonder who they’ve turned down in the list that starts with Hughton (or Gerrard) and ends with Holden.

Are there many who actually think we will get what most want rather than what the ONE wants, now it maybe slightly possible that both want the same but be sure he will get what he wants .....because he can; our wishes matter not.

Is Steve even in the country atm? or is he on a beach somewhere..... like most of the rest of our club. He knows whos next manager just aint telling us atm.

Thousands of posts are a bit of a waste of time.....until he shows his hand.

19 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Nothing adds up.

Gregor also reckoned that Hughton & Holden hadn’t even had their second interviews yet.

This has taken 5 weeks so far & the apparent two front runners haven’t had a 2nd interview?

What the ****? 

Also, what could we possibly find out about Holden in a second interview (bearing in mind he has been at the club for 4 years) that we didn’t already know?

A total shambles.

What is Gregor doing regurgitating things his so called sources have said without maybe thinking these same questions himself before posting them?

41 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

How many times do people have to explain it.

we were in the midst of a global pandemic when LJ was sacked. Also in the middle of a pandemic when Steve Lansdown proclaimed he wanted a manger to take us to the next level and premier league football ASAP . Also during covid , he actively tried to prize Steven Gerrard from rangers and interview Chris Hughton .
He did all this knowing better than any of us how finances would be affected . 
So after raising expectations through the roof by HIS OWN actions . He’s now seemingly , not going to bother with a manager to take us to the next level at all , but one with no experience what so ever .

If you can’t understand why people are pissed off after all that then that’s a big worry.  

When Lansdown went on Talksport and made the statements you refer to he clearly felt that the process to acquire the next manager was going to play out a lot differently than it has done to date otherwise he wouldn’t have made them. There was no confusion over what was said, he made clear what the plan was/is.

I can only think something has gone belly up in the interim and the club, knowing the reaction to the appointment of a member of backroom staff as manager, are literally dithering on what to do next.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Why do either need a second interview?  It’s either sort out the hymn sheets with Hughton or appoint Holden.  I’ve been defending Holden, but only in terms of his 5 game run, not in terms of appointing him.  It should never be “get Hughton otherwise it’s Holden”.

If Hughton and City can’t reach an agreement, there is no way Holden should be the next in line, a back-up.  That’s the scandal with this.  It shows a level of incompetence from the board.

If they couldn’t tie down Hughton earlier they should’ve moved on.  If they still hadn’t appointed anyone by a given data and he was still available, then maybe reach out again.  But you wonder who they’ve turned down in the list that starts with Hughton (or Gerrard) and ends with Holden.

I can sort of see the point of a second discussion with Hughton (though it seems completely ludicrous it apparently hasn’t already happened).

Potentially finding out if he is willing to work solely with the existing coaching staff (my guess is not), that he can only spend what he generates, the infamous who has overall responsibility for transfers, are all things that possibly could still need some clarification.

I find the idea that we are even considering appointing Holden incredible, but if we are, I cannot think of a single question we would need to ask him.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

When Lansdown went on Talksport and made the statements you refer to he clearly felt that the process to acquire the next manager was going to play out a lot differently than it has done to date otherwise he wouldn’t have made them. There was no confusion over what was said, he made clear what the plan was/is.

I can only think something has gone belly up in the interim and the club, knowing the reaction to the appointment of backroom staff, are literally dithering on what to do next.

Panicking I reckon.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

I can sort of see the point of a second discussion with Hughton (though it seems completely ludicrous it apparently hasn’t already happened).

Potentially finding out if he is willing to work solely with the existing coaching staff (my guess is not), that he can only spend what he generates, the infamous who has overall responsibility for transfers, are all things that potentially could still need some clarification.

I find the idea that we are even considering appointing Holden incredible, but if we are, I cannot think of a single question we would need to ask him.

Surely the questions you raise should have been discussed at the FIRST interview!! To be fair most of us could answer them on behalf of Chris Hughton without even having to ask the bloke..........

6 minutes ago, redapple said:

I think GmcG has been led up the wrong path by somebody and his credibility is in ruins. Shame as he’s been a good journo on the whole. Of course he might be correct in which case my credibility is ruined. But I don’t care. 

I think everyone's credibility has been ruined during this process.

56 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

All I can think is that the matches aren't being cancelled this time, and I guess they could argue that we can find a way of letting us watch them? 

At £350 for 23 games they can get ****** if they think I’m taking a stream for that money. 

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Potentially finding out if he is willing to work solely with the existing coaching staff (my guess is not), that he can only spend what he generates, the infamous who has overall responsibility for transfers, are all things that potentially could still need some clarification.

Yep, not an interview, but an attempt to thrash out common ground.  Last night’s playoff final was the point where we should’ve drawnthe line.  If Fulham had lost, and Hughton sensed Parker was gonna get the sack and therefore tells us he can’t commit....then we move on.  As Fulham won, then JL and MA should be having huge discussions with Hughton today.

I hope that is what is happening!  If they aren’t, the  Hughton has strung them along.

Re Holden, they know all they need to.

Just now, redapple said:

I think GmcG has been led up the wrong path by somebody and his credibility is in ruins. Shame as he’s been a good journo on the whole. Of course he might be correct in which case my credibility is ruined. But I don’t care. 

Gregor hasn’t really said anything different to what Kid has said, has he?  Could they ultimately be linked to the same source?

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I can only think something has gone belly up in the interim and the club, knowing the reaction to the appointment of a member of backroom staff as manager, are literally dithering on what to do next.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Panicking I reckon.

I Don't, I truly think he thought a top manager would jump at the chance to take the job under the  infrastructure he has in place at the club.

I think he has now found out that top people will not be interested in working under the current club structure and see right through it as a no go area. 

5 minutes ago, M.D said:

I Don't, I truly think he thought a top manager would jump at the chance to take the job under the  infrastructure he has in place at the club.

I think he has now found out that top people will not be interested in working under the current club structure and see right through it as a no go area. 

Think there might be a lot in this, although like everybody else I don't know anything.  Like you, can't see the someone like Hughton wanting to report in to Mark Ashton. Hughton has an established track record of getting to the the prem. Does Ashton?

2 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Think there might be a lot in this, although like everybody else I don't know anything.  Like you, can't see the someone like Hughton wanting to report in to Mark Ashton. Hughton has an established track record of getting to the the prem. Does Ashton?

Top people in any form of employment are at the top for a reason. They will happily work within a structure but they have got to the top of their game by leading from the front and doing things how they want. I fear our structure won't allow this so single minded winners will shy away somewhat..

55 minutes ago, Colemanballs said:

I agree with the sentiment 100 percent. I'm not convinced that we did pursue Gerrard though. Gerrard's denial was pretty unambiguous. The statement by SL about taking us to the next level was equally unambiguous and makes your point without needing to venture into areas that are debatable. 

He also said he would like to bring some “fresh air” into the club.

I take that ( took it!) as a new coach/manager with fresh ideas.

Hopefully he sticks to what I think he means! 

Bournemouth supporters having a similar discussion as their resident assistant is now 2/7 and skybet have stopped taking bets. 

Complete with all the same lame jokes "Eddie as his number two" etc etc.

But they're not having a meltdown fair play..

Oh. Hughton was 10/1 before betting was suspended on skybet he's 6/1 for the Watford job with Cook at 9/2.

Both are respectively 7/2 and 7/1 for the City job.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

How many times do people have to explain it.

we were in the midst of a global pandemic when LJ was sacked. Also in the middle of a pandemic when Steve Lansdown proclaimed he wanted a manger to take us to the next level and premier league football ASAP . Also during covid , he actively tried to prize Steven Gerrard from rangers and interview Chris Hughton .
He did all this knowing better than any of us how finances would be affected . 
So after raising expectations through the roof by HIS OWN actions . He’s now seemingly , not going to bother with a manager to take us to the next level at all , but one with no experience what so ever .

If you can’t understand why people are pissed off after all that then that’s a big worry.  

You have articulated the situation perfectly. How some people don’t understand this is beyond me.

Our expectations were set by the owner - he is a smart bloke but he didn’t have to say what he did.

3 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

IF it is DH then surely the contract will only be a 1 year rolling contract to steady the ship through Coronavirus, and then appoint a Top Man when the Pandemic is over.....on the other hand, this is Bristol y

No way. Concept Man was waaaaay better. 

Archived