IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)

Bcfcbackwell

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 03/08/2020 at 19:28, Septic Peg said:

Hope you like fish puns too...

Welcome!

For Cod's sake, what a load of Pollocks. Who will be the sole survivor? I'm a bit shell-shocked by all this. Stop carping on you're all

giving me a haddock. I can't stand all these fishcious rumours. If DH is HC and not CH then it won't be turtle disaster.

On 03/08/2020 at 19:28, Porto Red said:

I was thinking "welcome to the forum Steve Lansdown"...

Sir Steve to you (hopefully).

On 03/08/2020 at 19:27, Taunton_BCFC said:

Welcome to the forum Dean...

Thanks, see you tomorrow on the box.

On 03/08/2020 at 19:31, cityironman said:

Good post & unfortunately i think your probably right. Welcome by the way!

I think we all need to take a break! Take a deep breath and log back in Monday.

7 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

As a reminder

Steven Lansdown told talkSPORT this week: “It’s the usual scene, although I haven’t been in it for a while, we’ve got a lot of good applicants.

“John Lansdown and Mark Ashton are sifting through those at the moment and drawing up a shortlist.

“We have a particular type of person we want to come in, there’s been a lot of good work here by Lee, we don’t want to lose that, someone has to come in and build on that.

“The aim is to get us into the Premier League as soon as we can.”

“I’m very sad, as much as he is an employee of myself, I’ve known him a long, long time as a player here and the last four and a half years as a manager,” he explained, on the decision to part company with Johnson.

“We worked very closely together, we spent a lot of time together and it’s difficult when these situations arise. We’re in a situation where Lee has done an awful lot of good work at the club in developing the pathway from the academy and fine-tuning our recruitment process.

“When it comes to the crunch, he hasn’t got us over the line and we felt it was time to make the move, to make a change for someone who can help us make that next step.

“We discussed it before, we felt if we beat Cardiff we would have still had a chance at making that sixth place in the play-offs but we lost and that put us out of contention.

“We felt if we were going to make a change we should start now, bring a breath of fresh air into the club, everyone was on a downer at the point and anybody coming in gets plenty of time for the new season.”

SL on LJ 

"He is an employee of myself"

A revealing slip of the tongue.... 

14 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

I find the whole 'Holden is on holiday' thing a bit odd though. If you're about to be given your first (permanent) managerial role at a club like Bristol City, do you really wait for your holidays to finish before signing the dotted line? Or do you get back to Brizzle, get the announcement done, then enjoy your final few days of holiday with good news and a beer?

Same here. I think that’s a very odd detail. Doesn’t add up.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

SL on LJ 

"He is an employee of myself"

A revealing slip of the tongue.... 

Did he say that ? very revealing.

And a tad concerning.

Thought he had taken a bit of a back seat.

50 minutes ago, sinenomine said:

Either way OTIB is going to get a hell of a lot more entertaining when an appointment is made too. 

A colossal meltdown or a lot of backtracking and humble pie. 

Not sure if there will be a need for humble pie, Dean may well be successful though I doubt it. For me it's the frustration of the opportunity we are missing yet again. 

The club has been on the up and progressing to the place we find ourselves now at a crossroads, push the boat out or regress. We have great facilities, a rich benefactor, squad full of mainly young talent, good reputation (until this debacle). 

This season the division will have lost the really big teams and looks ripe for ambitious team with good foundations to make a push towards becoming a top team in this division or even promotion.

It's almost the perfect storm, how often do you get to kick on and make an appointment of the stature of someone like Hughton and everything he brings to the club, you can't guarantee success but you can mitigate that by appointing the best possible man for the job.

Instead we're appointing a man that no other club in the Championship would appoint and risk regressing back to a to yoyo championship club, what a waste of time and effort. We have been here many times in the past, Lumsdon, Fawthrop, Tinnion and Millen I doubt we will have another opportunity like this for a very long time. 

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I wish SL managed us like the rugby club and let people with expertise in the sport manage the club but he cannot see beyond his master plan and bootroom ideology and it fails time and time again. 

Opportunity lost, I guess it's all bullshit when our board talk about the Premier League, talk is cheap Mr Lansdown.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Same here. I think that’s a very odd detail. Doesn’t add up.

If he is the next manager, I’m sure he’s been told already (possibly yesterday when Hughton finally fell through) .  He’s already been involved in all the pre-season planning with Andrew Rolls, it’s probably a few days / a week of downtime.

Im sure he’s in regular contact with the board, his family a bit pissed off, and the only thing they can’t do is do the full announcement with pictures etc.  He will be well informed about each players’ future both from club and individual perspective.

Hes just not physically in Bristol, lots can still go on.

17 minutes ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

Shock horror!

BCFC employee seen smiling outside Ashton Gate.

Read all about it!

Not sure why everyone feels the need to misinterpret a jovial comment clearly intended to lighten the mood.  Perhaps if I added an emoji it would be clear to all?

4 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Not sure if there will be a need for humble pie, Dean may well be successful though I doubt it.

I hope you all have to scoff 'umble pie because all this negative stuff about Dean Holden (if he is actually chosen) is disrespectful. He is a decent man and deserves to be given a fair chance and deserves the support of fans, whatever their view on who they would have preferred for the job.  If we can be really positive, maybe this will benefit the very young players who are going to make a real splash this coming season. Please don't let the "so called" fans drown them in a sea of negativity!

6 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Not sure if there will be a need for humble pie, Dean may well be successful though I doubt it. For me it's the frustration of the opportunity we are missing yet again. 

The club has been on the up and progressing to the place we find ourselves now at a crossroads, push the boat out or regress. We have great facilities, a rich benefactor, squad full of mainly young talent, good reputation (until this debacle). 

This season the division will have lost the really big teams and looks ripe for ambitious team with good foundations to make a push towards becoming a top team in this division or even promotion.

It's almost the perfect storm, how often do you get to kick on and make an appointment of the stature of someone like Hughton and everything he brings to the club, you can't guarantee success but you can mitigate that by appointing the best possible man for the job.

Instead we're appointing a man that no other club in the Championship would appoint and risk regressing back to a to yoyo championship club, what a waste of time and effort. We have been here many times in the past, Lumsdon, Fawthrop, Tinnion and Millen I doubt we will have another opportunity like this for a very long time. 

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I wish SL managed us like the rugby club and let people with expertise in the sport manage the club but he cannot see beyond his master plan and bootroom ideology and it fails time and time again. 

Opportunity lost, I guess it's all bullshit when our board talk about the Premier League, talk is cheap Mr Lansdown.

I agree with everything you say.

The humble pie was for if we actually appoint Hughton, I think a lot of people would have to withdraw comments they had made about the club in that circumstance. 

2 hours ago, Cov 77 said:

Two days on from the meltdown , still feel exactly the same, very angry at where we are after 5 weeks , the assistant to the failure going to come in on the cheap, and taken so long, massive wasted opportunity this was our moment to push on with everything in place to do so , but the control freaks who are in positions of power only want a yes man not a strong person who may argue but has a great chance of getting us to the promised land , how could Hughton imagine he’s knows more about a midfielder player than Ashton , did you know he worked at Oxford!

Having been a fan for many more years than I can remember , season ticket holder for 20 years or more I really have had enough ,  for COVID reasons I did not get a ticket in the arm twisting period. , thank god for that as I cannot face giving money to these faceless tossers.  

I have nothing against Dean on a personal basis but this is the last straw .

Totally agree and im with you on that we need to vote on our feet now it's all pathetic.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If he is the next manager, I’m sure he’s been told already (possibly yesterday when Hughton finally fell through) .  He’s already been involved in all the pre-season planning with Andrew Rolls, it’s probably a few days / a week of downtime.

Im sure he’s in regular contact with the board, his family a bit pissed off, and the only thing they can’t do is do the full announcement with pictures etc.  He will be well informed about each players’ future both from club and individual perspective.

Hes just not physically in Bristol, lots can still go on.

Valid points but from a board/club perspective it feels counterproductive. The uncertainty does no one any good. Surely it’s better to announce it - even if it’s with relatively little fanfare.

Feels very a strange PR strategy. Perhaps they’re going to announce some good signings as early as possible to dampen the blow. If Eliasson and Diedhiou both go, that’s more bad PR from two popular players leaving. Dean will have his work cut out, he’s going to have to start very well.

We can't seriously be about to make such an unpopular head coach appointment that club staff are retreating from social media shortly before the announcement?!

I mean, what does that say about the current state of affairs?!!

8 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

I want whatever substances they must be on in the City boardroom, if they think Dean Holden is the right man for the job. 

(I will renege this comment in the future, if he turns out to be a roaring success, but I wouldn't bet on it)

So your vitriol is ok now when we don't know how good he will be but if he wins a few ok all is good. Why dont you fo and support the gas

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Valid points but from a board/club perspective it feels counterproductive. The uncertainty does no one any good. Surely it’s better to announce it - even if it’s with relatively little fanfare.

Feels very a strange PR strategy. Perhaps they’re going to announce some good signings as early as possible to dampen the blow. If Eliasson and Diedhiou both go, that’s more bad PR from two popular players leaving. Dean will have his work cut out, he’s going to have to start very well.

2 popular players leaving! Do me a favour most on here been slagging Diedhiou all season!

Archived