IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Do you think? It’d make me extremely sad. 

Sad or not Fordy the silence is deafening. I think Scotty and Tins are well respected and hard working.. but we said the same about Adam Baker and Amy(?) And others. 

Lack of news is somewhat telling I think now. 

This cannot be 5 weeks just to appoint Holden... That would be a huge embarassment for the club.

57 minutes ago, Riaz said:

pretty sure when he first come in, you and most city fans said he'd get us relegated.

And who knows what would have happened this season if he didnt lose Brownhill and Webster

Well we kind of do....

see the previous 2 seasons prior to this one for your answer 

LJ just did not have the ability to sustain a top 6 push. 

What if the delay is negotiating a contract with Dean? If I were his agent I'd feel I held all the cards, on the assumption that no one else is inclined to say yes. The job may turn out to be a bit of a poisoned chalice for someone wth a longer term view of their management potential. I wouldn't necessarily recommend Dean took it. Dean has a job at the club, which presumably pays ok and has a compensation clause if he's sacked. What if his agent feels he has Mark Ashton right where he wants him: 'You want Dean? This is what Dean wants...4 years contract, massive payoff if he is sacked.'

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Well we kind of do....

see the previous 2 seasons prior to this one for your answer 

LJ just did not have the ability to sustain a top 6 push. 

Not just that he is incapable of turning around bad form, see his entire management career for that

Just now, Monkeh said:

Not just that he is incapable of turning around bad form, see his entire management career for that

I’m just absolutely speechless at this possible appointment 

1 minute ago, sinenomine said:

Either way OTIB is going to get a hell of a lot more entertaining when an appointment is made too. 

A colossal meltdown or a lot of backtracking and humble pie. 

I cannot explain to you how good humble pie would taste 

6 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

What if the delay is negotiating a contract with Dean? If I were his agent I'd feel I held all the cards, on the assumption that no one else is inclined to say yes. The job may turn out to be a bit of a poisoned chalice for someone wth a longer term view of their management potential. I wouldn't necessarily recommend Dean took it. Dean has a job at the club, which presumably pays ok and has a compensation clause if he's sacked. What if his agent feels he has Mark Ashton right where he wants him: 'You want Dean? This is what Dean wants...4 years contract, massive payoff if he is sacked.'

Is a very good point. The club appear to have painted themselves into a corner. DH can name his price. He wouldn't be the cheap option then!!

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I’m just absolutely speechless at this possible appointment 

I cannot explain to you how good humble pie would taste 

I was just reflecting Andy that one or two of us are awaiting slices of such a pie from the LJ uber-loyalists. Thing is, it never arrives!

8 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Of course, we could just accept that maybe the Board are more experienced and knowledgeable at appointing managers, know the situation better and will therefore make the best decision for the club...? Just a thought ?

History suggests otherwise...

Murray hasn’t been sacked. 

He tweeted the other day he’s going to remove his twitter for a bit, probs to take a break from the negativy etc. 

Tinnion has followed suit, the club won’t fire him either, he’s done a brilliant job so far.

I think both deactivating does confirm it’s going to be Holden though, they know what’s coming.

If it was Hughton, we would know by now. 

I’m almost certain this delay is only because Holden is now on holiday & once he’s back it will be confirmed. 

3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

He tweeted the other day he’s going to remove his twitter for a bit, probs to take a break from the negativy etc. 

Tinnion has followed suit, the club won’t fire him either, he’s done a brilliant job so far.

I think both deactivating does confirm it’s going to be Holden though, they know what’s coming.

I’m almost certain this delay is only because Holden is now on holiday & once he’s back it will be confirmed. 

Ha. What a downer this is ?

No doubt accurate

3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Yeah, it's now becoming more obvious as time goes on. Gotta get used to it!!

21 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Of course, we could just accept that maybe the Board are more experienced and knowledgeable at appointing managers, know the situation better and will therefore make the best decision for the club...? Just a thought ?

Do you think that?

I find the whole 'Holden is on holiday' thing a bit odd though. If you're about to be given your first (permanent) managerial role at a club like Bristol City, do you really wait for your holidays to finish before signing the dotted line? Or do you get back to Brizzle, get the announcement done, then enjoy your final few days of holiday with good news and a beer?

1 minute ago, nebristolred said:

I find the whole 'Holden is on holiday' thing a bit odd though. If you're about to be given your first (permanent) managerial role at a club like Bristol City, do you really wait for your holidays to finish before signing the dotted line? Or do you get back to Brizzle, get the announcement done, then enjoy your final few days of holiday with good news and a beer?

Knowing you won't be there long......

Just now, nebristolred said:

SL has a thing about appointing managers who go on holiday. Steve Coppell did the same and that worked out well 

4 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Maybe he had his interview, thought "Hughton, Cook etc. no way I'll get it but worth a shot" and headed off on hols with his family for a week or whatever.

2 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

As a reminder

Steven Lansdown told talkSPORT this week: “It’s the usual scene, although I haven’t been in it for a while, we’ve got a lot of good applicants.

“John Lansdown and Mark Ashton are sifting through those at the moment and drawing up a shortlist.

“We have a particular type of person we want to come in, there’s been a lot of good work here by Lee, we don’t want to lose that, someone has to come in and build on that.

“The aim is to get us into the Premier League as soon as we can.”

“I’m very sad, as much as he is an employee of myself, I’ve known him a long, long time as a player here and the last four and a half years as a manager,” he explained, on the decision to part company with Johnson.

“We worked very closely together, we spent a lot of time together and it’s difficult when these situations arise. We’re in a situation where Lee has done an awful lot of good work at the club in developing the pathway from the academy and fine-tuning our recruitment process.

“When it comes to the crunch, he hasn’t got us over the line and we felt it was time to make the move, to make a change for someone who can help us make that next step.

“We discussed it before, we felt if we beat Cardiff we would have still had a chance at making that sixth place in the play-offs but we lost and that put us out of contention.

“We felt if we were going to make a change we should start now, bring a breath of fresh air into the club, everyone was on a downer at the point and anybody coming in gets plenty of time for the new season.”

Compare this interview to what is happening now. That’s why everyone is so annoyed.

Archived